Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree with this and they should offer to get you a new car if that was the case. When I went to take delivery of my last new car some lady backed into the car in their parking lot and tried to take off. I never saw how much damage she caused, but they got me another car transferred from another dealer the next day and did right by me.
There's a bunch of stories of people getting new cars and then finding out the car when they go to sell it that it was damaged during transport

Looks like you, myself and @SailDrive of the SEA crew are seeing EDD push up to/crossing the end of the month. Curious about @Guy Maughan / @Pryze / @QueenSundodger ? I think I've followed all the folks with similar ODs.
Well, scratch that. Just got off the phone with the SoDo SC (Seattle proper) and they informed me that VIN and MVPA are updated and scheduled home delivery for Wednesday 6/15.

VIN# 240XXX, Build Date 4/26/2022???
SA "This is not a demo car, it is a custom order. You will have the most up-to-date headlights" I really hate to bring this up again, but I tend to doubt this is really new. 4/26 is in the build date/VIN range for having reflectors, which I'm fine with, just concerned there is something else wrong that it's been kicking around for about a month.

Congrats! People want the first three of the last 6 of the VIN. Not the last three. Mine was 268XX
Well, scratch that. Just got off the phone with the SoDo SC (Seattle proper) and they informed me that VIN and MVPA are updated and scheduled home delivery for Wednesday 6/15.

SA "This is not a demo car, it is a custom order. You will have the most up-to-date headlights" I really hate to bring this up again, but I tend to doubt this is really new. 4/26 is in the build date/VIN range for having reflectors, which I'm fine with, just concerned there is something else wrong that it's been kicking around for about a month.
What was your
Order date? Mine 3/17 and just pushed from July 1 end of EDD range to July 17. Which is bogus IMHO. Seeing this behavior, changes in headlights, eliminating accessory charging cord…really bad behavior.

EDD moved forward from 06/20-06/24 to 06/13-06/19. I worked fast when I get my VIN but didn’t expect the jump. Once you get that VIN reminder to work fast on payment/insurance etc.

Still no delivery text yet!
I responded to tell them everything was uploaded and told then to let me know when I can schedule delivery. He responded and asked if I was free 6/15. He scheduled it and I didn’t have to do anything on the app, it then updated.

Another delivery update after another delivery update. The lack of communication is very frustrating. SA replies to all questions are very generic and annoying. I stopped asking questions altogether. Just need them to deliver my freaking car.

Got a text message on May 31 that the car had departed Freemont for Atlanta. It's been 11 days! I have a feeling it was shipped via USPS. Does anyone have an idea how long this typically takes?

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022
EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15
Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15
2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28
3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22
4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23
5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
6th EDD change on 5/13: June 1 - June 15
7th EDD change on 5/22: June 7 - June 11 ... VIN 260XXX issued.
8th EDD change on 5/27: June 10 - June 16

9th EDD change on 6/11: June 16 - June 22
I got a text on the 31st too saying it left the factory. My SA said the car is scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on the 14th and they let me schedule pick up between the 16th through 18th so your last update probably is mostly
accurate at this point considering savannah is only a few hours from atlanta

Reactions: Nfletcher and ZZ118

Possibly a charge port ECU car that was previously rejected due to the long wait and now finally got fixed. Definitely give it an extra thorough check over though.

Just got my VIN - 268xxx for an M3LR MSM black interior with 18" aeros no FSD. Order was placed on 3/12 with an original EDD of May 25 - June 22 which changed once to June 11 - June 25. As soon as VIN was sent, EDD changed to June 16 - June 20. I am in central NC. Will update as we progress and HOPEFULLY end up with a functioning car with charge port ECU/matrix headlights and no hiccups on 6/16!
Delivery appt set - 6/18 at 12 noon. First available appt was on 6/16 but someone else must have snagged it as I was clicking the button. Anyone else in NC getting their cars this week?

Did you upload a policy specific to the new vehicle? I called my insurance company on Friday and they were like "just wait until you know when you're buying the car and give us a call." So my plan was to wait until delivery was scheduled to add the Tesla to my policy. I've heard others have just uploaded their current insurance, but the app very specifically wants a policy with my Tesla's VIN. Getting impatient over here and just want to upload anything to check off that box. 😄
You can upload a current policy that does not mention the Tesla but once you get the ‘Select Pickup appointment’ text, the card needs to show the Tesla with at least 60 days of coverage left on the policy. I use Geico and they provided a card showing my Tesla with an effective date of June 7 but I won’t pay on the policy until I receive the car. This way Tesla is happy and I’m not out money insuring a car I don’t have. I will make sure my policy is in effect the day I pick up my M3.

This is not true… dealerships from all across the globe fix minor issues with body shops on brand new cars. Damage in transport is common. The car will still be considered new and will not show up on carfax.

Now if it’s something serious that involved insurance or another motorist…that’s a different story. They’d have to disclose any “incident or accident” before taking delivery.
I agree with this. Until you sign for the car, it belongs to Tesla and shipping damages are not reported to any accident tracking entities. Once titled, any accidents will be reported (or are suppose to 😝.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Pickup today in Carlsbad, CA. OD 03/04. I didn't inspect super carefully but everything looked good except it should have been washed. VIN 273xxx, matrix headlights and Michelin tires.

My current problem is that I subscribed to premium connectivity, and it shows up in app correctly, but car doesn't believe it. I've seen similar threads from this site from 2020, but nothing recently. Any ideas? Tried two button reboot already.

Sound system is so good I can hear the distortion in regular radio. I'm a classical listener and audiophile so it bugs me.

Also navigation sends to bad routes compared to Waze/Google/Apple---wonder if these two problems are related.

HUGE news! I went to Tesla Cincinnati today and they said my car would be here on the 16th and take Delivery by the 17th of June! That's THIS FRIDAY!! I ordered my car May 14th. I'm going on vacation starting on the 18 so this would be perfect! The crazy thing is if i didn't go to the store today how else would i know it's coming so soon?!? My app updated with my delivery date and time soon after the Sales associate scheduled me for delivery. While I was there I saw a Model S Plaid and Model X Plaid for the first time.

When i first drove up to the store i could barely find a spot to park! There were so many Teslas ready for delivery that they were parking the Teslas in the driveway into the store lol.

HUGE news! I went to Tesla Cincinnati today and they said my car would be here on the 16th and take Delivery by the 17th of June! That's THIS FRIDAY!! I ordered my car May 14th. I'm going on vacation starting on the 18 so this would be perfect! The crazy thing is if i didn't go to the store today how else would i know it's coming so soon?!? My app updated with my delivery date and time soon after the Sales associate scheduled me for delivery. While I was there I saw a Model S Plaid and Model X Plaid for the first time.

When i first drove up to the store i could barely find a spot to park! There were so many Teslas ready for delivery that they were parking the Teslas in the driveway into the store lol.
WHAT!?! You ordered your car on May 14th and it's being delivered June 17th?? Did you bribe someone or something? That is super fast. Congratulations!

Last edited:
So I picked up my car today. She is absolutely perfect! Matrix light, Michelin tires, double pane… I couldn’t be more pleased with the car. I picked her up about noon, and I drove for several hours just to enjoy. I got MSM and it is really a stunning color. There seem to be flecks of blue and maybe a lighter silver in there too. I am way more impressed with the color than I thought I would be. Seats are super comfortable.
95 days from OD to delivery.
No change in EDD for the first 11 weeks.
The last 2 1/2 weeks flew by with changes weekly… 4 week window, 2 week window, then a three day window.
VIN 251.
Named her Weber.
THE WAIT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE!