Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 owners getting screwed over?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else feel like model 3 owners are constantly getting screwed over compared to other models. Model S and X owners get free unlimited supercharging, they're constantly getting upgrades to their performances that increases their range, power, acceleration and speed, while model 3 only gets abysmal increase in range and power. Are model 3 just the forgotten child of the 3?...Also many cars nowadays come with apple car play or preloaded spotify etc for free yet tesla owners have to pay some bs subscription services?? :mad:o_O

Anyone else feel like model 3 owners are constantly getting screwed over compared to other models. Model S and X owners get free unlimited supercharging, they're constantly getting upgrades to their performances that increases their range, power, acceleration and speed, while model 3 only gets abysmal increase in range and power. Are model 3 just the forgotten child of the 3?...Also many cars nowadays come with apple car play or preloaded spotify etc for free yet tesla owners have to pay some bs subscription services?? :mad:o_O
Nope—all good here.

Well. I guess if you pay $90K and up for a car you get an extra bag of peanuts.

When you pay <>$42K you don't get the first bag of peanuts.

But Tesla has gotten kind of chinchy with stuff like installing the convenience lights but not enabling them, deleting the lights in the door pockets, deleting the fog lights but not pointing it out, deleting little things like cargo net hooks, really pissy little things that annoy more than outright enrage you. Oh yeah - the PWA works in Reverse but not Drive. How silly is that?

I've gotten a couple of updates since February. Nothing spectacular, but at least I know they still love me...

Don't get me wrong, I am as happy as a poule d'eau in a canary's cage with our Model 3s. But the little annoyances really seem - well - cheap.

I'm just this moment walking out the door with my just arrived Abstract Ocean shipment. The interior will be nice and bright shortly.

Last edited:
Model S/X are 2x the price and hadn't gotten any updates in a long time until recently. Two years ago a Model S owner might have been the one complaining that Tesla was spending all their time on the cheaper Model 3 while ignoring their high end cars. It's all a matter of perspective.

Just be glad you own a car that can potentially be updated like this. No other car I've owned could gain power or range via an over the air software update.

Not us. All is well.

Curious. Did you buy and pay for your model 3 sight unseen and without reading anything about it? You might consider spending the extra 40 grand and trading it in for a model S. Then you can get more free stuff.

Just sayin.

Troll post much? You are comparing a ~$40k car to a $80k+ car... I am not sure what you are expecting here.

Of course the latter will get better speed, acceleration, treatment, and freebies. As a Model 3 owner, I am fine with that, you get what you pay for. Hell, we get basically alot of the same tech as the higher end S or X, in some aspects, might be even better.

Really not sure what to make of this.
Is this some code talking about girl friends or what.
If the S is better, get a S.
You like the X get an X.
You like the 3 stay with the 3.
My wife loves the 3 and the trade in value on her
was very low.
I do not need more speed, more range, or a new wife.
I do like free updates.
Life is Life.

Interesting. Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to see what others thought and felt. I do agree that since S and X pay more, they have more perks. I think I was more frustrated with the premium connectivity. I mean standard connectivity is fine if it allowed like Spotify and HD stations. Other cheaper car brands get apple car play, Spotify etc. What are your thoughts?

Interesting. Thanks for all the replies. I wanted to see what others thought and felt. I do agree that since S and X pay more, they have more perks. I think I was more frustrated with the premium connectivity. I mean standard connectivity is fine if it allowed like Spotify and HD stations. Other cheaper car brands get apple car play, Spotify etc. What are your thoughts?

Other cars get spotify for free? Did you mean using the spotify app through Apple carplay or Android auto from the phone?

If you mean HD stations as in HD FM radio, we already have that.

Well, I happen to like their decisions. I don't have to pay for what I regard as inferior sources. Instead, I get the world's best huge screen Nav that will not go out of date, a terrific music replay system that competes favorably to the B&O I had with Audis and beats the hell our of the Bose and HK systems I have had. Plus, the FM reception is very good and allows you to TURN OFF the ironically title HD so that an excellent analogue broadcast (there are only a few, but my go to station, WFMT will stand firm) will sound its best. The truth is that if you like a sport sedan as opposed to a luxury sedan, you just stole a march on every other offering out there, including the S, so be happy!!

Also, to be fair, the Model 3 Performance has received some really great upgrades for free, including, 2 power increases that have taken it from 12.0 seconds in the 1/4 mile to 11.5 and 2 track mode upgrades that allow for significantly higher road course performance. That is certainly better than any other performance sedan or sports car has ever received for free.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
Also, to be fair, the Model 3 Performance has received some really great upgrades for free, including, 2 power increases that have taken it from 12.0 seconds in the 1/4 mile to 11.5 and 2 track mode upgrades that allow for significantly higher road course performance. That is certainly better than any other performance sedan or sports car has ever received for free.
Well said @IraB — not sure what the OP is on about as, save for the uncorking update that our 75D received (wow!), the updates to our Model 3 Performance have easily been on par with our prior Model S. It makes me sad that a fellow Chicagoan is spreading such FUD....

I don’t know of another car company that upgrades the systems for better performance, overall.....for FREE! All done OTA, no appointment needed AND, offers hardcore upgrades for a relatively minimal cost. If you know of another auto company, let me know. Cheers!