Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparison GIF

giphy.gif
All I see is Prius - Tesla - Prius - Tesla... :p

Reactions: JohnSnowNW
These two photos were taken by Motor Trend in the exact same spot from the same spot.

They seem to have kept the same cabin size while shortening the front and rear
full

True, but notice that the steering wheel is a couple of inches forward on the Model 3 compared to the S. Which matches what Elon has talked about:

Since there’s no internal combustion engine under the hood, there’s no real firewall at the front of the passenger compartment. So designers moved the instrument panel to create more room to move the front seats forward, giving all five adult passengers more leg room

Add the additional headroom in the back because it doesn't have a hatch + supporting beam and you'll probably get a much nicer back seat in the Model 3 compared to the S. Which some of the people that had the opportunity to ride in it on the reveal also confirms.

True, but notice that the steering wheel is a couple of inches forward on the Model 3 compared to the S. Which matches what Elon has talked about:

Add the additional headroom in the back because it doesn't have a hatch + supporting beam and you'll probably get a much nicer back seat in the Model 3 compared to the S. Which some of the people that had the opportunity to ride in it on the reveal also confirms.
Yeah, I noticed the steering wheel and driver seat being further forward. That and lack of cluster behind the wheel should give the driver an incredible view of the road ahead.

Reactions: Laban
All I see is Prius - Tesla - Prius - Tesla... :p

I'm one of those that think that the 19" wheels looks ok on the Model S. But i have to admit that i'm not so sure about the Model 3. Maybe because it's shorter and look a bit more "chubby" because of that.

But i'd probably go for darker rims on a white car, that makes the 18"s look a LOT better imo:

model3_white_18_dark.jpg

In fact, i will probably choose dark 18"s for the winter tires no matter what colour i choose and then 20" for the summer tires.

Reactions: Jayc
View attachment 225089 It is a relief that the door handles seem to be 2mm thicker, which is a significant percentage (or it could just be the white background makes them look thicker). Thanks, as this will help customer acceptance, product success and company success. Maybe it is just my opinion that moved (just getting used to it)?
You can tell 2mm difference in width from a car that is probably 15ft away? o_O

Anybody changing their opinion regarding styling changes to the front based on this picture?
I know its still not totally conclusive but I'm still sticking with my theory that there have been no changes to the front end styling.

3IauLhm.jpg

(I was missing the back and forth on this topic:))

Anybody changing their opinion regarding styling changes to the front based on this picture?
I know its still not totally conclusive but I'm still sticking with my theory that there have been no changes to the front end styling.

View attachment 225172

I'm not sure how you can say that. The nose is obviously different than in the prototype. The duckface is less tall, pointing upwards less on top and the crease has changed. For me the latest nose shots are final confirmation of this.

Other than that no changes is possible, though jury is still out on some rear details.

THe guy in the rain stated it was def different.
Unfortunately he didn't get any photos though. :(
I don't see any movement at all in the outline of the car in the side view comparison .gif that someone created. Put your cursor on the tip of the duckbill. It doesn't move.
That being said its hard to make out any surface details on the black cars so not definitive.
I haven't seen anything conclusive enough to make me change my mind yet.

I hoping somebody directly asks the question as to what changed on 6/2. (and that Franz answers)

View attachment 225172

I think you are one of the few still in the "no changes" camp. It is fairly subtle, but seems conclusive to me with all of the photos we have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.