Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus, I think the black wheels with the black door handles and a nice deep window tint will make the car look sexy AF.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of choosing a different color. I took my charcoal SUV to Dallas in July and I couldn't believe how many friends commented on me having a black car down there in the summer. With so many white cars in AZ you'll stand out. BTW, the hottest temperature car I ever owned was metallic silver.

Man that sucks...I'm sorry
While I have nothing better to do but speculate while waiting like everyone here, I suspect the delivery algorithm likely has something to do with maximizing cost efficiency so maybe in areas where shipping cost is greater they are extending wait times when they don’t have an ideal delivery route or a fully loaded trailer to certain areas?

This could be why the performance models with higher profit margins help offset that cost.

Certainly not an excuse for the process being janky but I’m just spitballing.

They changed my delivery to home delivery. I wanted to pick up. Do you guys think that can be changed back?

Also anybody can provide the 800 number to contact them. The SA ghost on me and no answer at the text I sent to switch payment method
Thanks
I usually call 888-518-3752. Be prepared for a long wait time depending on what time you call. I think it's ridiculous the way they operate. The lack of communication is sickening. My sister ordered an ID.4 and they kept her updated through the entire process. From start of production to it being offloaded from the boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fean07
Did your SA tell you where the car would be manufactured? I am in Oregon and my SA told me that it would be built in Fremont factory. He mentioned that the East coast cars are made in Texas plant. being in MN, I would think Fremont, but if it is the Dallas facility, maybe that would be a factor? Either way, that is really discouraging.
I was under the impression that Texas will begin production with only the model Y.

M3LR/Blue/Black/19"/FSD/DC area
OD: 02/04/2022
EDD: 03/07-03/31
EDD: 03/12-03/26
VIN: 03/10 Fremont 205

This involves a low-value trade-in and a cash payment. For anyone doing a trade-in, be sure to get all the information perfect the first time you enter it because their web interface doesn't allow for updates. Further, the SA doesn't appear to have the tools to sort things out. It seems that once a trade-in VIN is entered, that's it; it will stay however you describe it. I'm still not sure what Tesla thinks the condition of my trade-in might be. For the money involved, I doubt they care.

I'm an adherent to the theory that says that high margin vehicles are being built first. Tesla wants cash, so first and foremost look at the amount of cash you'll be ponying up. For those of you frustrated by the lack of activity, I think it's because a lot of people are piling on orders because of the state of the world right now, and every order that is higher margin than yours is going to be built before yours. That was a contributing factor to my adding FSD late - I want the car sooner rather than later (but having a more capable car is nice too)

My SA has been helpful and courteous throughout, though I get the sense that they're probably doing SA work as a side gig. Responses to text messages can take an hour or so, and if I text two messages, the SA will only respond to the second one - because they're undoubtedly just playing whack-a-mole with text messages being fired at them by 20 or 30 people. Further, I'm not seeing any initiative from them. For example, I got my VIN but received no notification. I just noticed it in my regular checks.

If SA work really is a side gig then we should all expect to get highly variable levels of service from them because it will be based on their personal work ethic, skill level, and personality.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52