Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting. I heard that contacting Tesla will sometimes move things along. My EDD was June10-24 (OD March 12) and no VIN. Yesterday I contacted a SA, for the first time, asking for an update. They had nothing new to offer - same EDD. This morning I received an email asking for payment, my EDD is now June 16-19, and I have a VIN (269). Coincidence? Maybe.
Those VINs with 267, 268, 269...are those the first 3 of the last 6 digits?

My VIN is LRW3E7EB8NC572xxx, so mine is 572. I guess more cars are being produced in Shanghai than the US?

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
I GOT MY VIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
268XXX
It's about damn time! On the 100th day. Coincidence? I think not.
But it is also the end for you to keep us entertained during our wait.
Milestone_100.gif

Same location and same EDD as you, ordered one day ahead of you though. Also desperately waiting for a VIN lol. Seems like we will probably get ours at the same time.

I'm still unable to have a signature but here are my specs again:

- M3LR AWD
- MSM
- White Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: 03/18/2022
EDD #1: Jun 3 - July 15
EDD #2: June 5 - July 10
EDD #3: June 11 - June 25
Are you picking up at the Devon location? Maybe we will get our VIN this week fingers crossed!!

For those of you planning to trade in through Tesla I have some advice for you. Run your vin to see if there are any open recalls for your vehicle you plan on trading in. I set up the trade in through Tesla got my offer which was fair and sent over the payoff. Everything looked good on my account and a few hours later I got a text stating there was a open recall on my vehicle (software update). If I wanted to continue with trading in, I would’ve had to service the vehicle at the dealer and go to DMV to update the registration that the recall was fixed. I didn’t have time to do all that so ended up removing the trade in and selling to carmax which offered 2k more than Tesla. So all in all a blessing in disguise.
Thanks for the heads up. This post helped.

Ok, now that I've calmed down a bit....
Woke up this morning to no change to my EDD. About an hour later I checked again, and I noticed the button on the app had changed to "Continue". I was thinking it was odd, as there wasn't a VIN listed in the top left corner.
I clicked the button and I saw that it wanted my insurance information and payment. I woke my wife up and said "I think I got my VIN". I then noticed that my EDD had also changed to June 5-8. I still wasn't totally convinced this was happening, so I logged into my Tesla account on my computer.
And that's where I saw that beautiful VIN for the first time.
Love at first sight.
Since then I've had time to upload my insurance and submit payment info. I'm waiting to hear from an SA regarding delivery. If it's leaving Fremont today, it takes 2 days to arrive, so the EDD sounds about right. Of course, I want it NOW, but I can wait a few more days.
Thanks for all of your support these past 100 days.
I'm sticking around to keep the hope alive for all of the others that are furiously checking their apps for a VIN (even though they ordered last week!).