Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I think that applies to a number of surprise orders; a rail car needs to be filled, a truck needs to be filled, so they build a few extra cars for the appropriate destinations and include them when they wouldn't normally be included. When I see a base configuration vehicle being delivered at the same time as vehicles with multiple options, that's my go-to explanation.
I think you're backwards on this.
It would make more sense to hold vehicles for a certain location until you have enough to fill a car carrier or train car, then ship them.

Out of curiosity, for those who are doing third party financing, has anybody secured their check yet, while having a vin assigned, but not having a delivery date set yet? Debating if I want to secure the loan and get the check from DCU now, because if I do it before Friday, I can still get the 1.99% rate, but after Friday, the rates are going up.

Oh I should add that I'm in the Charlotte, NC area.

Hopefully the EDD will hold where it is and isn't someone refused on - seems like a shortish wait for me based on what I'm seeing others posting? Maybe its end of quarter magic in effect...
I'm picking it up in Charlotte as well and we have the same car unless you did a white interior. My EDD is 6/1-6/15 so we're likely going to see our cars at the same time. BTW, you can now add your details to your signature since this was your fifth post.

Reactions: toady911
I think you're backwards on this.
It would make more sense to hold vehicles for a certain location until you have enough to fill a car carrier or train car, then ship them.
They have enough, but they have to dip into the base configuration vehicles to fill the transport. That's all that I'm theorizing here.

I just want you to get your car so I can retain my sanity over what the heck Tesla is doing with order prioritization.

I've entered my 2 week EDD today with no VIN in sight (including source code). At the beginning, the process was exciting, and then about a month in I pretty much forgot that I ordered a Tesla. Now that the delivery appears to be as close as it is, things are getting exciting again.
I wish I could forget about it but I click on my widget about 20+ times a day. Not gonna lie. I think I'll get excited when I get a delivery date, like an actual appointment. And then physically seeing the car and the paint looks right and not go through what @ColoradoMike had to deal with and decline and go back to the waiting line. Like going to the grocery store waiting in line wrapped around the building when Covid hit and people were hoarding toilet paper and lysol. This waiting is testing me and strengthens my jealously when I see my same car on the freeway yet I'm on the outside and not inside driving that car. Thank goodness for TMC for you all are keeping me sane.
#day 87 #noVIN #2weekEDD #gameDay1

I'm picking it up in Charlotte as well and we have the same car unless you did a white interior. My EDD is 6/1-6/15 so we're likely going to see our cars at the same time. BTW, you can now add your details to your signature since this was your fifth post.
Gotcha. Black interior here! Sounds like we maybe landing on the same day. Will look into the signature part.

Yes picking up from the Buena Park location. How about you?

Kind of annoyed that Tesla SA reached out to get the trade-in started and now can't put 1000 miles in for a month to keep that offer lol
I think my pick up is in Burbank. I haven’t seen too many Feb orders in SoCal get their VINs so I wonder what’s going on. Thought we’d get a VIN any day now, definitely didn’t expect a pushback.

So I’m theorizing here but didn’t we see a huge push out west in the third month of last quarter? I haven’t been on here long enough to really see much prior to that but based on a few older posts I ran across, it seems that has been the quarterly pattern. The first month of this quarter was dead for deliveries but tons of VINs were assigned while they pumped out cars like crazy (because they sold all inventory in month 3 of 1st quarter), then month 2 is more East Coast deliveries, and month 3 is more West Coast? I know Elon said he didn’t like that delivery system but it seems like it is still the case. West coast delivery certainly was prioritized in March of this year but I wasn’t on the forum before then.

Florida folks where yall at? Are we all still waiting on cars due to the charge port ECU???
It seems like there was a 1-2 week period where they were shipping cars without the charge port ECU. Those cars are just sitting waiting on it and they have no idea when the parts will arrive, though it seems like they get a few at a time. There were maybe 20 cars at my service center waiting on charge ports a couple weeks ago, and they have been slowly getting completed and moved. Meanwhile, new cars coming in are all good to go.

Hi All, sorry if this is a dumb question.
My car is waiting on the "charge port". Are we talking about the port to charge the car?
I googled and searched on this forum looking for it and the only "charge port" that came up missing were the USB charge ports.
Just wondering what's holding up my car.

Thanks.