Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those who have scheduled their pickup from a dealer:

I received my VIN 48 hours ago. Finished paperwork. The scheduled delivery says "March 10-16." How long until I can schedule the actual delivery?

Thanks!
I received a text about 4 days after receiving my VIN, it included a link to schedule my delivery. It gave me options for what day of the week, as well as time of day.

Reactions: Mgritts
You've certainly had a lot of very small push backs which is interesting. Lucky for you, since you are so close to the factory, once you get a VIN you may actually get same day delivery like a lot of people in that area have. Got my VIN 1.5 weeks ago and I am only halfway to my delivery day of 3/12 lol. Other side of the country...
exactly....whenever VIN happens...it will likely be within 3 days i get car

Last edited:
Not to mention that most Kia dealers are charging 20%+ over sticker for the EV6 right now (at least the GT-Line AWD)....
Felt the same about when I test drove a AWD Ioniq 5 -- drove well enough, a little more plush on the ride than on the model 3/Y, but ultimately the cruise control was no match for Tesla Autopilot, and the packaging of that car was a little odd for my tastes. A good amount of cabin volume, but plrobably because of the very short rear and front overhangs + very long wheelbase seemed to give it less usable cargo volume than even a Model 3. The frunk is a little small and not accessible from the outside, too.

My test drive actually pushed me to order a M3LR in the parking lot at the Hyundai dealer as I was leaving.

1/14 OD
Orig EDD was 3/15-3/31
EDD is 4/15-6-14 :-(

Updated EDD as of this am 3/2: 3/13-31
Was that you when I heard a huge sigh of relief?

As predicted yesterday, my EDD changed today to 3/13-3/31, the same as yours. Welcome to the 'end-of-the-quarter-club'. My loan commitment will expire before then, but the good news is that Fed Chairman Powell just stated that the Fed interest rate increase later this month will only be .25%. The market was guessing it would be .5%. This means rates will go up (some already have), just not so fast. We'll take any good news as it comes.

Was that you when I heard a huge sigh of relief?

As predicted yesterday, my EDD changed today to 3/13-3/31, the same as yours. Welcome to the 'end-of-the-quarter-club'. My loan commitment will expire before then, but the good news is that Fed Chairman Powell just stated that the Fed interest rate increase later this month will only be .25%. The market was guessing it would be .5%. This means rates will go up (some already have), just not so fast. We'll take any good news as it comes.
Don't changes to auto rates typically lag behind mortgage and other interests whenever such adjustments are made? I may be wrong, I am only repeating hearsay.

Don't changes to auto rates typically lag behind mortgage and other interests whenever such adjustments are made? I may be wrong, I am only repeating hearsay.
They try to raise rates ahead of major moves by the fed so they don't get caught with below-market rates. Last month the Tesla-preferred loan providers raised their rates from 2.49% to 2.74% in anticipation of the fed move that won't come until 3/15. Mortgage rates follow the 10 year Treasuries. Raises don't lag but rate cuts do.

• Informative
Reactions: Kaytu
They try to raise rates ahead of major moves by the fed so they don't get caught with below-market rates. Last month the Tesla-preferred loan providers raised their rates from 2.49% to 2.74% in anticipation of the fed move that won't come until 3/15. Mortgage rates follow the 10 year Treasuries. Raises don't lag but rate cuts do.
This is why I bit the bullet and applied to another credit union to get an additional 60 day buffer and lock the rate. It's a little annoying doing two hard inquiries. But the impact is minimal.

Reactions: Kaytu
Do we have any "guess" or insight to how many final delivery dates get changed "last minute" or are they generally good? I know there are lots of examples of trucks etc being delayed so not talking about those.

Thanks...hope my question makes sense!

Do we have any "guess" or insight to how many final delivery dates get changed "last minute" or are they generally good? I know there are lots of examples of trucks etc being delayed so not talking about those.

Thanks...hope my question makes sense!

Valid question. Yes. I have seen it happen to folks here - dunno about Model X or Y waiting rooms, I'll let rollermonkey weigh-in on those - but when it happens it's infrequent. Usually because the car didn't arrive on time, or was late and they got behind with their prep and inspections.

My delivery is scheduled for Saturday, and my SA told me they're expecting it to arrive there on Friday. I plan to reach out Friday to get an update. You may want to consider that as well if you - like me - have a significant drive and a lot of logistics to work out before heading to the pickup.