Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it's been an active 24hrs for me.

After getting my VIN yesterday and having my SA reset my payment options, I took the required pictures and submitted my 2021 RAV4 AWD for trade-in. Submitted a finance application with Tesla at the same time.

Pro-tip - don't do what I did and instead wait for the trade-in offer to finalize. Still new to this 😄

Tesla doesn't have their own financing up in Canada and instead partners with our major banks.
My SA informed me that the bank only sees credit rating and debt-to-income, so to them it looks like I'm getting a 2nd car loan - yikes.
First update came back in a few hours - 1 of the 3 banks denied the application, and the other two asked for more info.
Tesla also asked for a payout statement.

On the delivery front, I've got it scheduled. After I got my delivery text this morning I checked the days available - Feb. 15/16/17 - 16th had the most sun forecasted so I was going to pick that. Didn't have time to confirm it and when I got back home this evening I saw that the 15th was greyed out and the 18th had now become available.
12C and sunny? Count me in. There might be some white stuff coming on Tuesday so Friday also gives 3 days time for anything to melt.
Oh and my pending trade-in offer on my RAV4 is CAD$31700. No idea where that sits on the scale.

Time to watch all these Tesla videos I was planning to watch over the next 3 months as I was under the assumption things were going to be backed up for a while.
That's not bad money for the RAV4, especially since Tesla doesn't want to be in the used car business. They offered me about the same for my 2021 Model 3

Texted Tesla last night, got an email today, nothing really new, no date yet. My EDD is Feb 21 - March 21. I asked the likelihood of a Feb delivery, she said it's likely the middle; probably beginning of March.

I'd be happy with that. She also mentioned that because I'm close to the factory (Vancouver BC) it only takes a day or two once shipped...

Is there any truth that they do batches of cars in certain colors? I feel like I saw a ton of MSM VIN's around the same time as me on the delivery subreddit.
I don't know, but according to someone who posted several days ago about order stats, certain colors usually take longer to deliver, including blue, red, and black. I know I'm in for a wait. I wouldn't be surprised if that was because they do batches of cars in certain colors.

I don't know, but according to someone who posted several days ago about order stats, certain colors usually take longer to deliver, including blue, red, and black. I know I'm in for a wait. I wouldn't be surprised if that was because they do batches of cars in certain colors.
Yeah I will say that technically my scheduled delivery date is within my original big EDD. Still sucks to have to wait another week though.

Reactions: goinelectric
So….I got a VIN yesterday when I checked the page source code, after I had accepted the Vision agreement. But I still don’t have a VIN on my app nor the website. How long does it take of that VIN to formally appear?
Is it just a visibility property on the label control that’s set to hide it? If you see it in the json I would assume it’s bound to a control somehow. Why would it be in the json but not in the view?

So….I got a VIN yesterday when I checked the page source code, after I had accepted the Vision agreement. But I still don’t have a VIN on my app nor the website. How long does it take of that VIN to formally appear?
If you have a clickable link for your MVPA it'll be there on the first page of the PDF.

Is there any truth that they do batches of cars in certain colors? I feel like I saw a ton of MSM VIN's around the same time as me on the delivery subreddit.
I've been lurking since December and people seem to agree the Red and Blue seem to take longer. Literally 2-3 weeks ago we had VIN after VIN and it was all MSM.

Last edited:

Thats what we have understood about tesla manufacturing for a while. They dont actually build to order, they just build in batches and match you to a car when they get to the batch that includes your color.

Well guys, today was graduation day from this thread for me took deliver my LR Model 3 today.

-Config: White LRAWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically unheld, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3rd 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8th 2022- EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 25
-Jan 25th 2022 - EDD Updated to Feb 6th-Feb 16th
-Jan 26th 2022 - Vin assigned (165XX) EDD Updated to Feb 8th-Feb 11th
-Feb 10th 2022 - Took delivery

Few notes

Included:
AMD Ryzen & 12v Li-Oh Battery

Not included
Dual pane rear windows
Cooled seats
Heated wipers
No more USB C data ports in center console (charge only)

Just FYI - I used this checklist for delivery for both my SR+ and my LR Model 3, super helpful.
The Best Tesla Model 3 Delivery Checklist

Did find some issues such as a crack in my wood trim, passenger side seat control doesn't work all the time, but got a service appointment already set up (created it before I hit 100 miles) overall pretty happy. Ryzen is absolutely worth the wait in my opinion (having owned and used both). Maps, browser and theater apps all load super fast; but the main thing for me was that sentry mode/dashcam scrubbing through video is super quick, and turn signal cameras load instantly (unlike on the Intel Atom)

Oh and got 1 year premium connectivity included since my original order date was before they changed the trial to 30 days on the LR's :cool:
I don't get it why reporting defects and scheduling a service appointment must be done before 100 miles. Especially for such defects as not working seat controls or cracked wood trim.

My EDD period, 2/18-3/18, moved today to 2/26-3/5 and I got a text to say we can expect delivery in that time period (as follow up to trade in inquiry by Tesla). So the first date moved out by a week, but the end date came in so its now down to a one week window instead of a month. Not sure but seem like a good sign to narrow EDD to a few days.

OD: Jan 11. M3LR, White, Black interior, 18", no FSD.
Ordered 4 days after you, same config, same location, and EDD has been 2/21-3/21. Looks like I’m close! Thanks for sharing.

From what I recall reading was that you need to basically take possession of car then you can apply for the rebate.
I could be wrong, maybe other members can chime in to clarify.
I'm actually reading it as when they review your application, not when you order or take possession of the vehicle. Or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it wouldn't matter if you take possession of it this year since I hear it could take up to 9-10 months to process. Last bullet point on the page.

Applicants on the CVRP rebate waitlist understand and agree that an application placed on a waitlist may be subject to new Terms and Conditions and new CVRP Implementation Manual requirements should funding become available. As a result, there is no guarantee that you will be eligible for a rebate.

I'm actually reading it as when they review your application, not when you order or take possession of the vehicle. Or maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it wouldn't matter if you take possession of it this year since I hear it could take up to 9-10 months to process. Last bullet point on the page.

I decided to dig a bit more and visited their FAQ page. They have portion specific to Tesla vehicle applicants. I’m copying verbatim from that Tesla-specific portion under portion titled Before You Apply:

“For Tesla vehicles the date of first registration with the California DMV will be considered the date of purchase or lease. Applicants submitting an application post-purchase must have taken delivery of their vehicle before submitting an application.

Applications received prior to the date of purchase/lease as stated above will be cancelled, and applicants will need to re-apply. Eligibility will be reviewed based on the Terms and Conditions in place at the time a new application is submitted. Extensions will not be granted.

If you have questions, please call our team at 866-984-2532. “

WHY am I the only one who doesn't care about the Ryzen Chip...smh
You are not. I'm kind of flabbergasted at reading about so many people rejecting cars.The car I'm replacing is low mileage (83k) for its age, but it's still 19.5 years old. I'm not going to get much for it, but anything that goes wrong is straight-up lost money to fix it.

I have same config, SoCal, ordered 12/3. EDD 2/10-2/24. Expecting to wake up tomorrow with a EDD push…
Same here, SoCal OD 12/14 EDD 2/10-2/24 and dreading EDD pushback tomorrow 😕
Same here ordered 1/7 with EDD 2/10-3/10

Hopefully SoCAL deliveries are coming sooner than later!!! My EDD window starts on Monday (2/14), but I'm starting to doubt I will get a VIN soon - just another EDD delay.

Reactions: disneygirl420