Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't been here in a hot minute. I have a question for y'all. I placed my order back in Nov '21 but didn't fill out the payment information because I don't need the car yet. They've been automatically pushing my car forward every month to like next month or so (I assume this is not normal for people who ordered back then! Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I still don't need the car yet, BUT..:

I noticed that the payment information section is entirely gone. I initially thought, oh they must've moved it to the app, but I checked today and nope, there is no place to fill that out anymore, not on desktop, not on mobile web, and not in the [iOS] App. I am worried that now even if I did decide I'm ready for the car I will just keep being delayed and delayed in a loop. Is there anything to do?

Haven't been here in a hot minute. I have a question for y'all. I placed my order back in Nov '21 but didn't fill out the payment information because I don't need the car yet. They've been automatically pushing my car forward every month to like next month or so (I assume this is not normal for people who ordered back then! Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I still don't need the car yet, BUT..:

I noticed that the payment information section is entirely gone. I initially thought, oh they must've moved it to the app, but I checked today and nope, there is no place to fill that out anymore, not on desktop, not on mobile web, and not in the [iOS] App. I am worried that now even if I did decide I'm ready for the car I will just keep being delayed and delayed in a loop. Is there anything to do?
Supposedly, they've updated the algorithm so that it no longer delay orders for incomplete profiles. But you can reach out to your SA to change your payment info

Reactions: Yankees
First post... Been following this forum for a while, very helpful!

Also in NC, ordered late 2021 but didn't complete delivery tasks. Currently out of the country, trying to delay to end of Q2.

M3LR, White/Black, 19", no FSD
OD 10/24, no delivery steps completed
Rec'd cancellation email 3/4
Completed first 2 delivery steps (location, registration) 3/7
Initial EDD (3/7): 5/23-6/20

I'll let you know how it progresses.
Thanks for responding! Good luck to you.

I live in Sunnyvale, CA, which is 15 min drive to the Fremont Factory. I placed an OD on 2/15 and its first gave me a EDD of may 20 - june 20. Then a week and half ago it updated to April 28 - May 26. Do you guys think that I could get it earlier. Also when does the next quarter end. Let me know what you guys think.

I live in Sunnyvale, CA, which is 15 min drive to the Fremont Factory. I placed an OD on 2/15 and its first gave me a EDD of may 20 - june 20. Then a week and half ago it updated to April 28 - May 26. Do you guys think that I could get it earlier. Also when does the next quarter end. Let me know what you guys think.
I assume it’s July, but I don’t want to think about it getting pushed out that far. I regret not ordering sooner. I am not hopeful I’ll make the first quarter cut off. Even ordering a week prior seems to have made a big difference based on a lot of the posts here. Though I have to say I haven’t seen too many posts from folks in my area. Fingers crossed.

I am picking up from Fremont, my OD is on 2/11, my EDD haven't changed since, it stays April 22 - May 20. My SA told me there could be chance to get it by the end of March, we will have to see. I hope my EDD will update soon as many people in this thread had their 2nd EDD in a month or so after the OD.

Yep, they shipped mine next day. Make sure you know where it is shipping, they sent it to me instead of directly to Tesla. Had to sign and re-ship to Tesla when I got it.
I just checked out DCU. I can't believe they're offering 1.49%!!! How long is the approval valid for? My credit union application expires at the end of the month so if I don't have my VIN, I'll have to reapply.

Just got the text! Pickup at Clarkston, Michigan location March 14th. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but they “received” my check via mail today. Then got the delivery text message. Could be total coincidence. But I am very excited! The wait is almost over.
OD is 12/31
LR white on white, 18 inch, No FSD

Reactions: cmy4x4 and GOGR33N
Got my VIN today! 201XXX. Pretty pumped!
OD 01/27/22
EDD #1 of 03/03-3/31
EDD #2 of 4/20-5/18
EDD#3 3/9-3/23
Silver, Dual Motor, LR, Aero Wheels Black Interior, Portland Oregon.
delivery is scheduled for Friday. Driveway is supposed to be buying my old Model 3 at the same time. I anticipate I won't have the money from the sale of my old car for a couple days, so I called Tesla and asked that the amount financed be the whole thing instead of the difference. They were really cool about it.

The interesting thing is I live about five miles from the dealership, but the "delivery" of my car is happening at my home address. Didn't specifically request that but I won't say no to delivery.

OMG! This car is so much more than what I anticipated. In love! So worth the wait. Chin up everyone. If you’re like me and it’s your first driving experience beyond riding with an owner you have a great experience in store! First kid experience for me - “Son, no more video games! Turn off the Tesla and get ready for bed!” 😂
2D7C03B9-712D-4630-99E9-4FA9FDEA2674.jpeg
694988B7-3F38-4FB1-AFA4-BD80AA1D6FB9.jpeg

Attachments

• CCD71DA1-4768-4AA9-BD42-CA7DB4C7A873.jpeg
    CCD71DA1-4768-4AA9-BD42-CA7DB4C7A873.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • D5B2BC64-DB41-4EB8-840E-A5753B065F92.jpeg
    D5B2BC64-DB41-4EB8-840E-A5753B065F92.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 61

Same for me , october 2021 order, financing with Tesla and still getting monthly delays

• Informative
Reactions: Yankees
I just checked out DCU. I can't believe they're offering 1.49%!!! How long is the approval valid for? My credit union application expires at the end of the month so if I don't have my VIN, I'll have to reapply.
DCU offers 1.24% if you're a member doing direct deposit and financing an EV. I did have to mention the direct deposit to get the extra .5% when I was talking to the agent before they gave it to me.