Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following the threads on here and Reddit pretty closely recently. I had hope for an on time delivery given the recent deliveries happening but my EDD just got pushed.

I’m in Virginia, RN12163x, ordered May 07. Stealth grey/white.

EDD pushed from June 2024 to July 22-September 2. Pretty frustrating experience lol

• Informative
Reactions: jose3030
Been following the threads on here and Reddit pretty closely recently. I had hope for an on time delivery given the recent deliveries happening but my EDD just got pushed.

EDD pushed from June 2024 to July 22-September 2. Pretty frustrating experience lol
I mean you did order 2 weeks after a much sought after car was released. Also you have probably read that the EDD means nothing. Keep the faith.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd

Hang in there! Tesla wants nothing more than to deliver cars by end of June. Got to have hope!

Reactions: jose3030
IMG_3406.jpeg

Ordered 5/5. ATL in the long que house.

Been dealing with it from day one. If anyone sees any silliness, please DM me and I'll address it. This is for delivery tracking. There are plenty of outlets for activism on each of our desired sides elsewhere.
At least this time is just some text that's easy to fix. We probably don't want to lock it so people can keep updating their order status. Is there anyway to let Google Doc automatically save a copy every few hours? In case next time someone really mess with data.

At least this time is just some text that's easy to fix. We probably don't want to lock it so people can keep updating their order status. Is there anyway to let Google Doc automatically save a copy every few hours? In case next time someone really mess with data.
There is version history and I back it up once a day. I've been off for two weeks working on a shower, back to work Monday. I will work on it after work etc. If anyone is interested in helping moderate, let me know. Reqs are: Gotta let it drive its self for the most part and keep it on topic with the silly stuff. I don't want to micromanage if that makes sense. It is the peoples tracker.

One thing I've noticed with the protective wrap on the handles and trim is how much these cars are NOT protected in more areas of the paint given these are shipped open carrier. These cars are shipped thousands of miles by open truck, subjected to anything and everything on their way to their destination. Not saying we need custom delivery wraps like a Porsche GT3 RS. But at least a simple shrink wrap on the top of the hood and trunk would be nice...

One thing I've noticed with the protective wrap on the handles and trim is how much these cars are NOT protected in more areas of the paint given these are shipped open carrier. These cars are shipped thousands of miles by open truck, subjected to anything and everything on their way to their destination. Not saying we need custom delivery wraps like a Porsche GT3 RS. But at least a simple shrink wrap on the top of the hood and trunk would be nice...
I totally agree. I love unwrapping. There are a few cars I ordered ( Non-Tesla) from the dealership I work with, I specifically told them to keep the plastic white shrink wrap on during PDI so I can peel them off myself. A lot of times they are on hood, trunk and door panels. Knowing how cost saving in mind Tesla is, I am not surprised though.

Reactions: jv92red
agreed. The red one I saw the other night had stuff all over the rear end. I don't even want them to prep it. I'd rather get it detailed when I get it than to have them take an orbital to the black paint

Reactions: jv92red