Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But this uncertainty should be reflected in the delivery date. And it's not. The estimated delivery date, in fact, reflects a high degree of certainty that the car is just about ready to go.

Today is 5/17. My estimated delivery date is 5/17-5/21. Which means Tesla is giving me reason to believe there's actually a legitimate chance the car will be delivered today, and no reason to believe it will be delivered later than Saturday.

Tesla should not be communicating that range if it does not already have the part ready to install, let alone if it doesn't even know when the part will be shipped. There is just zero reason to overpromise at this point, especially given that customers will be making plans and decisions based on that date.
I think what you’re talking about is the concept of a confidence interval. Tesla was likely 95% or so confident that your delivery date would fall in that range. Which unfortunately means that there was a 2.5% chance the actual delivery date is later while there was also a 2.5% chance it might be earlier.

Reactions: Nfletcher
Alright guys, since I’ve officially graduated I probably won’t be spending much time here anymore. Thanks for the entertainment for the last two months and good luck to all of you waiting. I can’t stress enough, it is worth the wait.

For a bit of hope for you guys waiting, I drove by the dealership today and there was yet another truck delivering vehicles. There was one that pulled up yesterday as I was leaving as well. Two trucks, two days in a row is a good sign, especially for a smaller market like SLC.

PS: dropping it off tomorrow morning for paint correction, ceramic, and window tinting and I don’t want to give it up for two days. Like, I really don’t want to drive my truck for two days now lol.
Hey! That’s my car!

Reactions: phishphan
Well everyone, tomorrow is the big day. Payment made, trade accepted, insurance in place!

My delivery appointment is @ 4:00pm. MSM with 18s, no FSD. VIN 2473XX received on May 9th.

Fingers crossed I have the Matrix headlights? Anyone get one in that range without them? I'm guessing the build date is in May based on when I was assigned a VIN.
Super Congrats! The more late Feb orders pushed out, the better for me 😜

But this uncertainty should be reflected in the delivery date. And it's not. The estimated delivery date, in fact, reflects a high degree of certainty that the car is just about ready to go.

Today is 5/17. My estimated delivery date is 5/17-5/21. Which means Tesla is giving me reason to believe there's actually a legitimate chance the car will be delivered today, and no reason to believe it will be delivered later than Saturday.

Tesla should not be communicating that range if it does not already have the part ready to install, let alone if it doesn't even know when the part will be shipped. There is just zero reason to overpromise at this point, especially given that customers will be making plans and decisions based on that date.
Yeah I agree, the EDD is just giving false hope. I don't know how long I've been waiting, maybe the 3rd or 4th week after the VIN was assigned and charging port waiting game started. The 233xxx range is still waiting for it at Seattle and local SC finally told me they're only receiving 1 or 2 pieces of supply every couple days after I asked them for the 5th time. I don't know why it's so hard for Tesla for being transparent. Like checking the car build date, it literally takes 2 second in the system to find it, but Tesla only give you the build month until you beg for it.

Yeah I agree, the EDD is just giving false hope. I don't know how long I've been waiting, maybe the 3rd or 4th week after the VIN was assigned and charging port waiting game started. The 233xxx range is still waiting for it at Seattle and local SC finally told me they're only receiving 1 or 2 pieces of supply every couple days after I asked them for the 5th time. I don't know why it's so hard for Tesla for being transparent. Like checking the car build date, it literally takes 2 second in the system to find it, but Tesla only give you the build month until you beg for it.
Going on week 2 waiting for this “charge port” and my 13th one day EDD push. Can they figure this out already…it’s agonizing knowing the car you’ve been waiting 4 months for is at the delivery center but waiting on a part with 2-300 other cars. Sigh.

OD: 02/27
first EDD range 03/18 ~ 03/31
just received my 6th edd June 12 - July 10
Meh
That was your fifth post so you can put your details in your signature now if you like. Just click on your name at the top of the screen and then your settings to change the signature.

Last day of April OD for me. What’s yours?
Never assume... I've been driving my April OD model 3 for almost a week now. It was NOT a cancelation.

In fact the people I have talked to in this group and the people at my SC have all said that order from my area are usually all under 30 days from order to delivery. They said to ignore the EDD's you get that are several months out...

Location seems to be the golden ticket to fast delivery.

Just joined.
OD 3/22, EDD 6/9-7/7,
M3LR, Red, white interior, Aero, NoFSD, Kennesaw,GA delivery location. Should I wait until I get contacted with a VIN before I start my loan process?
From what I have seen I would wait until you have a 2 week EDD then apply, this will give you more time. VIN to pick up can be a fairly short time period, 2-5 days. Less stress if you knock out the paperwork early, rates are likely locked in for 45 or 60 days depending on the bank, maybe you get a lower rate since rates are constantly rising. Good luck.

From what I have seen I would wait until you have a 2 week EDD then apply, this will give you more time. VIN to pick up can be a fairly short time period, 2-5 days. Less stress if you knock out the paperwork early, rates are likely locked in for 45 or 60 days depending on the bank, maybe you get a lower rate since rates are constantly rising. Good luck.
Sound advice IMO. And if you don't have your financing in place you may not be able to accept an early offer from Tesla if someone else cancels ahead of you.

Reactions: jpaychek
Can you share which banks lock in rates for 45-60 days?