Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing I just sorta noticed.....thicker sidewalls on the tires of the black and blue PC's, as compared to the low-profiles on the Alpha/Reveal cars....

I'm wondering if the wheel/tire combos we saw on the A/R's were the performance combo, and the new PC setups are the "base" package....?

So I think the Model 3 PC has become less angular and more rounded as evidenced by this nose comparison. Notice the angular crease line just below the front headlights on the lower pics and the one on the right. The PC pic in the upper left no longer has this angular crease line. Man, I really hope some aftermarket folks bring back the old alpha front end. Looks so much nicer / more premium.
View attachment 221509

View attachment 221509
I disagree. I like the new PC nose much better. Great job Tesla.

It might be just me, but I don't think they made any body changes between the alpha and release candidate.
I have this vision of the folks at Tesla laughing at the internet for seeing changes that aren't there.

In all honesty its really hard to tell where some of the body creases are on the black car because of the way the light reflects off of it.

The one thing that is definitely different is the internal design of the headlight. What's going on there?
I'm not sure I see any sign of a LED daytime running light like the one that was on the Alpha cars. Hopefully these are functional because they look kind of ehh..

Boy...that Model 3 looks much narrower than the BMW.

upload_2017-4-6_12-33-0.png

Reactions: Matias
My evaluation of the screen UI. Looks mostly ok to me, but there are a few curious things. Speed not being tucked up high is interesting. Also seems like the app control buttons for the nav will be a pretty far reach. And where will the icons be to switch apps?
View attachment 221514
A couple of things.

First, the speed indicator supposedly comes and goes "as needed," depending on the screen. In this case, they seem to have some kind of circular speedometer/energy meter loaded, but they're stopped.

The items you have listed as "secondary app controls" are the map controls. From the top to bottom, heading (compass north or vehicle heading), zoom in, zoom out, show satellite, show entire route, charging locations. The map is not visible on this vehicle, obviously.

Other app controls are going to be auto-hidden like with the S and X, I'm guessing. And if I were to guess, they'll come from the left.

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
My evaluation of the screen UI. Looks mostly ok to me, but there are a few curious things. Speed not being tucked up high is interesting. Also seems like the app control buttons for the nav will be a pretty far reach. And where will the icons be to switch apps?
View attachment 221514

If you look a the other interior shot, where the left-hand section isn't obscured by that black object, it kinda looks like that section depicts an overhead diagram of the car surrounded by a faint circle. That could either be autopilot sensor feedback (if in motion), or door/trunk status (if stationary). Given that Elon has said that the speedometer's opacity (which, presumably, could be 0, a.k.a. invisible) would vary according to context, my guess is that the car has decided that speed is not currently relevant (e.g. if the car is stopped), which is why it does not appear to be visible. (If the car were stopped, I would expect that it would tell me whether the car is in P / R / D / N, though...)

EDIT: ModelNforNerd and ohmman beat me to it.

I'm curious about the red lighting on the center console, down at lap level, on the passenger side.

Is it just lighting, or are there buttons we can't make out?
They are quite curious. I get the feeling they're reflections of the device plugged in below the screen, shown in your second photo here:

m3int2-jpg.221502

That device is likely related to release candidate testing, as it looks industrial and not part of the vehicle.

edit: or, more likely, what @jelloslug said above. :)

They are quite curious. I get the feeling they're reflections of the device plugged in below the screen, shown in your second photo here:

m3int2-jpg.221502

That device is likely related to release candidate testing, as it looks industrial and not part of the vehicle.
It's an emergency stop button. You see them often in test vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.