Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 week delivery - @@###$$%%%%^^
Tesla needs to under promise and over deliver.
Say it is 4 - 6 weeks and try to do it sooner.
That would leave people with proper expectations and less frustration.

The same is true for Elon. I love the guy and what he is doing but as a CEO he needs to under promise and over deliver.
Wall Street takes his comments the way they do with other CEO's. All CEO's only make comments and promises that they can 100% deliver on time. Elon and his optimistic nature / comments are taken as facts and when it takes longer than anticipated he gets crushed by Wall Street. He needs to say these things are aspirational goals meant to push the company and its people to strive for excellence.

Reactions: neroden and goRt
Care to explain what happened? The website says two week delivery
White interiors.

I called Tesla and asked what the delay was. They said the AWD model is taking longer than they expected to manufacture. No new timeframe was provided to me.

I'm going out of town for an extended period in June. Really hope my car doesn't arrive and be given to someone else if I am not able to pick it up.

According to this email, Christmas is coming in June for me!!!

Thank you for your order and welcome to the Tesla family! We are excited to get you behind the wheel and appreciate you accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. I will be your best point of contact for all items relating to the Delivery of your Model 3 and getting you behind the wheel. We expect your Model 3 to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I will reach back out to schedule your Delivery once I can confirm an exact ETA.
Your VIN is 5YJ3E.....

Today marks 5 weeks from initial online placement of my M3 LR AWD white/white.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Royal-1
Ordered on
According to this email, Christmas is coming in June for me!!!

Thank you for your order and welcome to the Tesla family! We are excited to get you behind the wheel and appreciate you accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. I will be your best point of contact for all items relating to the Delivery of your Model 3 and getting you behind the wheel. We expect your Model 3 to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I will reach back out to schedule your Delivery once I can confirm an exact ETA.
Your VIN is 5YJ3E.....

Today marks 5 weeks from initial online placement of my M3 LR AWD white/white.

This gives me so much hope! I ordered the exact same car as you, but on May 2nd. It seems they are FINALLY building white on white AWD!

Thanks for sharing this. I should hear soon based on this. Did you receive electronic communication or did you call. Just curious. Thank you.

I received an automated text from Tesla to schedule my delivery last Saturday (5/18) and then actually my Tesla Rep reached out the other day via email letting me know that it’d be arriving sooner than my scheduled date. Hopefully should be able to get it a few days early!

Tesla told me (via phone) that so long as you had your referral code noted on your account by May 28th, you would get the 500% supercharger miles. So add your code before then!

When I ordered my car I used a referral code given to me by the sales rep who assisted me with the order. I'm assuming that means it's already on my account then? I can't find any information saying the referral is active though.