Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yours said to be built??? Think that’s better or worse than ready hot delivery?

Yes... I'm thinking it's better since I remember the SA had told me that it would take a few days for it to arrive to my delivery location after it was built. I'm thinking at worst it'll take another week to deliver... so it could be about 3 weeks from today (which would make it 4 weeks from last week's 2-4 week estimate)... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be sooner :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 11.57.03 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 11.57.03 PM.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: IDRVSLO
Just double the estimate....that's probably a more realistic expectation. Or you could wind up getting it in a couple of days like some other folks on the spreadsheet. There just seems to be no logical explanation as to why some deliveries are so fast and others are so much longer. Just hope you don't wind up like our buddy @gargantila. I really feel for that guy.

The wait is absolutely agonizing... Specially since I assumed I'd be getting my car about two weeks after I ordered back on 12/12. If they told me you'd be getting your car in early March (which is what it's looking like) I would not have believed it and probably would not have ordered... They kept stringing me along and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully it's not from my phone with a text saying 2-4 more weeks)...

On the bright side... I've watched so many videos on the car I could probably teach a few things to the guy that's supposed to give me a demo at pickup...

The wait is absolutely agonizing... Specially since I assumed I'd be getting my car about two weeks after I ordered back on 12/12. If they told me you'd be getting your car in early March (which is what it's looking like) I would not have believed it and probably would not have ordered... They kept stringing me along and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully it's not from my phone with a text saying 2-4 more weeks)...

On the bright side... I've watched so many videos on the car I could probably teach a few things to the guy that's supposed to give me a demo at pickup...
I agree, if they had been more truthful up front about the wait time, I may have reconsidered ordering or waited until more convenient time of the year when I could live more easily without a car.

Have you guys heard from a real person? My SA has been texting me almost weekly (ordered 1-12) saying he will continue to check for a VIN but plan on early March. Have not received any automated texts at all. Or is he reaaaaally a robot instead.... hrmmmmmm....;)

We have not heard from anyone other than the automated texts. The last one was "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery! Select your appointment at..." After I selected a delivery date it is now showing on my account as well as the final payment button.

I was so happy to finally see a vin pop up in the source code, but the waiting and wondering when we will hear something else has felt brutal! When we went for a test drive before ordering, we were told we'd probably be waiting until March, with how the factory produces international cars first. Despite knowing that, we were still anxiously waiting and hoping it might be sooner. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

For anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area, almost 100 new cars appeared this morning under “existing inventory”

At least half of them are LR/White/Black/Aero.
There are also a lot of LR/Black/Black/Aero
The rest are mostly white and black (some blue sprinkled in) Performance models.

Maybe they must do batches in colors. The two most popular colors are white and black. Considering how many people are waiting for SR+, wouldn't be surprised if they flooded the market with LR (no other options) available NOW hoping SR+ will trade up. You can search all over the US and there seem to be a gazillion White/LR/Aero on the lots suddenly. Also wondering if there might be constraints on the SR+ batteries and/or White Seats.

Could be. The VINs all seem unique.
There are 2 available Pittsburgh. Question is, if this is for real, why isn't one of these in your driveway?
Right? The only difference between the one in inventory and my order is FSD but that should be an easy fix. I just don't understand why it would even appear in inventory if it's a small tweak away from an ordered config in the local store.

They have my exact car on the new inventory showing in Fremont (blue P3D) minus FSD. I wonder if there is any way to get that vehicle instead of waiting until mid-late March for mine... any chance my SA can make that happen? Anyone have any experience with that?

Right? The only difference between the one in inventory and my order is FSD but that should be an easy fix. I just don't understand why it would even appear in inventory if it's a small tweak away from an ordered config in the local store.
OK, I spoke to a guy at the store and I think what he said may explain some of the strangeness that some of us are seeing in deliveries.

- The cars that show up in inventory are likely in a pre-production state and not physically available in the store. This was the case with the VIN that I saw.
- A batch of somewhat random cars get sent to a region and then they are matched to orders from there so if you're 3rd in line for your particular config and there are only 2 in the shipment, you get to wait. But the matching up does happen on the basis of order date.

Regardless, the VIN that I saw was already claimed so I continue to wait. The guy I talked with said I should be matched next week so I should see my car within a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

They have my exact car on the new inventory showing in Fremont (blue P3D) minus FSD. I wonder if there is any way to get that vehicle instead of waiting until mid-late March for mine... any chance my SA can make that happen? Anyone have any experience with that?
I'd call but as I just posted, that car may not actually be 'in inventory'....it may be scheduled to be produced and they're trying to a sucker.....er, customer to buy it thinging that it's available.