Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I completed the trade-in and payment steps same day. Car is matched to me and I got the VIN. Got my Wall Connector ordered ("ships in 1-2 weeks") and electrician lined up, as well as a 10-30 adapter (older dryer outlet) in case the Wall Connector takes too long to get here.
I ordered my wall charger on Jan 2nd. I still do not have the wall charger and they have not sent me any shipping information. So, be prepared to wait awhile for yours to be delivered. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: TOPSCRT
Someone at tesla advised me 2 weeks ago NOT to complete financing until I have a VIN.. should I wait?
It would be best to wait. The financing is typically good for 30 days, if it expires before you get a vin, you will have to reapply, They should say this on the website, but they don't.

Right now it looks like it is going to be awhile for most people. There is almost nothing in inventory anywhere, which means we will only see occasional vins. Right now, for those of us who ordered in the first couple days in January, probably mid February at the earliest. This is speculation, but it fits observation.

• Helpful
Reactions: TOPSCRT
Just placed my order Jan 13th. I feel like I'm in a movie and entering the desert scene without any water.

I had my black wall connector installed two months ago, it mocks me every time I wheel past it in my ice car.

Now Tesla has a new wifi version of the wall connector, wish I had waited..

For anyone interested, I created a Google Sheet that summarized the pinned build sheet data.

There are tabs by color vehicle (that are currently options to order from Tesla).

There's a summary tab that breaks out the totals for color, trim, wheels, AP/FSD, and interior color.

I was surprised at how many people out of roughly 6K paid to upgrade to EAP and FSD. I was also surprised by the total figure of SR+ vehicles. Albeit, they haven't been around as long as some other trims, I expected there to be more in here.

Anyways, here's the link: Tesla Model 3 Owner Builds

*If you're wondering, the most common build is: Long Range AWD, White, Black Interior, 18" Aeros, with FSD.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, I created a Google Sheet that summarized the pinned build sheet data.

There are tabs by color vehicle (that are currently options to order from Tesla).

There's a summary tab that breaks out the totals for color, trim, wheels, AP/FSD, and interior color.

I was surprised at how many people out of roughly 6K paid to upgrade to EAP and FSD. I was also surprised by the total figure of SR+ vehicles. Albeit, they haven't been around as long as some other trims, I expected there to be more in here.

Anyways, here's the link: Tesla Model 3 Owner Builds

*If you're wondering, the most common build is: Long Range AWD, White, Black Interior, 18" Aeros, with FSD.
Wow. This is exceptional. GREAT job! I wonder if you could do something like a “past 6 months” tracker, considering white is now the free color, AP is now standard, and EAP no longer exists as an option to buy.