Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Serious question though, can you pay with cold, hard cash?
No. I even asked before ordering with an SA at the dealer the options for paying.
  • Credit cards aren't accepted. Only debit. Unless of course you want to use it for the $250 order fee.
  • If you're paying cash, it has to be with a check. They don't accept paper cash. I'm sure the financial guy at the dealer doesn't want to go through the burden of counting your cash to see if you're not scamming them (i.e. taking the car and paying for example $58,939 instead of $58,940).
More options in paying for cash is listed here, but I'll put up a screenshot of the specific section that lists the accepted payment options.

1654278175639.png

I was going to release my VIN (261xxx) because it has old lights, but after seeing gas now starting to creep up over $6, yeah, screw it, I'll just take delivery. 😄
Guys, I just received a call from my local service center about delivery and on the call, I asked them to confirm which headlights it has. He told me it has the new global, matrix headlights.

My SA that I texted the other day said me I had "premium headlights" but probably got confused that "premium" meant the old ones on the build sheet. She did ask me to confirm with my service center so she probably wasn't sure how to check.

Great news!!!!!

A quick heads up for those who have/are ordering/ are awaiting the Tesla Wall Connector, be sure to visit the forums in Tesla Motors Club that cover those topics. The “commissioning” that should have taken a few minutes ended up over an hour for me before I visited the forum. There I learned that the software can be “wonky” and may need your device to be almost touching the charger to connect with its internal Wi-Fi. Also, iPhones are particularly difficult to connect with the device. Once I grabbed a laptop, it was a snap.

And personal regards to the members of this and related forums for their great advice to newbies like me! You make it much easier for those of us who are “Living on Tesla Time” (apologies once again to Don Williams).

A quick heads up for those who have/are ordering/ are awaiting the Tesla Wall Connector, be sure to visit the forums in Tesla Motors Club that cover those topics. The “commissioning” that should have taken a few minutes ended up over an hour for me before I visited the forum. There I learned that the software can be “wonky” and may need your device to be almost touching the charger to connect with its internal Wi-Fi. Also, iPhones are particularly difficult to connect with the device. Once I grabbed a laptop, it was a snap.

And personal regards to the members of this and related forums for their great advice to newbies like me! You make it much easier for those of us who are “Living on Tesla Time” (apologies once again to Don Williams).
Yeah I had to flip the breaker a few times.

Hope this won’t hurt production. Also I’m hoping current employees that run risk of lay off can recover quickly. This is terrible news for everyone
Elon has stated that the reduction doesn't apply to "anyone actually building cars, battery packs or installing solar". Also, that "hourly headcount will increase". It sounds like Tesla may be getting rid of some administrative folks while trying to scale up production. Realize that Tesla hired 30,000 people in 2021.
Just got my vin 271… how long do I have to wait for text for delivery schedule? Edd 6/13-6/19
I left out the scatter plot for VIN to Delivery time. It looks like the average is about 10 days, but can easily reach 20. That's not the time of text for delivery, of course, but it might help set some expectations. The VIN to Delivery time seems to be fairly stable from late 2019 onward.

VIN to Delivery.png

Time to let this fine group know that there's another (hopefully) soon to be M3 owner from Washington State. Will fill in the spreadsheet next.

M3LR | MSM | Black | Aero | No FSD | Cash | San Juan County, WA | Pickup: Lynnwood
OD: 03/14/2022
EDD1: 6/7-7/12, EDD2: 6/5-7/3, EDD3: 6/9-6/23, No VIN yet
Same OD and almost identical EDD progression as me lol

Reactions: Guy Maughan

Concur. I could connect to the wifi but I kept getting stuck with the spinning wheel on the wall charger status page. I'd have to reload over and over on my iPhone to get it to finally pop up with the normal screen to select all of the options (both Safari and Chrome, didn't matter). And even when I did get it to load, getting back to the home screen to verify my changes had taken was equally difficult. Switched to my laptop and all was well.

And also as someone with a history degree and not much knowledge of electrical wiring, installing the wall charger myself was surprisingly easy. Yes I know you should probably have an electrician install it, and I would say to anyone that my party line is to not install it yourself. About 6 months ago I had my electrician run a wire and install a NEMA 15-50 plug since at the time I was planning on getting an ID.4. I switched to the Tesla back in March and went about putting in the wall charger. Only issue was that my electrician ran an 8 gauge wire instead of a 6, so I'm limited to 40 amps max in the wire, meaning 32 amp charging, which is really not that big of a deal. Installing the 40 amp circuit breaker on my sub pannel and wiring the 8/2 wire to it was super simple, as was installing a 50 amp 14-50 cord to my wall charger (good reddit thread on it here).

Does anyone here live in Ohio? I ordered my Model 3 from the Columbus store but the Sales Associate was not very....let's say good with math.. lol she told me with taxes and fees my Model 3 would come out to be "around $75,000".... when in reality it came out to $64,013.00. I live closer to Cincinnati Ohio and my Tesla App says my car should come to that location in Blue Ash Ohio... my question is have you had a better experience at Cincinnati or Columbus?