Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. First post here..
m3lr Blue aero no Fsd south California
OD - 2/09
edd march 3 - march 30

i have a question. Do I need to ask SA if I want the car delivered without front plate holder Or they don’t install till delivery ?

thanks

OD - 2/09
edd march 3 - march 30

i have a question. Do I need to ask SA if I want the car delivered without front plate holder Or they don’t install till delivery ?

thanks
I'm not 100% on this, but I seem to remember that California requires dealers to install them before delivery if the car is being registered in the state. I lived there for 7 years, but it was a long time ago.

Reactions: VCANTSEE
I told my wife her 3 might beat my S here and it was a close race. While I took delivery of the S this week there are some issues that need to be fixed before I can drive it. We'll today we just got the VIN for her 3. It is 182XXX.

Delivery will be about 10 days out from now. Which means my S will be in for its service appt. while we take delivery of hers. So unless there are significant issues with the 3, we'll be driving it before we can drive the S. I think we are looking at 5 weeks from order to delivery if our delivery date holds. I think it was a 3-4 month estimated wait when we ordered. Maybe they prioritized us because of 2 other Teslas in the last year.

Getting to the final steps!

Order Date: 1/13/22 - Orlando FL
Spec: M3LR, MSM, Black Interior, Aero wheels, No FSD.

EDD 1: 2/26 - 03/26

EDD 2: 03/07 - 03/11

VIN: 02/18/2022 (1806)

Today I received/confirmed the real financing numbers (including tax title, fees, etc.., uploaded proof of insurance, now waiting to schedule delivery and send payment.. Does anyone know if you pay first or do you schedule delivery then pay?

I wanted to finance.. but due to having two other car loans, they wanted a ton of money down. Fingers crossed that Tesla allows lease buy-outs in the next few years. 🤞

Reactions: Mustangr

Model 3 LR received - Fremont Factory location VIN 183XXX​

Not sure if I got the heated wipers but I can confirm Li-Ion 12v and AMD CPU. VIN 183XXX. Took a picture to see if anyone can confirm anything about the wipers.
Ordered Jan 10th with all task completed same day with Tesla Financing.
EDDs:
Jan 10th: March
Jan 11th: 2/19 - 3/19
Feb 15th: 2/18 - 3/4
Feb 19th: 2/21 - 3/3
Feb 20th: VIN number received. 2/22 - 2/24. I was able to schedule pick up for Feb 23rd and after I finished all the agreements, I received a call from the delivery location and they ask me if I want to pick it up today instead. Jump at the opportunity to pick it up early and during a weekend instead of a work week.
Pick up Location was Fremont Factory.

OD - 2/09
edd march 3 - march 30

thanks
I think it is dependent on which Tesla dealer you pick up from. In my case, I called to request them NOT to install any front license plate and was told they don’t install front plates in that particular dealer. But as someone else mentioned it was be “required” per CA rules etc.

OD - 2/09
edd march 3 - march 30

thanks
depends on the location you pick up. in los angeles/burbank (where ill be picking up my new m3p), no one ive asked had the plate on. when i got my 2020 model 3p back in march 2020, when i picked it up the plate was already on. i took it off right away as its only held on by 3m type double sided tape.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4

Model 3 LR received - Fremont Factory location VIN 183XXX​

Not sure if I got the heated wipers but I can confirm Li-Ion 12v and AMD CPU. VIN 183XXX. Took a picture to see if anyone can confirm anything about the wipers.
Ordered Jan 10th with all task completed same day with Tesla Financing.
EDDs:
Jan 10th: March
Jan 11th: 2/19 - 3/19
Feb 15th: 2/18 - 3/4
Feb 19th: 2/21 - 3/3
Feb 20th: VIN number received. 2/22 - 2/24. I was able to schedule pick up for Feb 23rd and after I finished all the agreements, I received a call from the delivery location and they ask me if I want to pick it up today instead. Jump at the opportunity to pick it up early and during a weekend instead of a work week.
Pick up Location was Fremont Factory.
If you have software 2022.4.5 or later it will be an option in the hvac controls next to the heated steering wheel.

Otherwise pop the frunk and cover and…How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)

Been following this thread for a few weeks—jealous of all of those who ordered after me with VIN and Delivery already but happy for you at the same time. Figured I’d join in on the fun.
M3LR / White / White / 19 / No FSD
Pickup in Smithtown, NY

OD 1/20

1/20 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/21-5/30

1/28 Update: Estimated Delivery 2/26-3/26

2/8 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/23 - 5/21