Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Motors on the Tesla Parts Catalog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite a few new datapoints in this other thread:

July P3D Stealth Thread

Looks like the pattern is highly likely confirmed for now. More AWD (1/19 and later) datapoints would be great. SR+ would be interesting now as well - though they looked like 980 motors as of April 2019. Whether they still are? No idea...

Again, more pictures always welcome here. In general filling in what happened with AWD 1/19 to 4/19 is useful info, and in addition pictures from new vehicles 7/19 and later are always helpful.

My theory with the P3D+ price changes / P3D- options is that they're able to increase the bottleneck in the motor quality/production numbers that they're simply using some of those motors in the AWD variants if binning is a real thing.

New report from France. AWD delivered on February but I guess produced in 01/19.

990 Rev B

D8BFAF51-812A-4E4C-AEE1-4913E19A463E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Again, more pictures always welcome here. In general filling in what happened with AWD 1/19 to 4/19 is useful info, and in addition pictures from new vehicles 7/19 and later are always helpful.

LR AWD w/ FSD (HW 2.5), early April 2019 build.

9A25363C-0F75-4C52-99B6-8A79CA58AC1A.jpeg

edit: Also added the inverter housing; P1085693-00-F. It's also a -F revision.

IMG_2945.jpg

Last edited:
LR AWD,View attachment 436085 can't find the production date but I am assuming 1/19 since any later would have made it difficult to make it to Denmark for delivery 7th of March.

Thanks! Unlike in the US, apparently the build date is not on the driver B-pillar. No idea where it is indicated in Europe - or maybe is not required.

Still no word from a US early 2019 AWD non-P owner. Beginning to think they don’t exist. (Every vehicle went on a boat???)

Not sure if this helps but looked at mine and motor is blank and inverter is a 693-30-E. AWD Car manufactured in 10/18

Looks like you have a blank plate (expected for this time), and it is probably a 980 motor.

Thanks. We really just need info from AWD Non-P built 1/2019 to 3/2019, and in addition information from brand new cars (of any type) is always welcome, from time to time, just to keep track of whether anything is changing.

Reactions: 0mpg
Thanks! Unlike in the US, apparently the build date is not on the driver B-pillar. No idea where it is indicated in Europe - or maybe is not required.

Still no word from a US early 2019 AWD non-P owner. Beginning to think they don’t exist. (Every vehicle went on a boat???)
Do European cars get the window sticker/paper? Mine also showed the build date at the top of that paper.

According to this page Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) | Twitter it looks like they were building a lot for Europe in Jan/Feb, but there still should have been quite a few over here too.

Do European cars get the window sticker/paper? Mine also showed the build date at the top of that paper.

According to this page Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) | Twitter it looks like they were building a lot for Europe in Jan/Feb, but there still should have been quite a few over here too.

A little hard to tell from the VINs since potentially they are issued months in advance of actual production (the exact lag is variable). I agree though; I find it likely there must have been some AWDs going to the US. That being said, there is no evidence of it so far!

The first major wave of European cars were nearly all made in Jan - Feb. Tesla focued entirely on the US before year end 2018 due to the tax benefit being reduced. Then they pushed as mush as they could to Europe. Seems the US to Europe was also the start of the shift from the 980s to 990s.
I'm following the larger of the Scandinavian forums and I've also never seen mentioned of a 3P with a 990. It puzzles me what the difference is between the 980 and the 990. The MOSFET is obviously different but I don't get why such a relatively small thing (seems like a small thing to me anyway) would be AWD specific. If the the 990 was less efficient than the 980 then it also doesn't make sense to produce it since the production and component cost must be virtually the same. The 980 should be used and they could just keep it capped.
Makes me speculate if they are using the AWD's as a test platform for the 990 before putting it in the P version or perhaps this whole thing is preparing for the Model Y.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Makes me speculate if they are using the AWD's as a test platform for the 990 before putting it in the P version or perhaps this whole thing is preparing for the Model Y.

Could be. Time will tell. Good info on no Scandinavian P’s showing up with 990, just like the US.

We will see as new owners continue to report over the coming months. Every once in a while, someone bumps this thread with part catalog info, etc.

Presumably there are some recent build AWDs (non-P) out with 1120980, since that seems to be the default state before being sold as a P3D Stealth. (And they were apparently all built that way in the US before 5/19 - though I guess we don't have any samples for the first 4 months of 2019, so who knows what was happening then. I would guess maybe the US market also got AWD 1120990s, since Europe AWDs were getting that motor in early 2019...guess I need to poke around in this thread, but I don't see any 1/19-4/29 US AWD reports in @Jedi2155's table.)

My US AWD was built Jan 4th 2019, took delivery end of March, and it's a 980 (1120980-00-D). Hoping for the upgrade availability now :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life