Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance 0-60 time of 2.998 achieved by DragTimes with V2019.36.2.1 (1 ft rollout)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, everyone uses roll-out. That is the standard method and the only way you can compare apples to apples with other cars.

I should update this to say the time is actually 2.998s. Still super impressive.

Magazines, and drag racers use roll-out. But for the everyday person, 0-60 does not occur with timing lights on a drag strip, so it's much more useful to have actual 0-60 times.

But I will still brag that I have a sub 3 second car... ;)

I'm not convinced its reasonable to go around telling everyone it does 0-60 in 2.9 when it was just the one test, with roll out, and it was under 3 by 0.002 seconds...

But yeah, presumably if someone wants to beat on the car to heat the pack, and charge it to 100% right at a track, it could beat that time by a bit.

At one point, the M5 was faster than the Model 3 P on paper at 3.1 0-60.

In the real world, that M5 wouldn't do *sugar* at a red light next to 3P. The perfect launch needed to achieve 3.1 isn't going to happen.

The 3.2 second Model 3 P "smokes" it every time at the light.

Despite never personally achieving it, an M5 owner will say they have a 3.1 0-60 second car.

So yes, we can claim a Model 3 P is sub 3 seconds due to the agreed standard with respect to rollout. :)

Seems the right time to remind everyone Tesla extra-cheats in their advertised times....

All P models of their cars list 0-60 with rollout.

Non-P models don't.

Anyway it's looking like the rollout #s post-latest-power-bump are about 3.0 (with one guy having managed a 2.998) for the P and 3.9 (at least one guy having hit 3.86) for the AWD.... which is pretty consistent gap-wise with the 3.1 and 4.0 car mags were getting with each previous to this update and using rollout.

I know this is a M3 performance thread, but have any numbers been posted for the AWD improvements ?

~3.9 0-60 (3.86 is the best draggy result I've seen).... 1/4 mile around 12.2-12.3@115

In the real world, that M5 wouldn't do *sugar* at a red light next to 3P. The perfect launch needed to achieve 3.1 isn't going to happen.

Despite never personally achieving it, an M5 owner will say they have a 3.1 0-60 second car.

So yes, we can claim a Model 3 P is sub 3 seconds due to the agreed standard with respect to rollout. :)

For ICE cars, the 0-60 is much harder to achieve the magazine times. Those mags beat the crap out of the car and do like 20 launches to get the best times. The Model 3 is extremely consistent and will do the advertised times easily with a high SoC. The 0-60 in a Tesla is more real than all the other 0-60 times.

Sadly the BMW M5 is only available with an automatic transmission and AWD so getting a good launch is easy. BMW advertises it as 0-60 3.1s because they don't use rollout. Magazines get 2.8s with rollout so I'm guessing BMW owners say they can do 2.8s :p

Sadly the BMW M5 is only available with an automatic transmission and AWD so getting a good launch is easy. BMW advertises it as 0-60 3.1s because they don't use rollout. Magazines get 2.8s with rollout so I'm guessing BMW owners say they can do 2.8s :p

This is also why folks always insist "BMW under-rate their cars"

No, they don't... they just don't use the exact same method of measurement Ford/GM and US car mags do.