Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if somebody will sell aftermarket metal strips that we can attach under the T-emblem where it looks like it's missing.

upload_2017-4-10_14-8-42.png

Look where the nose crease falls off on the sides. The alpha line ran down and directly along the front of the parking light. It no longer does this. The angle has been softened and it now angles back more and intersects the parking light a few inches back. There may have been more than one nose on the alphas, but in the renderings on the website, the nose is ever so slightly different.

In the red car, if you follow the nose crease down to the turn signal light, the crease goes right to the tip of the light. If you look at the blue car, the same crease is slight softer and now it ends up further in from the tip of the light.

The leading edge of the nose in the blue car is lowered and softer compared to the red car. The lower nose edge makes the "duck bill" not as tall and pronounced.
I still think it's the angle of the shot. This shot of the silver one is closer to the same angle, and the nose looks lower than in most of the silver shots.
tesla-model-3-driving-on-a-public-road_100551861_m.jpg

Reactions: Railhawk52
I still think it's the angle of the shot. This shot of the silver one is closer to the same angle, and the nose looks lower than in most of the silver shots.
Possibly, by to my uncalibrated eyeballs, the nose on the blue car is lower at the leading edge. The vertical height from the lower opening to the crease in the silver looks taller compared to the blue.

Reactions: melindav
I agree, I think its the same. You need to be really careful with reflections on the dark cars, as they can easily make the apparent body lines move.

(Don't go by the pics on the website, as those are computer renderings and could very well be different. Take a look at photos from the reveal event. the red car appears to have a softer nose than the others in some views, I think its because of the color and the way light reflects)

I agree, I think its the same. You need to be really careful with reflections on the dark cars, as they can easily make the apparent body lines move.

(Don't go by the pics on the website, as those are computer renderings and could very well be different. Take a look at photos from the reveal event. the red car appears to have a softer nose than the others in some views, I think its because of the color and the way light reflects)

I wouldn't take a whole lot away from the red one anyway, other than maybe the color.

It was a wood, clay, and plastic rolling 3D model. Body lines on something made of clay and wood underneath probably can be tossed from this exercise.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The Model 3 still looks far better than the redesigned Panamera ... at about 1/4 the price :cool:

Are people still thinking they're going to get a model 3 for $35,000? I'm thinking a well equipped one with the options a panamera owner would want (nav, sunshine roof, high quality leather, good seats) as well as dual motor and a large battery will be pushing $70,000 USD. The Porsche panamera starts at about $85,000. If your government wants to help (as ours does with a $14,000 CDN subsidy) that's fine...but the idea of a passable model 3 for $35,000 seems like a pipe dream. It probably reflects Tesla taking credit for subsidies and 'gasoline savings' which is weird marketing to say the least. Don't see diesel car manufacturers doing that on their configurator.

I would say it's more realistic to think that a well equipped Model 3 with a smaller battery and RWD will be about 75% of the price of a well equipped base engine panamera. A similarly equipped base engine panamera which is still a very competent performer...these are Porsches after all. You can of course ratchet up performance meaningfully with the Turbo or Turbo S (or S e-hybrid) in the panamera's case and you can do the same with battery options on a model 3.

Panamera is a far bigger car and is obviously more of a Model S competitor. When you start to get silly with options on a Model S P100D the pricing reflects the Panamera Turbo S. Performance is similar. The Panamera Turbo S is a bit slower off the line (still low 3 seconds to 60 mph) but up top they're the same both trapping in the 120s in the quartermile. In a run from 40-50 mph up, they'll be door handle to door handle.

• Disagree
Reactions: Topher
A small LCD screen (relative to desktop ones at least) with no way to plug in to any other car or electronic device? Doubtful. Absolutely no way to flip this for $$.
I'd really like to discuss these interior pictures. Something no one has mentioned is that it already looks like Volvo-guy was able to address a Tesla shortcoming: The mixture of materials looks better than any Tesla to day or the M3 prototype. The way the black leather/plastic and faux wood come together with the metal strips looks exactly like the kind of work he did at Volvo for the XC90 and S90, but applied to Tesla tech. Can they get him started on the S and X please?

Status
Not open for further replies.