Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to the above, yesterday I got a text saying they expect my car to be ready "in the next few weeks," and today I got a phone call from a Tesla representative stating that they expect it to be within a couple weeks (I think he said my build was scheduled for 2/10). No new EDD yet.

OD 11/16 / M3LR/ MSM / Black / Aero
Socal
New EDD this morning, 2/5 - 3/2. (From 2/4 - 2/18). I'm starting to get tired of being jerked around (see chain of replies), especially since I'm definitely now on the longer side of the bell curve for days from OD to delivery (79 days in my case).

Well, diverted a bit this morning on this thread about phantom braking and cruise control :)

No change in my status: I will be ending my hold next week on Feb 9 (per Tesla's directive I need to end it before Feb 10) and then I'll see what VIN I get.

Anybody having VINs assigned in North Carolina or neighboring states recently?

Last edited:
Well, diverted a bit this morning on this thread about phantom braking and cruise control :)

That discussion was split off and moved to the subforum where autopilot / FSD discussions go. Specifically, here:

There are a lot of other threads on that exact topic in that subforum as well, if someone wants to dive into that.

I noticed some individuals are getting better support than their assigned SA. Who are you calling direct? I get a fixed and robotic response every time on timing.
I'm picking up in IL but closest service center is in Milwaukee, WI. The WI guy is really responsive so I've directed all my questions there. Maybe it's different for places that have the same delivery and service center? I've also used Tesla chat when my guy is out for the day.

TL;DR version: The manual does not say any of that.

Highway, freeway, controlled-access highway, whatever.

In April 2021, when I asked the question, this is what the manual said:

1) WARNING: Do not use Traffic-Aware Cruise control on city streets or on roads where traffic conditions are constantly changing
2) Autosteer is intended for use only by a fully attentive driver on freeways and highways where access is limited by entry and exit ramps

The manual, today, is quite different.

I'll stand by what I said. Using AP (TACC, Autosteer, etc) on roads with opposing traffic and cross streets is dangerous.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and EvDoss
There she is! Her name is Billie and she is perfect! Thank you all for making the long wait bearable! Very happy to graduate from this group. Good luck to everyone on this crazy rollercoaster!
Oh also, I forgot to mention: I got 1 year free Premium Connectivity! Yay! I have no idea how to find out about Ryzen and battery, and personally don't care too much about that, but I am happy to check and let you know for the sake of keeping track of VIN/feature updates if anyone can tell me how I can find out. I am so unbelievably happy with my car, it's totally worth the wait, I agree @Doggerton . Yours looks perfect in front of your cute house 🙌🏽😻!

Oh also, I forgot to mention: I got 1 year free Premium Connectivity! Yay! I have no idea how to find out about Ryzen and battery, and personally don't care too much about that, but I am happy to check and let you know for the sake of keeping track of VIN/feature updates if anyone can tell me how I can find out. I am so unbelievably happy with my car, it's totally worth the wait, I agree @Doggerton . Yours looks perfect in front of your cute house 🙌🏽😻!
Congrats!!!

You got the one-year free connectivity because your order date is before they switched it to 30-days. I think they did the switch some time last October.

Reactions: In_the_process
Day 55: I thought taking a "woe is me" stance would encourage the car gods to give me a bit of sympathy and magically take me to VIN-land. That didn't happen. I am happy for those who are getting hooked up with their Tesla in such short order. But if you're among those of us who feel forgotten, just visit the M3 SR+/RWD Waiting Room and see how many buyers from July, August and September are just now getting their cars. Some of those poor souls have truly lost their excitement in the process.

Fortunately, I will be distracted today by shoveling 6" of snow off the driveway, not for a car that doesn't exist, but for the Amazon delivery of you-know-what.