Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C’mon guys - any deliveries yet?

I have had my car for about a week or so now, and it gets better and better to drive. I just hate looking at the the scuff marks that the technician got on my hood, and some minor panel gaps, but hopefully the service appointment will get all that rectified.

They clearly want to deliver all the existing LR reservations by the end of 2022. What happens after that isn’t clear at all.

They could cut the price to $55k to qualify for tax incentives. More likely, they could do that but limit functionality at that price until your after-purchase upgrade (to a net cost around $58k, give or take). If they modify the LR to qualify by reducing MSRP, they might also want so modify the entry-level cars to stop using Chinese battery packs for the same reason. Or they could simply hang tight and let everyone who wants longer range pony up for a Performance model.

Heck if I know, but I have until my scheduled delivery date on Friday to decide it I’m willing to wait…

(Ordered in May, rejected delivery and went on hold in September while on vacation, released the hold Sept 21)

Last edited:
I heard this too and mentioned it to Tesla's customer support. They said it wasn't true, but I couldn't find where I saw it to send it to them for confirmation. The dead silence for an unknown amount of time is miserable. I dunno how you guys are able to handle it haha.
It's on a "Learn More" link at the bottom of each vehicle in the vehicle list (but not on the full page that describes a given vehicle). The resulting popup reads:

Vehicle Availability

This vehicle is part of a limited supply expected to be built and available for delivery this November or December. By placing this order, you are agreeing to take delivery before the end of 2022 calendar year. If Tesla is not able to build a vehicle for your order in 2022, you may be eligible for a refund.

And having just looked at my local inventory I see that there are probably 20 or so vehicles marked "Demo Vehicle" for sale. They tend to have under 1,000 miles on them, but several in my area are as high as 2,000 (the Performance trims).
They clearly want to deliver all the existing LR reservations by the end of 2022. What happens after that isn’t clear at all.
Right. They're just building Long Range vehicles until the end of the year for the limited group of people who really want one, but they're going to reformulate the Long Range so that it qualifies for the tax credit. People should absolutely pile onto that because it'll probably be below $50,000 after the tax credit. The only question is what car Tesla will sell at that price point. Will it be a Rear Wheel Drive Long Range?

Reactions: ZZ118
It's on a "Learn More" link at the bottom of each vehicle in the vehicle list (but not on the full page that describes a given vehicle). The resulting popup reads:

Vehicle Availability

This vehicle is part of a limited supply expected to be built and available for delivery this November or December. By placing this order, you are agreeing to take delivery before the end of 2022 calendar year. If Tesla is not able to build a vehicle for your order in 2022, you may be eligible for a refund.

And having just looked at my local inventory I see that there are probably 20 or so vehicles marked "Demo Vehicle" for sale. They tend to have under 1,000 miles on them, but several in my area are as high as 2,000 (the Performance trims).

Right. They're just building Long Range vehicles until the end of the year for the limited group of people who really want one, but they're going to reformulate the Long Range so that it qualifies for the tax credit. People should absolutely pile onto that because it'll probably be below $50,000 after the tax credit. The only question is what car Tesla will sell at that price point. Will it be a Rear Wheel Drive Long Range?
Very curious to see where they go with this.
I think, like others have said, it will still be a LR3 but many features will be locked behind an additional paywall and/or some of the "premium" interior like the sound system and no mats will be similar to the RWD.

I have to be honest, I was expecting to get notified at the end of December that the car hadn’t been built and my order was canceled. That’s why I didn’t cancel my reservation for an ID.4. That plus Tesla’s lack of transparency in giving meaningful updates or providing helpful information meant I was a bit shocked to get the text that my M3 had left the factory. But it appears they are actually building the cars, so I suspect most people will have theirs by the end of the year.

I’m hoping to get the text to schedule my delivery sometime tomorrow. Fingers crossed…

I was one of the June orders that was on hold until September and for the last few weeks I had a vague Dec delivery,
Then just now updated EDD to Nov 29- Dec 27 - getting excited!
I don‘t qualify for the tax credit so want delivery now. Who knows what Tesla will do to get the AWD under 55K.
I had FSD beta on my previous M3 AWD 2019 and it was fun to play with but not worth buying for me, I actually like driving the car. I did find summon useful in tight parking situations.
I am in Utah so probably part of the end of quarter shorter shipping distance waves.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB47394
I have to be honest, I was expecting to get notified at the end of December that the car hadn’t been built and my order was canceled. That’s why I didn’t cancel my reservation for an ID.4. That plus Tesla’s lack of transparency in giving meaningful updates or providing helpful information meant I was a bit shocked to get the text that my M3 had left the factory. But it appears they are actually building the cars, so I suspect most people will have theirs by the end of the year.

I’m hoping to get the text to schedule my delivery sometime tomorrow. Fingers crossed…
I agree. I appreciate the way they are trying to make the process easy, but the lack of details while the car is being produced is crazy. If you call them, and speak to different people, you get different answers as to the status of the car. Some say it's in production, some say it isn't yet. They need to implement an assembly line tracker so we can see what stage it's in or something lol.