Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1649800248787.png
Cousin sent me a pic of a bunch of performance models heading up 99N near Sacramento. *Jealous*

Ouch!
My guy "worked" about 45 minutes. Paid $340 for my install.
Prices may vary across the country but consider a professional over a DIY job. If there are charging issues, Tesla may blame your installation. Having a certified electrician do the work removes that excuse. A Lincoln Corsair GT had a charging issue and the first thing Ford checked was proof the charging circuit was professional installed. He wound up using the Lemon Law to get Ford to eventually take the car back. Just food for thought.

Prices may vary across the country but consider a professional over a DIY job. If there are charging issues, Tesla may blame your installation. Having a certified electrician do the work removes that excuse. A Lincoln Corsair GT had a charging issue and the first thing Ford checked was proof the charging circuit was professional installed. He wound up using the Lemon Law to get Ford to eventually take the car back. Just food for thought.
Agreed. My electrician is bonded and insured. He said most of his business lately is installing EV chargers.

Reactions: Maric
From the last couple pages following trends are visible: 2/01 to 2/20 are piling in unable to contain excitement - keep a track on whose cherry is poppin.
Sparse sad Jan ODs either getting them VINs finally or June+ EDD LOL
And then the March ODs getting primed up for their excruciating final 2 months of wait.

Not seen an April OD yet - they probably have accepted the 2023 fate and not even bothered to go online look for this forum.

Reactions: MADevarenne
I have the same situation except that the wiring had to be run entirely through walls and in finished ceilings. Fortunately the joists ran in the right direction. Unfortunately, this is the DC area where everything is absurdly expensive. I paid $1300 for a 60' run, and half of that was indeed materials. A 75' run of #6 is $530.
Sad LOL...quote for Seattle area is $2.4k for about a 70ft run, but this would be outdoors, so includes the metal piping as well (and 6 gauge copper).

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I’m probably about to piss off a lot of people here..

I was expecting to wait another 2-3 months BUT as of 1:45PM PST I just got assigned a VIN via text and got emailed to complete the rest of my tasks in app (proof of insurance, payment, etc).

Keep us posted on your delivery date. I'm using the app so I don't see signatures. When did you order and what's your configuration? Would be cool to get them same day!

Just got an update on delivery date. Pick up is 4/20 so T-8 days.

If you put your phone in landscape mode, you should be able to see my signature. Just in case you can’t:

Red M3LR w/ black interior, aero wheels, and no FSD.

Sad LOL...quote for Seattle area is $2.4k for about a 70ft run, but this would be outdoors, so includes the metal piping as well (and 6 gauge copper).
Seattle is this overpriced always raining tech paradise where insane tech money workers will pay any amount PLUS 20% tip - and hence everything comes at this crazy premium --- still cant stop loving that city

We Ordered on 26 Mar 2022....

Our "anticipated" date is July 9 thru Aug 20 if that helps.

Had we ordered the night prior they had June dates but I suppose this is all a pipe dream...LOL!

Just being patient and hopefully it will arrive in the next few months.

Details...if anyone cares....M3 LR Midnight Silver Black interior....no other additions.

Edit...sorry forgot to add that we did order after a test drive at our local Tesla location here in Colorado