Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only factor that mattered to me is that Tesla doesn't offer a buyout at the end of the lease. For that reason alone, I'm financing.
Lease was an easy choice with how badly electric cars depreciate... I personally don't like keeping cars more than 4-5 years, at that point the M3P might be worth what, like 20k worst case. thats a 40k cost over 4 years. A lease is about 10k a year, so yeah, leasing is not a bad decision at all, more importantly, that 50k I would have paid for the car would be doing nothing for me, now Im playing with it in the market and already have made up the cost difference of buying over leasing with just a few trades in under a month, let alone 5 years of trading lol. So yeah hold your cash and make it work for you, dont put it in a car lol

Lease was an easy choice with how badly electric cars depreciate... I personally don't like keeping cars more than 4-5 years, at that point the M3P might be worth what, like 20k worst case. thats a 40k cost over 4 years. A lease is about 10k a year, so yeah, leasing is not a bad decision at all, more importantly, that 50k I would have paid for the car would be doing nothing for me, now Im playing with it in the market and already have made up the cost difference of buying over leasing with just a few trades in under a month, let alone 5 years of trading lol. So yeah hold your cash and make it work for you, dont put it in a car lol
What money factor / apr are you getting on your lease?

Reactions: BabyRoadster
There's like a 5k loss looking at 21 M3Ps with 30k miles vs current cost unless you expect the price to keep dropping and the cost of the remaining two years from 3 to 5 years is about another 10-12k savings. You're paying a premium of about 15 to 17k to lease vs buy. You'd need to make a pretty crazy return to cover that and if your return is that high, you could just finance the whole thing and keep your cash invested and still be better off.

The only way it continues to work in your favor leasing is if the base model 3 price continues to drop and I'm pretty sure we're close to as low as it can go on price now.