Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is up with the sorting now. If I choose to sort the spreadsheet by invite date, it sorts it by reservation date instead. Didn't used to do that.

Testing it out some more... It looks like trying to sort the sheet by any of the columns between I and N results in it being sorted by column H. In other words... any column which is underneath the "Click here for a visual step by step guide..." text. It also happens with columns C and D (choosing to sort by column D sorts by column C instead).

It's looking like the cause is the "Click here" text above those columns. Can it be fixed?

Sure would like to know the story of these users. Did they recently become Tesla owners? Was their account somehow not tagged correctly and through part of an audit (or maybe a phone call) Tesla recently cleaned that up? Did they mis-enter the data in the spreadsheet because 3/31 was the default value for "reserved on"?
There are 6 from 3/31/16 But nothing else until 10/23/16. It sure looks like there was some sort of error.

And 2 of those 6 merged their accounts with an owner this year, and were non-owners, so that's why they just got the invite.

Testing it out some more... It looks like trying to sort the sheet by any of the columns between I and N results in it being sorted by column H. In other words... any column which is underneath the "Click here for a visual step by step guide..." text. It also happens with columns C and D (choosing to sort by column D sorts by column C instead).

It's looking like the cause is the "Click here" text above those columns. Can it be fixed?

Hi @sreams ,

I checked it out this morning and could not reproduce your problem.
I think you may be using 'sort range' rather than 'filter view.'
'Filter view' does not affect everyone else's view and is not affected by the first row problem you described.

Try this:
Click number 2 on the left to highlight row 2.
Click in the menu Data>Filter views...>Create new temporary filter views
Than click the inverted triangle symbol next to the column label you want to sort.
X on the right takes you out of filter view when you are finished.

Let me know if you are still having problem.

CJ

So, I am waiting for the white interior. Anyone know how long I have to not pick "Get Started" nor "Hold My place"?
I'm in the same category, refusing to respond because known of the deferral reasons match mine (white interior). As far as we collectively know, and going off of the S and X ramps, we have indefinitely to not decide (after all, they do have at least SOME of our money :)).

Hi @sreams ,

I checked it out this morning and could not reproduce your problem.
I think you may be using 'sort range' rather than 'filter view.'
'Filter view' does not affect everyone else's view and is not affected by the first row problem you described.

Try this:
Click number 2 on the left to highlight row 2.
Click in the menu Data>Filter views...>Create new temporary filter views
Than click the inverted triangle symbol next to the column label you want to sort.
X on the right takes you out of filter view when you are finished.

Let me know if you are still having problem.

CJ

Thanks. That is working. In the past I was able to sort without having to use any of the menus at the top, so was confused by why it wasn't working. Thanks!

An interesting data point:

I have a colleague who is a former SpaceX employee (reserved while SpaceX employee). His reservation is from March 24th 2016 (1 week pre-reveal). As of this morning, his estimator shows:

First Production: Feb-April Standard range Late 2018 AWD: Late 2018

I treat him as my personal canary in the coal mine for non-owner invites.

I was under the impression that SpaceX employees were also treated as "employees" from Tesla.

I was under the impression that SpaceX employees were also treated as "employees" from Tesla.
Reading between the lines it sounds like the person in question was originally allowed to reserve a week ahead of everyone (effectively putting him ahead of the 1st people in line on 3/31/16), subsequently became separated from SpaceX (and thus not eligible to configure when all the other employees were), but still retains his super-early place in line, thus should be one of the first non-employee/non-owners to be invited to configure (as would be backed up by his Feb-Apr delivery estimate).

What are some thoughts - is this the week that non-owners get to configure?

It seams that they are running out of current owners willing to configure now so I believe it will be this week. I really hope that it is not just CA reservations that get to configure.

I think the next batch will have non-owners. I just don't necessarily think it will be this week. I figure 2/28.

I think my estimates differ from most here.
The rational I've explained earlier still hold true for me.
No non-owner invites until March.

The California priority is over once the logistics have been worked out.
All non-owners are on the same playing field now.

On another note, all the owners with 3/31/16 reservations should have their invitations by now. Please report if you are in that group and have not been invited. Also I would check with Tesla if there is a glitch in your reservation.

CJ

Last edited:
So filtering the data last night, eliminating old entries, obvious mistakes, comparing not yet invited owners with their forum posts, I found very few true owners left without invites (most of whom have two reservations). So next set of invites, when ever that may be, will have to include non-owners.

CJ
I'm liking what you are saying!!!!
I really hope that you end up being right.

So filtering the data last night, eliminating old entries, obvious mistakes, comparing not yet invited owners with their forum posts, I found very few true owners left without invites (most of whom have two reservations). So next set of invites, when ever that may be, will have to include non-owners.

CJ

All of us twiddling our thumbs can cheer to this!

CJ
"will have to include"?
I'll settle for "will hopefully include".

Dan

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12

CJ
"will have to include"?
I'll settle for "will hopefully include".

Dan

What if the next round of invites goes to non-reservation holders? Think about it... Tesla already has our $1k. Selling cars to people without reservations will maximize income without losing their stash of deposit money. What could go wrong?

What if the next round of invites goes to non-reservation holders? Think about it... Tesla already has our $1k. Selling cars to people without reservations will maximize income without losing their stash of deposit money. What could go wrong?
No, in order to place a new order, a current non-reservation holder would have to plunk down $1,000 to reserve. There is no net financial benefit to Tesla and only pissing off a lot of people in doing so.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nurkbonis