Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that? *puts on tinfoil hat*

Gb7C0P4.png

Original pic for reference:
unnamed-4-jpg.222064

• Funny
Reactions: MikeBur
Its probably the sensor for the facial recognition software.
No No..... come on guys. Its a snooze alert system. The guy in the front seat is merely testing it.

It was probably on 2 seconds from activating shock therapy to wake the guy up...or maybe....that's what Full Autonomy does to a person sitting in the drivers seat. SOMEONE. Wake that guy up!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: MissAutobahn

Yes the front fascia has been changed (do not look at the reflections in the paint, look at the crease line under the headlight relative to the top of the "duckbill')

I found a picture in my files that appear to show the general difference in the original design (top picture) and the revised design. The change is subtle but significant. Some will like the change, some won't.

Model3nosejob.jpg

Reactions: FlatSix911
ok this is interesting. there is already a lot of speculation what the C pillar has whether it be AP camera or maybe facial recognition. right now the C pillar has whatever that is covered up under "TOP SECRET" tape, sorry the pic is so grainy

View attachment 222113

dumb theory of my own just now:

perhaps it's some sort of reader/sensor for the Tesla Network....?

when you share out your Tesla, other Tesla owners would be using an app to rent out your car. maybe the secret C-pillar sensors are something to read a QR code or an NFC sensor to confirm the correct person is entering the car?

When the concept came out, people did say the front looked like a Porsche (mainly the headlights). The main difference is the sharp crease in the front. However, the crease is less visible in current photos (might be lighting, might be smoothed out in final version), so it looks even more like a Porsche.

However, the overall shape is mostly Model S.
2017-Tesla-Model-3-side-profile.jpg

tesla-model-3-spy-photos-1-750x422.jpg

The older Panamera had an ugly hump (for rear headroom) and rear end (bulbous):
2015-porsche-panamera-sedan-side-view.png

The recent one is a lot better but changing the roof slope (they actually dropped the roof line by 0.8 inch, dropping the seats lower to keep headroom the same, and made the car 1.3 inches longer for better proportions):
porsche-panamera-turbo-exterior-side-view.jpg

2017 Porsche Panamera - First Drive Review
The Panamera is hideous tbh. The thing looks like a freakin' hearse.

Reactions: alseTrick
Yes the front fascia has been changed (do not look at the reflections in the paint, look at the crease line under the headlight relative to the top of the "duckbill')

I found a picture in my files that appear to show the general difference in the original design (top picture) and the revised design. The change is subtle but significant. Some will like the change, some won't.

View attachment 222114

I still don't see any changes. I think that's just due to the angle of the shot. Every picture of the nose looks different to me depending on the angle.

For example, look at the "new" blue vs the prototype body that was shown at the reveal and at the gigafactory. I don't see a single crease or line that's different on the two, other than the slope looking different thanks to the angle of the shot. There are pics of the red one that look even softer than the blue

RsfVpQS.jpg

Compare to this picture where the front end looks longer

vUIMoSj.jpg

or this one where the lines all look more round

ZKVO4Fo.jpg

Just like the trunk opening hasn't changed at all, I think the front hasn't either.

I'm still thinking these cars we're seeing are old prototypes out for testing purposes. Either that or after the reveal, they just said "We don't need to change anything, send the design time on vacation for a few months until 'pencils down' in July."

Looks like it's changed somewhat:

View attachment 221843
As if the tacked-on iPad wasn't bad enough, Elon must have thought the nicely blended stalk to the back of the screen was too "premium".

I can see the next email now:

Still undecided on Model 3 vs Model S? Well, if Model S had a screen like Model 3, it would be more elegantly attached. Model S is better than Model 3 at everything, even the things it doesn't even do!

I still don't see any changes. I think that's just due to the angle of the shot. Every picture of the nose looks different to me depending on the angle.

For example, look at the "new" blue vs the prototype body that was shown at the reveal and at the gigafactory. I don't see a single crease or line that's different on the two, other than the slope looking different thanks to the angle of the shot. There are pics of the red one that look even softer than the blue

RsfVpQS.jpg

Compare to this picture where the front end looks longer

vUIMoSj.jpg

or this one where the lines all look more round

ZKVO4Fo.jpg

Just like the trunk opening hasn't changed at all, I think the front hasn't either.

I'm still thinking these cars we're seeing are old prototypes out for testing purposes. Either that or after the reveal, they just said "We don't need to change anything, send the design time on vacation for a few months until 'pencils down' in July."
In the red car, if you follow the nose crease down to the turn signal light, the crease goes right to the tip of the light. If you look at the blue car, the same crease is slight softer and now it ends up further in from the tip of the light.

The leading edge of the nose in the blue car is lowered and softer compared to the red car. The lower nose edge makes the "duck bill" not as tall and pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.