Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ouch. ouch. I do suggest you call the general number for Tyco SC and get someone (not your SA)...whoever answered for me was much for informative/responsive.

I did call but have a feeling they be overwhelmed with deliveries as I had to leave a VM. Haven't had luck with emails either. We shall see. Good that this additional vehicle is not my primary mode of transportation. Certainly a first in all my years of car buying experience but I did know that going in.

• Helpful
Reactions: valaeyron
If you call or email Tyco SC, ask for Lyndsey Bowers. She was amazing and answered emails right away for me.
Heard from my SA, he apologized for Tesla making me anxious with all the date changes, LOL, yes, indeed. He explained that it was due to a logistical change and car no longer stopping at the Alabama hub and coming direct after a truck carrier change. I also noticed a estimated date range of 9/24-9/30 is back in my account although he said 9/27 is likely. Think I'll switch to decaff and stop looking.

Heard from my SA, he apologized for Tesla making me anxious with all the date changes, LOL, yes, indeed. He explained that it was due to a logistical change and car no longer stopping at the Alabama hub and coming direct after a truck carrier change. I also noticed a estimated date range of 9/24-9/30 is back in my account although he said 9/27 is likely. Think I'll switch to decaff and stop looking.

This sounds like your car might have been on the same Trailer as those headed to Atlanta! I was told on Tuesday morning (when I had a delivery time of 4pm that same day) that the car was stuck in Birmingham because the truck hauling it broke down. It took on Thursday to get a new truck to haul it the 2 hours to Atlanta....but they arrived in Atlanta yesterday and I will take delivery tomorrow morning at 11am!

I got a VIN and delivery for Sept 24, Red M3 rwd. Now I am reading all the expected upgrades to 2021 M3.
I like the heat pump, more mileage, since I am in Canada. Also like the Chrome Delete. But my question, is would I have to wait till 2021 to order the M3 with these upgrades? I am excited about next weeks delivery, but contemplating cancelling and waiting a few months.
Anyone else with these thoughts, or concerns.

I got a VIN and delivery for Sept 24, Red M3 rwd. Now I am reading all the expected upgrades to 2021 M3.
I like the heat pump, more mileage, since I am in Canada. Also like the Chrome Delete. But my question, is would I have to wait till 2021 to order the M3 with these upgrades? I am excited about next weeks delivery, but contemplating cancelling and waiting a few months.

There is no guarantee these rumors are true. Also, I’ve been told that it the changes won’t appear till later in 2021. And finally, if you do cancel a configuration, I don’t think you could order the same car again for 12 months.

In the U.S. I was told to take delivery within 6 months or the $100 reservation fee will be lost.

There is no guarantee these rumors are true. Also, I’ve been told that it the changes won’t appear till later in 2021. And finally, if you do cancel a configuration, I don’t think you could order the same car again for 12 months.

there will always be something newer, some fancier thing coming. That’s their role, to keep tweaking to add new stuff or cut costs, or both. Just gotta pick a point in time to jump in. If it’s a dealbreaker then don’t buy, and if it’s not then move ahead and don’t have buyer’s remorse. Makes life easier!

there will always be something newer, some fancier thing coming. That’s their role, to keep tweaking to add new stuff or cut costs, or both. Just gotta pick a point in time to jump in. If it’s a dealbreaker then don’t buy, and if it’s not then move ahead and don’t have buyer’s remorse. Makes life easier!
Depends on the leap. If it is aesthetics, then it isn’t a huge issue. Unless it is a complete redesign.
Chrome delete? You can take care of that yourself. Steering wheel? Does it matter? Heat pump? I live in LA, that won’t matter for me but I could see why it could matter to those who live in colder climates.

Only thing that could be a dealbreaker for some will be the range. If they give additional range, which I don’t think they will. There is about 70 mile range difference from the + and LR. I don’t think they’ll close the gap. For me that won’t even matter since the Model 3 won’t be my daily driver nor do I take long trips in my car.

You must know what what is important to you. Wait until after Battery day so you don't have any regrets. The heat bump would definitely be a boost for you in Canada.

Battery Day is on the 22nd.. So you could simply cancel your delivery after whatever announcement.

Depends on the leap. If it is aesthetics, then it isn’t a huge issue. Unless it is a complete redesign.
Chrome delete? You can take care of that yourself. Steering wheel? Does it matter? Heat pump? I live in LA, that won’t matter for me but I could see why it could matter to those who live in colder climates.

Only thing that could be a dealbreaker for some will be the range. If they give additional range, which I don’t think they will. There is about 70 mile range difference from the + and LR. I don’t think they’ll close the gap. For me that won’t even matter since the Model 3 won’t be my daily driver nor do I take long trips in my car.

exactly. It does depend on the leap for everyone, independently. But whatever your decision, make peace with it :)

Just rescheduled my delivery to 11am tomorrow (Saturday 9-19-2020) due to family stuff tonight. Can't wait to pick up my M3P, red (exterior)/black (interior) in Roswell, GA (Atlanta).
They text me this morning and said car was in transit may have to reschedule. I was super bummed all day. Got a call at 7:05 the car had just arrived and I will still get to keep the 3pm tomorrow. So yay! Hope all goes well with yours! Let me know what I’m looking forward to after you get it lol.