Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m new to the LR waiting room, I’ve been a RWD (SR+) order for a while. In fact, I ordered August 16th 2021 which means I’m well over the 300+ waiting mark. I recently upgraded to the LR in hopes of grabbing the car sooner. We shall see.
Likely you will have a VIN very soon as tesla considers your OD to be August 2021. If you would have done it last month very likely you would have had the car now. As it is July is a slow month usually but I would be surprised if you don't have the car withing the next 2-3 weeks

You also have the same car as my order so you'll probably be taking mine ;)

Likely you will have a VIN very soon as tesla considers your OD to be August 2021. If you would have done it last month very likely you would have had the car now. As it is July is a slow month usually but I would be surprised if you don't have the car withing the next 2-3 weeks

You also have the same car as my order so you'll probably be taking mine ;)
That’s exactly what happened on mine. Changed from an SR+ order to an LR and my EDD jumped very soon and had a VIN assigned next day.

So I’m new to the LR waiting room, I’ve been a RWD (SR+) order for a while. In fact, I ordered August 16th 2021 which means I’m well over the 300+ waiting mark. I recently upgraded to the LR in hopes of grabbing the car sooner. We shall see.

Yes, you should be getting your car very soon, especially because you're on the east coast. When I ordered my Tesla way back when I was advised that East Coast Teslas tend to be made towards the beginning of the quarter with the ones in California, especially the SF Bay Area (near Fremont Factory) towards the very end of the quarter. This will likely change with Giga Austin, but it sounds like they're just making Model Ys and Cybertruck, so likely that trend still holds true.

My original order was also for an SR+ (originally ordered Q2 2021 - then missed my first vin assignment due to being out of town). The EDD for the reassignment kept getting pushed back. I switched to an LR 2nd to the last week of June (after having little to no communication from Tesla for 6 plus months), and I was assigned a VIN for an LR within an hour of the change. This was likely due to the end-of-quarter push.

That is wild, that is such a long wait for a car. You should be in a better boat it seems most LR orders are around 90-120 days to delivery after ordering. I know a lot of east coast are sitting around 90-100 right now without VINs. Out of curiosity do you have an estimated delivery date yet?
My most recent EDD with my RWD order was July 23 - August 20th. I switched Friday night to LR and my EDD hasn’t moved at all yet. I’m sure the system will update soon with a new EDD to reflect the upgrade, I just hope it’s close.

Everyone switching over welcome. You will get your car soon however tesla slows down at the start of a quarter for a few weeks. Even the P's are not seeing movement. If you are an old SR order you will likely have a car or at least VIN by the end of this month / early August..

I just ordered my Model 3 LR and the delivery estimate is Nov 3 - Jan 2, 2023

Hello everyone this is my first post.

I'm wondering how accurate the delivery estimate is?

What have others been experiencing?

Thanks
Generally speaking that first estimate with an actual date range is going to be the most accurate for the delivery of the car. Your range seems fairly consistent with what I'd expect for an order placed right now.

I just ordered my Model 3 LR and the delivery estimate is Nov 3 - Jan 2, 2023

Hello everyone this is my first post.

I'm wondering how accurate the delivery estimate is?

What have others been experiencing?

Thanks
Also depends where are you located? East or west coast or middle. At the pace tesla is on right now they will likely fill the remainder of March, April and likely start May this quarter. Q4 starts October. They will usually fill east coast in November and west coast in December based on their historical trends.