Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 1998 Estoril blue/white US E36 M3. While I'm sure the Eurospec one was faster, I doubt more reliable. I have 191K miles with no engine issues and on the original clutch. Great backup car when my Cayman is over and over again in the shop. I also thought one of the issues with the Eurospec one is the US had too much sulfer content for the sleeves.
There were more issues with the euro spec car. But my post wasn't about reliability so much as it was more about what was the BMW thought process behind designing and using a higher performaing engine for the same car that they were shipping to us at the time. And I'm sure they didn't ultimately know the reliability issues that would later come.

We kinda get why all non -US M3P cars are getting LG batteries. it's a cost and location manufacturing concern no doubt. But the US Spec M3's were made in Germany.

Reactions: pete34
easy way to resist is to realize that if you ordered today you'd probably have to wait until Christmas or potentially next year.
Lol.. I actually dont think so. Im going to bet that they will catch up with demand by july / august at the absolute latest. I feel like if I ordered right now I could probably be driving one before august 1st, but thats just my feelings on it...

Hey... now you got me talking about having my own again...... must...resist....

Lol.. I actually dont think so. Im going to bet that they will catch up with demand by july / august at the absolute latest. I feel like if I ordered right now I could probably be driving one before august 1st, but thats just my feelings on it...

Sheesh i hope so, just ordered 2 days ago.

I agree with you. A quarter of the list already have a Vin. There is a week left in May still

I’m with you on this, I feel that they will catch up!

I already added a bunch of accessories to Amazon cart, waiting on tuxmat to release floor mat. Got charger quote ready. All I need is a Vin now to procreed! 😁😁

On the other hand, I will trade in a 23 Accord Hybrid Touring. I have a feeling I will miss the room that car has, and the comfort, and the Google built in. What I will not miss is the power and handling!

Super exciting to see all these VINs going and and deliveries but can’t help but feel bummed when there’s post after post of people getting VINs who ordered in May weeks after me (ordered evening of the release). Oof how to cope?
1716667109667.png

All good things come to those who wait! Meditate! Go to the movies! Binge the entire Dr. Who catalog, build a time-machine or go to sleep in one of those cryo-lab tubes... Distract yourself with other things.

And keep coming here for moral support!

We'll get there! Tesla -wants- to get these cars in our driveways.

Besides, I am find seeing others get VINs and deliveries - it means the flow has started and that's fewer people still waiting ahead of the rest of us! :)

I asked an SA in Bellevue yesterday and they said they also have no idea about us missing out. But he asked me to be patient as sometimes people get VINs out of nowhere.
I do find it a bit odd...

Not complaining at all, just a bit surprised. I assume a bunch of us will all pop-up at once, in time.

I think the nearest tracker VIN is... SLC or central Cali... of course there might be others out there with VINs in our area that aren't on the list, or not even on the forum. But it does just feel a little strange with well over 300 people listed, not a single one is in our area.

Fingers crossed! :)