Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 LR RWD
Deep Blue Metallic
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
EAP

Order Date: 10/27/18
VIN Received:11/19/18
Delivery Date: 11/26/18
VIN: 4983
Previous Owner: No
Reservation Holder: No
Originally had ordered M3 MR RWD with black & white interior but it was not seeing any movement, asked OA about possible delivery dates and per him it would be after mid December so changed the configuration to LR RWD with black interior (rest all same) on 11/16 and got assigned VIN on 11/19 and delivery date has been set to 11/26.

Its funny that they keep on pushing me to have things ready by certain timelines (ie: response needed in 48 hours). Right now they're waiting for my payoff amount, which I'm trying to pay down before the trade in. My money was tied up in my investment account so I had to wait for them to transfer it over to my main account. Since its a holiday I'm having to wait til the next work week for it to go through, so I told him at least Tuesday if not the end of next week. And now they're telling me they need the info by Monday. I don't understand the rush, seems like they're rushing me vs. me trying to rush them. I have everything entered into their system, it just takes time to move money around. Is it just because they want me to pay for the vehicle and get delayed deliveries afterwards?

Hi All,

I picked up my P3D+ today from the Fremont delivery center and want to summarize my experience. First, the high level info:

Design and order details:
Tesla Model 3 Performance+; No autopilot/self driving packages
Midnight Silver
Premium White Interior
Order Date: 9/17/18
VIN Received: 11/19/18
Delivery Date: 11/24/18
VIN: 79xxx
My location: San Jose, California

This can be a long story, but I'll try to stick to relevant pieces of information.

I ordered my car at the Fremont Hub on 9/17 to take advantage of the free Supercharging via referral before the cutoff date, which was 9/18ish. The price of the car at that time was ~$72,000, and this was with the performance package without any of the autopilot/navigation software.

I first received a text from Tesla indicating that they had a car ready for delivery on the week of 9/24. I immediately said no because I felt they were rushing deliveries before the end of Q3 and was afraid of receiving a dinged-up car. The next time they contacted me was mid-October, but I skipped out on it (explained towards the end below).

Shortly after that, Elon Musk slashed the price of the P3D+, and I called Tesla to see if they could cut my price tag since I had yet to receive the car. Not only did the representative say that I'd receive the $5,000, but I'd also keep the free Supercharging since I attained it by referral (if you're unfamiliar with the whole $5,000/free Supercharging controversy for P3D-/P3D+ owners, you can ask me). I had no official documentation noting that; it was just by word.

On 11/16, I received a call from my delivery advisor stating that I could pick up my car on 11/17. I was skeptical, but made the appointment anyway. I was not given a VIN. I show up on 11/17 at the Fremont delivery center, checked in, was told that my appointment wasn't in the system, sat around for an hour while Tesla tried to figure out what happened, and they rescheduled for a 11/24 pickup. The guy who helped me was awesome and understanding of my situation.

Today: I showed up at my appointment time, checked in, was seen within 5 minutes. The representative who helped me (let's just call her Mary) was very friendly despite my asking tons of questions regarding the price. The initial cost on my contract was ~$76,000 and did not reflect the $5,000 cut. Mary went back and forth many times between her supervisor and myself to answer my questions, but here's the main point: Mary could not grant me the $5,000 without evidence that the phone representative had said that I'd qualify for the price cut. Since I had the conversation by phone, I didn't have evidence in writing and I had not requested it after the phone call. My last resort was pulling up the Elon Musk tweet, she brought that to her supervisor, they tried contacting some other division of Tesla by phone, couldn't reach them since it's Saturday, ended up cutting the price anyway (and I believe I still have my free Supercharging, although I've yet to verify that). Out the door including DMV paperwork, the final price was ~$72,000.

And regarding the free supercharging: the contract Mary pulled up for me was dated 9/19, which WOULDN'T have qualified me for free Supercharging. Luckily, I DID receive an email on 9/17 when I put down the $2,500 down payment in person with the contract with that date on it. In addition, my mom, who owns a Model S, was with me and since I used her referral code, she has in her loot box on her Tesla app a date stamp that shows I had placed the order on 9/17. I feel like the 9/19 date change was a shady move on Tesla's part, but of course it's just my suspicion and there's absolutely no evidence towards this. It could have been an honest mistake.

Car condition: I actually wasn't too excited today because I'd read of others' horrible experiences with paint chips, panel gaps, etc. To my delight, however, there were no glaring deformities on my car (other than a pencil-point paint imperfection next to the trunk license plate area, and 2 tiny paint bubbles on that footstep area of the door that you can't see when the door is closed). Mary took the car to the detail center to clean up some adhesive residue on the outside and some smears and dust on the leather in the inside. Altogether, I'd spent 2.5 hours from my arrival to take delivery of my car.

TLDR version:
-Make sure that if you are promised price/software changes before the delivery of your car, you get that in the form of an email or other form of written evidence.

-My delivery advisor was terrible and did not do her job well in my opinion because she did not properly pencil me in for my appointment on 11/17 despite having talked to her twice on 11/16, and didn't respond to any of my emails regarding the delivery in mid-October (I actually called in to find out that I could just not show up to skip delivery and wait for another).

-The guy who addressed my situation on 11/17 was awesome; the woman who helped me at delivery today was patient, friendly, didn't show a bit of frustration despite my many questions, and awesome.

Most importantly, the Model 3 Performance (currently unnamed) is going to be my baby for the next 10 years .

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Its funny that they keep on pushing me to have things ready by certain timelines (ie: response needed in 48 hours). Right now they're waiting for my payoff amount, which I'm trying to pay down before the trade in. My money was tied up in my investment account so I had to wait for them to transfer it over to my main account. Since its a holiday I'm having to wait til the next work week for it to go through, so I told him at least Tuesday if not the end of next week. And now they're telling me they need the info by Monday. I don't understand the rush, seems like they're rushing me vs. me trying to rush them. I have everything entered into their system, it just takes time to move money around. Is it just because they want me to pay for the vehicle and get delayed deliveries afterwards?

I once bought a Chevy at a dealership on a late Saturday afternoon, near closing. 45-minute in-and-out. Wrote the a post-dated check for Tuesday to move money around. They let me take the car home and deposited the check on Wednesday.

Now that the holiday is over I was able to get my money in account by this past Monday, paid down my trade in to a residual of 50 bucks by Tuesday, and finalized payment for the 3 yesterday (11/28). My contact is going to finalize all the paperwork hopefully to get it before the end of the year. My order date was 11/15/18, first contact was 11/19/18. Seem unfortunate that all it happened around the holiday, partly my fault though, I didn't expect it to be so quick. Here's to getting it within the next 5 weeks.

Long time lurker and new customer, curious about the process. I selected cash as I will be financing by my credit union which has already approved. They will release funds when they know a VIN. The order page now says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery." and on the left it says December delivery. I'm in Oklahoma and there are no dealers. I'd love to pick it up from a dealer (say Dallas, Texas) but don't want to impact registration. Would it save me the $1,125 destination fee? Should I call see what options? Will Tesla call to arrange delivery and give me other options? I'd rather not send payoff funds til I see the car/inspect it. I'd also rather not jump the gun and call to early/being overly eager if you will.

Any tips appreciated.

M3 LR AWD
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
EAP

Order Date: 11/26/2018
VIN Received:
Delivery Date: Order page says December (nothing specific)
VIN:

Nevermind, delivery advisor contacted me via email this morning. I've arranged to pick it up in person in Dallas. It will not save me the destination fee. I was told I needed to pay up front.

M3 LR AWD
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
EAP

Order Date: 11/27/2018
VIN Received: 11/29/2018
Delivery Date: Order page says December (nothing specific)
VIN: 1291XX

Got my vin today. They've been in contact with me almost every business day since 11/19. It was always just once per day so that was the only thing I hated was waiting for response but maybe better than others experiences I've read thus far.

Model 3 LR AWD
Pearl White
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
EAP

Order Date: 11/15/2018
Delivery Date: Order page says December 5th @ 1200 (still says home delivery but I had said I wanted to pick up)
VIN: 1312XX
Reservation Holder: Yes

I was initially going to finance this to build up more credit but after reading the hoops and ladders you have to jump through, I decided just to transfer some finances around, pay off my trade in with a near to nothing residual and pay the difference off. That was actually the rate limiting step. If I had the money ready before Thanksgiving, everything would have been done a week ago. Good thing I decided to order by the time I did otherwise I might have missed the boat waiting too long.

I placed my M3 MR White Exterior on 11/25. I haven't heard any updates yet. My friend who ordered her M3 DM blue exterior received her delivery date for 12/6/18.

Did anyone else who recently placed an order for M3 MR receive their delivery dates yet?

They probably have alot of DM already made as opposed to the MR that just got announced mid October. You should check out the MR waiting thread thats a few threads down in this same forum section. People are talking about it over there just in case you wanted to see equivalent orders.

After some back and forth just got a VIN. Had originally ordered a MR RWD but switched to a LR RWD. After Tesla recently asked me to switch my white interior to black I was apprehensive. Asked them to look for a car for me and they found one in the mid west. Not the highest VIN but car has 30 miles on it and id rather try for it now in case I have issues.

Model 3 LR RWD
Blue Metallic
Premium Black Interior
19” Sport
EAP

Order Date: 10/22/2018
Revised to LR: 10/22/2018
VIN Received: 12/01/2018
Delivery Date: December 15th (although yet to be confirmed w delivery center)
VIN: 109XXX

Ordered for my wife to replace a well used Honda Odyssey that is coming up on a decade. Was trying to surprise her as we had test drove the car and loved it. So I ordered without telling her. However, a week ago, she started to type in a order and I had to confess before we ended up with two M3 in the drive way!

• Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Enhanced Autopilot

Order Date: 11/06/2018
VIN: none yet
Reservation Holder: Yes

Regarding vin numbers.

I take delivery on tuesday 12/4, and have been trying to use the data in these sheets to check the information my Owner Advisor gave me about the MFR date of my upcoming car. Since I ordered in person last tuesday, and am taking delivery this tuesday, they obviously did not make my car in between that time. He gave me a date of 11/28 as date of MFR and even showed it to me in their system, but I am trying to check vin numbers against other known vin manufacture dates.

People seem to be listing vins as XX,XXX (5 digits) but that doesnt work anymore I think. I believe they need to be listed as XXX,XXX (6 digits). That would allow people who have vins less than 100K and greater than 100k to compare.

My vin is 148,4XX for example. I would like to know if others who have vins assigned significantly later than that (like 16X,XXX or 17X,XXX).

I am used to being able to see this information, coming from the BMW world where the online decoders can tell you the exact day of manufacture of your vehicle.

Hi @jjrandorin. VIN assignments are not sequential because Tesla wants to obscure the day to day production numbers because shorts and day traders would create too much drama. Model 3s produced these days have VINs between 83K-176K. See the VIN Chart here. If you get a low VIN, it doesn't mean your car was produced a while ago and it was sitting in a parking lot.

You can confirm the month & year of manufacture by looking at the driver's door frame sticker which looks like this:

JEROt8D.jpg

Update - delivery date/pickup location

M3 LR AWD
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
EAP

Order Date: 11/27/2018
Delivery Date: 12/15/2018 (told it may be earlier...)
VIN: 1291XX
Location: Oklahoma (picking up car at Dallas-Cedar Springs Road)

Just updated my order from the MR RWD to LR AWD. OA told me they could probably match quickly. Fingers crossed.

Well got confirmation of a match...

M3 LR AWD
Solid Black Paint
Premium Black Interior
18" Aero
No EAP

Order Date: 10/26/2018
VIN Received: 12/3/2018
Delivery Date: 12/10/2018 (no one has contacted me)
VIN: 144xxx

Hi. @OKLakegoer and @CAVol. If you want to contribute to this project, you can add your data using the Google form here. Entries posted here are not added to the spreadsheet. Since 1st April 2018, 4,762 people have added their data in 246 days which is 19 entries per day. It would be too much work to try to add them manually. The links to this project are available in the opening message of this thread in case you need them in the future. Thanks

Hi. @OKLakegoer and @CAVol. If you want to contribute to this project, you can add your data using the Google form here. Entries posted here are not added to the spreadsheet. Since 1st April 2018, 4,762 people have added their data in 246 days which is 19 entries per day. It would be too much work to try to add them manually. The links to this project are available in the opening message of this thread in case you need them in the future. Thanks

I've already added & updated. Not sure if it shows on your end, but:

docs.google.com said:
You've already responded
You can only fill out this form once.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.