Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Skione65, the file still has the exact same tabs as before. On the VIN Queue tab, the tables are now non-color-specific because the color is not an important enough differentiating factor anymore.

In addition, for LR-AWD and P, there are now different tables for reservation holders and non-reservation holders. Previously, both categories were displayed in the same table but reservation holders would appear on top followed by non-reservation holders. That was messing up the sorting order by configuration date and the difference between reservation holders and non-reservation holders was not clear enough.

I'm making changes to the tables all the time to better reflect what's going on. There is a change log on the 'How to use' tab.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Phoenix1
On the VIN Queue tab, the tables are now non-color-specific because the color is not an important enough differentiating factor anymore.

I don't understand how color isn't important enough. Color & config, but more likely location seem to be the driving factors in production. If it's a Red with Black seats production day those are the majority of the VIN's you'll see. If it's Blue with White production day, those are the VIN's you'll see. On the other hand, OBM cars have been vastly delayed.

I could be wrong, but color seems to make a huge difference.

@Troy Is there a way to filter and order by reservation date 1st/Config date 2nd, owner 3rd? I think this would be a very telling way to look at the data. Right now there isn't a way to see peoples reservation date (all you have is Yes or No), so I can't create a filter to do that sort. I swear you had us input that info when we first put our information in though.

@MacGreiner, you have 3 options:
Option 1. Open the same form again while you are logged in to a different Google account. The form will appear blank and you can enter your data as usual. Don't pick the exact same username because duplicate avoidance features will kick in to hide one of the entries. You could pick MacGreiner (2) or something else.

Option 2. If you are done with the first entry and you are sure you don't need to change anything, you could let me know and I will create a static copy of the first entry. You can then change the data in the form. Again you would have to change the username to MacGreiner (2) or something else. Also, the dates that you have already entered can't be removed. For some reason, Google forms don't allow that. However, you can change the dates that you want to remove to Jan 1st, 2017. This is a special setting that I added. It will hide the date.

Option 3: If you are OK with losing your first entry, you could change the data in the form. You can continue using the same username in the form. Again use the Jan 1st, 2017 trick to hide the dates that need to be removed.

The second entry feature was integrated into the form but I had to remove it because there were only a small number of people using it and it was adding too much complexity.

@UtahIsRad, the reservation date column was more specific until today and I tried sorting the tables by reservation date. I was expecting early reservation holders to have more VINs compared to late reservation holders. At least I was expecting the table to be more orderly compared to sorting by configuration date. That wasn't the case.

If you look at the LR AWD table for buyers that have a reservation or ownership priority, the people who have VINs are all over the place. When I sorted that table by reservation date (day 1 in-store on top, followed by day 1 online, followed by day 2 etc), surprisingly, the VINs were slightly more all over the place. They were scattered slightly more randomly. Therefore I made the reservation date column again less specific. It seems for LR AWD and P orders Tesla only cares whether or not somebody has a reservation but they don't care about the exact reservation date.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Phoenix1
Tesla says it’s based on reservation date, order date, configuration and location. Some people without reservations that have recent order dates are getting them sooner... so who knows how Tesla is prioritizing those 4 different variables.

I'm just a new guy here, but I have to think location plays a significant role. It seems pretty inefficient to send cars around the country in any transporter that is not completely full. If one route needs, say, a silver LR AWD optioned just so to be complete, maybe that would trump some other variable so that they could maximize things on the logistics side. But what do I know?

@UtahIsRad, the reservation date column was more specific until today and I tried sorting the tables by reservation date. I was expecting early reservation holders to have more VINs compared to late reservation holders. At least I was expecting the table to be more orderly compared to sorting by configuration date. That wasn't the case.

If you look at the LR AWD table for buyers that have a reservation or ownership priority, the people who have VINs are all over the place. When I sorted that table by reservation date (day 1 in-store on top, followed by day 1 online, followed by day 2 etc), surprisingly, the VINs were slightly more all over the place. They were scattered slightly more randomly. Therefore I made the reservation date column again less specific. It seems for LR AWD and P orders Tesla only cares whether or not somebody has a reservation but they don't care about the exact reservation date.
Thanks for checking and the detailed explanation of what you found. You are probably right, when you reserved does matter as much as that you have them the extra $1k without a configuration date. Sure simplifies their world too. I do kinda wonder if you’ll end up finding other data useful but for only periods of time. Such as Aero or sport wheels, or white and black interiors, due to inventory constraints.

Not sure how many variants there are now but it must be up to the twenties now bearing in mind colours tyres etc..
Multiply that by the number of delivery centres and you begin to see the problems of filling a single transporter.
Easier when filling a train but you still have to split that at rail head for store deliveries.
PS worked at Nissan factory for a while and it was a nightmare trying to find cars for transporters.

That's exactly my issue... I haven't been provided the VIN but I clearly have one since my delivery is being scheduled. Are we still able to provide some type of data to show progression without our VIN?

Same boat. Delivery scheduled for 9/3, but no VIN yet. The old Tesla process always had the VIN much earlier in the process, but that no longer is the case. I was told via email yesterday that my car had been built, and today that it was already in transport.

Same boat. Delivery scheduled for 9/3, but no VIN yet. The old Tesla process always had the VIN much earlier in the process, but that no longer is the case. I was told via email yesterday that my car had been built, and today that it was already in transport.
3 of us with the same situation. He said mine would be ready for delivery on Tuesday and scheduled me for a mid day pickup. Being in Fremont it is very possible the car is still being put together. But for someone to hear it is on a truck but no VIN, that doesn't make sense

Because my delivery is scheduled for a holiday, I asked to make sure that all the purchase paperwork be sent from Tesla more than the 48 hours in advance they promise. Trying to work with my Credit Union over a 3 day weekend wasn't my idea of a good plan. I don't know if that helped anything or not, but I received a full MVPA with VIN this morning. So in three days I've received notice my car was completed, then scheduled delivery, then received a VIN and full MVPA. Updated the spreadsheet.