Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla batches up production runs. So if they run a batch of white dual motors and that's what you ordered, you may get yours before a guy who ordered a black SR+ a week earlier.

OK, great. There are still multiple Blue/Black interior/LR AWDs that have been delivered with order dates after mine (wheels and FSD shouldn't be a factor, right?) so it still doesn't make sense. OK, so maybe there were other cars going to the same location so they figured that into the equation. But if you keep doing that, there will be people that never get their cars because the planets don't align with production/delivery/whatever which makes absolutely zero sense.

OK, great. There are still multiple Blue/Black interior/LR AWDs that have been delivered with order dates after mine (wheels and FSD shouldn't be a factor, right?) so it still doesn't make sense. OK, so maybe there were other cars going to the same location so they figured that into the equation. But if you keep doing that, there will be people that never get their cars because the planets don't align with production/delivery/whatever which makes absolutely zero sense.

Could also be in shipping? Do you have a VIN? If so, should be its on way.

I shouldn't think so. Geography may factor in as well. It's also possible that it's just a delay specific to you I suppose. Hopefully you get an update soon (or ideally your awesome new car).

I don't have a specific link but it's just the standard process that we have put together based on comments, deliveries etc. They do the same with domestic vs foreign orders. Early in the quarter they try to build cars for overseas, and then they start working on local cars. This let's them get cars to foreign buyers in the same quarter.

I shouldn't think so. Geography may factor in as well. It's also possible that it's just a delay specific to you I suppose. Hopefully you get an update soon (or ideally your awesome new car).

I don't have a specific link but it's just the standard process that we have put together based on comments, deliveries etc. They do the same with domestic vs foreign orders. Early in the quarter they try to build cars for overseas, and then they start working on local cars. This let's them get cars to foreign buyers in the same quarter.

What international orders? Isn't there factories in Europe & Asia ?

Is the Fremont location only the US based factory?

It just boggles my mind how some deliveries are way under the ETA and others are way over. I'm starting to wonder if there's a penalty for ordering through a sales agent rather than on your own.
I read somewhere if you completed everything on your profile online, they’ll prioritize you but I have no idea if that’s true or not. I got my loan and insurance setup within 1-2 weeks of ordering. Hope you don’t have to wait much longer!

That’s because they do most of their building around this time to get cars out by q1. They don’t hold much inventory and they have one factory. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the logistics. Stop worrying about it, they will find a car for you. People just want it now.

I read somewhere if you completed everything on your profile online, they’ll prioritize you but I have no idea if that’s true or not. I got my loan and insurance setup within 1-2 weeks of ordering. Hope you don’t have to wait much longer!
I ordered on 1/17 but had not setup loan. They called me today from the Delivery center to ask me to complete the profile. Supposedly they would give priority in vehicle matching when account is complete. I completed the application and uploaded insurance after the call. No VIN yet so we'll see if it really makes a difference.

No VIN....I'm part of the "Check daily/hourly for my VIN" club. I just wish my SA had said "Expect delivery to be more like 9-12 weeks rather than 4-7"....that would've been setting appropriate expectations.
At least I'm not part of that club anymore as I once was. But do not worry I bet your's won't take that much longer. Mine took exactly 2 months even though it started with 4-7 weeks.
Picking it up on the 27 on this month.
So if you order yours on the 4th of January then I predict you'll be getting your vin by the end of this week beginning of next one;)