Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/3 SG/Blk, June EDD then got pushed to July. This afternoon EDD changed to May 25-June8, SoCal
We have basically the exact same experience. Same order date and build spec. June -> July -> 5/22-6/5 for me - updated earlier this evening. Oregon vs CA is the only difference. In any regard, congrats! Seems like stuff is really starting to move.

No, coastal bias doesn't appear to be a thing. Here is a map of current VIN assignments.

View attachment 1048227
What I see from this map is places that have a lot of Teslas already in their market are getting them. FL has a ton, as well as TX and CA. Those seem to be the hot points on the map. I’m in Nashville and ordered on April 23rd. Nothing on any of the states around TN. I would’ve thought ATL would have one at least. Seem to be prioritizing historically high volume areas. Which makes sense from a shipping standpoint. But still annoys me that I was stalking for weeks to order on the first day for nothing 😂

Reactions: jose3030
That’s what I’m struggling with. Wish they could do white seats with the black alcatera doors. I ordered white but prefer the alc look.
That was actually why I switched from white to black seats, also because getting white puts a 3 tone color to the interior with white black and the off white/beige headliner color. I think the white seats are amazing but I also want the alcantera.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Especially when Tesla cars are known to have soft and thin paint.
Mine hasn't been. I've had 2 model 3 performances. The paint has been just like any car I've had and I'm picky about rock chips. Don't believe everything you read. The PPF industry is a powerful "lobby". In my area, roads just suck and need repair. The cars are more aerodynamic, so incoming rocks don't have an air front to shift them. I also run Rally Armor mud flaps. There's lots at play but generalizing isn't productive.

What I see from this map is places that have a lot of Teslas already in their market are getting them. FL has a ton, as well as TX and CA. Those seem to be the hot points on the map. I’m in Nashville and ordered on April 23rd. Nothing on any of the states around TN. I would’ve thought ATL would have one at least. Seem to be prioritizing historically high volume areas. Which makes sense from a shipping standpoint. But still annoys me that I was stalking for weeks to order on the first day for nothing 😂
Hang in there. Worst case you're on a drop off route on the way to the more populous east coast areas with more orders.
And if it's any consolation, you get first and early access to small batch releases from the myriad of amazing distilleries out there. Whiskey drinkers dream. And let's not forget Graceland...

Mine hasn't been. I've had 2 model 3 performances. The paint has been just like any car I've had and I'm picky about rock chips. Don't believe everything you read. The PPF industry is a powerful "lobby". In my area, roads just suck and need repair. The cars are more aerodynamic, so incoming rocks don't have an air front to shift them. I also run Rally Armor mud flaps. There's lots at play but generalizing isn't productive.
That's a relief! Good to know. Thx for sharing

Reactions: Jangy
Been following the threads on here and Reddit pretty closely recently. I had hope for an on time delivery given the recent deliveries happening but my EDD just got pushed.

I’m in Virginia, RN12163x, ordered May 07. Stealth grey/white.

EDD pushed from June 2024 to July 22-September 2. Pretty frustrating experience lol

Since that's basically the 'free' one that qualifies for 7500 tax credit now, I assume this is the reason why.
Or it could change tomorrow.

1716000149756.png

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
At least this time is just some text that's easy to fix. We probably don't want to lock it so people can keep updating their order status. Is there anyway to let Google Doc automatically save a copy every few hours? In case next time someone really mess with data.

I ordered my first Model 3 the day it was unveiled. It took 2 years, 4 months, and 23 days after that to receive it.
I ordered a cybertruck triple motor seems like years ago. Still no idea when or if it’ll ever send me an EDD (and at this point I wouldn’t want it)