Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As i await my car
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
Has anyone "added the Full Self Driving" before delivery? i keep thinking about it and I guess i have questions.
  • do i need to pay in full if it's added?
  • do they reassess my loan (i am financing via tesla)
  • should i even do it?!?!? :oops:

Welcome to the forum. I am waiting for the exact same config.

I would pass on FSD for now. It costs $12K and they did a recent price hike (it was $10K). So I assume it will stay at $12K for quite a while and you can add it later if need be.

• Helpful
Reactions: disneygirl420
Hey Everyone, just wanted to throw my information out there as I am waiting for my Long Range Model 3.

Config: Midnight Silver, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

OD: 1/23/22
1/26 EDD: May 11 - June 8

At the time of ordering, the order page still had an estimated delivery of March, but within my account this is the EDD that I am seeing. After reading through, this is the furthest EDD I have seen for an order date in January. Not sure if this is actually true, but my guess is that it has something to do with the exterior color I chose. My hope is maybe it's just an error, but not sure. Might call Tesla, but it also seems like there isn't really much info they have.
I ordered the exact same configuration as you did 11 days earlier. At order time my estimated delivery time was in March as well. My first EDD was 2/15 - 3/15. Today it was moved to 1/29 - 2/7. My guess is that your second EDD estimate will jump back to a Feb/March time frame with a significant narrowing of the EDD interval. Good luck!

Reactions: CGatlin
I have not fully completed the financing portion yet. Do you know if I am able to change it before taking delivery if I choose a different method etc...?
I can't say this enough: If you don't complete your tasks, you will not get in line. I ordered 8/30, waited until November to complete my tasks and here I am... Still waiting. Apparently, you can put cash and fill out the loan application closer to the date. I didn't know about that and am now hoping they won't have to run my credit again. I heard they don't do a hard pull the second time, but still. With the very unpredictable delivery dates I've been observing on here, I would say put cash and wait.

Reactions: Doggerton and ynb86
Doggerton: Yes i postponed delivery and did not want to have to vehicle payments. Yesterday I dropped off a Chevy Bolt at the GM dealership and received a check that will be used as down payment for the M3LR. I might be premature on my EDD since I am now being informed the GM loan will take a week or more to show that it has been paid off. Oh well, maybe I will get the ryzen chip in mine?? Currently driving a F-250 with a 460 gas motor weee yeah 9mpg

• Funny
Reactions: Doggerton and T4M3
I have not fully completed the financing portion yet. Do you know if I am able to change it before taking delivery if I choose a different method etc...?
It is suggested to complete the financing profile as well to get an accurate EDD (or even get in waiting line :)). You can select cash for now and change it later as well through your SA. I had selected cash before but i have changed it to part 3rd party financing and rest downpayment. I am still unsure of the amount I am going to finance so I spoke to my SA and he said once VIN is assigned and I have finalized the financing amount and down payment , I can let him know and he would be able to change it.

Reactions: Doggerton
Oh and to add
order date: 1/23
EDD: 3/12-3/31
Even if you want FSD it might pay to add it later. There's still a chance a portion of BBB dealing EVs will pass & become law. No point missing out on a possible tax savings. You can always add FSD after you take possession of the car without destroying potential eligibility for this tax savings...

If I am paying cash for my Model 3, do I need to make the cash payment before I get an EDD and VIN assigned to me? I just took my order off of hold a few hours ago (OD = 12/22/21) and don't have an EDD yet. The Tesla app says "Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." I can't recall the sequence of events, but I bet someone on this Forum knows the answer!!

I can't say this enough: If you don't complete your tasks, you will not get in line. I ordered 8/30, waited until November to complete my tasks and here I am... Still waiting. Apparently, you can put cash and fill out the loan application closer to the date. I didn't know about that and am now hoping they won't have to run my credit again. I heard they don't do a hard pull the second time, but still. With the very unpredictable delivery dates I've been observing on here, I would say put cash and wait.
Confirming that I selected cash to get myself in line, shortly after that my delivery dates started shifting around, and I just got my VIN assigned this morning. I immediately called Tesla and asked them to change it to financing and they reset it in the app and I was able to complete that portion. Definitely select cash to get yourself in line!

If I am paying cash for my Model 3, do I need to make the cash payment before I get an EDD and VIN assigned to me? I just took my order off of hold a few hours ago (OD = 12/22/21) and don't have an EDD yet. The Tesla app says "Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." I can't recall the sequence of events, but I bet someone on this Forum knows the answer!!
You just need the bank draft/certified cheque ready at delivery. Take a picture of it to prove you gave it to Tesla.

Well, I'm now on my 5th delivery appointment (not EDD). Was supposed to pick up the car this Saturday (1/29), now delayed until NEXT Saturday.

Tesla has already had my money (for weeks).

According to Tesla, my car has been enroute to Birmingham for the last month. The guy on the phone yesterday even "woke up" the car to see its current location and it was in Mississippi, only a few hours by train to Birmingham. And as of yesterday, it was still on track to arrive at my SC in Charlotte on the 27th for delivery the 29th. Now I get another entire week's worth of delay.

I am having a hard time understanding why this is happening. I drove by the SC the other day, and cars with build dates of 1/11 and 1/12 are sitting on the lot already. Mine was probably built two weeks before that (146xxx). I understand that it's in the hands of third-party shipping at this point, but ugh. It doesn't take most large durable goods over a month to transit the country. I'm guessing it got shunted off to some lonely siding in S***water, Arkansas, and forgotten for awhile...

I'm tempted to reject the VIN, but the Tesla rep on the phone told me it would likely be June before I'd get a car in that case. I don't know if that was just a WAG on her part, but still, that's a long time. I'm not going to go that long with my $$ sitting in Wonderland with no car to show for it.

I think the Atom vs Ryzen debate is overblown, so I'm not too worried about that. I've been matched to this VIN for over a month.

My SA isn't much help. Emails asking for calls and/or more information have gone mostly un-returned, and I'm not a high-maintenance customer.

In short, I guess there's nothing to do and no one in particular to blame. It just doesn't seem to be a very "usual" experience. We are all used to shifting EDDs, but shifting delivery dates over almost a month with a matched VIN doesn't seem to be the norm.

If it's set as cash then there should be no payment due until they have a VIN and car for you. Maybe give it a day or two to catch up and get an EDD

My SA told me I could pay the balance right on the spot after examining the car. This is what I'm going to do on 1/28/22 while taking delivery of my M3 LR

Reactions: Paul4343
Depends on the manufacture date. Based on the conversation in this forum , if the car is manufactured after Jan 16 it will most likely have 16XXX vin assigned to it and will also most likely have new processor and new battery. For the VIN's 15XXX i think most of them reported previous intel atom processor and battery
I called Tesla about a completely different issue and the asked them about the AMD chip with my 15XXX vin. He couldn't confirm the chip but confirmed I have the new battery. My delivery is on Saturday so I'll see. Would they put the new battery in and not the new processor?

Well folks, "Christmas Eve" for us Mountaineers has moved-up by two days thanks to Mother Nature. The Rockville, MD Service Center called earlier today to say our M3LR had just arrived on the big truck from the West Coast, and encouraged us to come get it ahead of our possible Mid-Atlantic snowstorm on Friday and Saturday (our delivery had been set for Saturday at 2:00pm). Fine by me because Saturday's weather -- behind any precip -- is looking like temps in the 20's and windchills in the single digits... not ideal for a thorough inspection. So tomorrow at 3:00pm it is! My good friend and Tesla owner/guru who lives minutes from the Rockville Center has already scoped-out our baby in their staging lot and shot me a few pics (I'll post an "official" one or two tomorrow). Says everything looks fairly good from a quick visual inspection of the exterior (some of the car is still wrapped/taped from the cross-country journey).

VIN 1563XX with a confirmed build date (according to the shipment sticker) of 1/13/22. 99.999999% certain that it has the Intel Atom and the lead-acid 12v on-board and I'm OK with that. Actually, I'm giddy as hell at the moment :)

Fingers crossed and cautiously optimistic that all goes-off without a hitch tomorrow. The Mrs. is excited... and that's always a positive ;-)

Wish us well!

As i await my car
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
Has anyone "added the Full Self Driving" before delivery? i keep thinking about it and I guess i have questions.
  • do i need to pay in full if it's added?
  • do they reassess my loan (i am financing via tesla)
  • should i even do it?!?!? :oops:
I suggest try it yourself for a month for $200 and then decide if it’s worth paying $12k

My SA told me I could pay the balance right on the spot after examining the car. This is what I'm going to do on 1/28/22 while taking delivery of my M3 LR
Makes sense. When I place my original order, I got an EDD for like mid-Feb; but then 1-2 days later I got a VIN and EDD was Dec 29-31 for the year end rush. I unmatched that VIN and went on hold, mostly for the hope of a tax credit in 2022 and also holding out for the hardware upgrades. I made the ACH cash transfer 24 hours prior to deciding to go on hold, and the person I called at Tesla was so helpful and managed to reverse the ACH transfer. So I assume I will get a date and a VIN once again before I have to pay, which seems fair.