Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email:

"Almost there!

We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.

It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.

In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."

Not sure what I'm missing, I completed everything except for insurance. I was going to wait until a VIN was assigned to get a quote on the Tesla insurance...

Reactions: puppers
Just got an email:

"Almost there!

We are reaching out to confirm that you still intend on taking delivery in December.

It looks like there a few outstanding items that is preventing your account to be on track for a 2019 delivery.

In order to get priority VIN assignment, please log into your My Tesla account and complete your profile."

Not sure what I'm missing, I completed everything except for insurance. I was going to wait until a VIN was assigned to get a quote on the Tesla insurance...

Same for me... Im not sure what Tesla wants, because without a VIN it is impossible to get insurance through them.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Same for me... Im not sure what Tesla wants, because without a VIN it is impossible to get insurance through them.

Not in CA. You can enter your existing policy. Most insurers in CA grant a10 day grace period to add your vehicle on your insurance. I've added my insurance info since I'm retaining my existing policy for my P3D whenever it arrives.

Edit: Unless you don't own a vehicle now or do not have an insurance policy already. If through Tesla insurance, yeah, I think you have to wait for a VIN.

Reactions: tren01t
Just got an email:

"Almost there!

Since you're in California, all you have to do is present that you have a current car insurance on another which will be fine. No need to wait & add the Model 3 under your insurance yet. You do that when you get the car.

Just got an email:

"Almost there!

Got the same email but I had uploaded insurance already so called them and they are like oh yeah you’re good.

thanks for the panic attack Tesla