Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kennesaw Georgia showroom has a new stealth gray/white performance 3 in the showroom as of today.
I just checked out the Duluth showroom M3P. Exact spec as mine, looks great. Seats are firmer than LR, I do like the white seats having that soft supple marshmallow-like feel, but the firmness and bolstering were still comfy and supportive. I think much of the different feel boils down to the perforations on all Highland seats, my LR test drive was somewhat similar with the reduced suppleness for this very reason. Fair trade, I fully expect these seats to be way better than my 2018 LR regardless, and I'm sure they'll soften up a bit after breaking in.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Feeling alot of animosity right now against California right now because of deliveries. Sure, I get it. Lay it on us.

If it makes you east coasters feel any better we don't get a change in seasons here. (I think that's a big thing with them cause all my relatives in Michigan tell me they'll never move to CA cause we don't have a "change in seasons" and I'm missing out)

Never snows for Christmas here. Never did i get a "snow day" off for school. And we don't have basements in our houses. We have earthquakes too. Feeling any better?

I'm wrapping my Gray/White and considering I'm going through my mid life crisis years, I thought about doing yellows, bright greens, baby blues, pretty much all bright/loud colors. Then I thought about how I drive, exactly like how you put it, and got back to my old fart senses.
You just inspired me to wrap this thing in neon green, **** it, im approaching my mid life crisis so might as well start early, Neon green on black sounds sweet lol

Don't tell me this. Fingers crossed mine holds at 6/23-6/30
This happened to several users including myself. Mine has been July - late August as of monday on a day one order. It looks like most if not all Midwest deliveries are “estimated” for this timeframe . But again, the date could change to October then switch to first week of June overnight.

Seeing as there are still Jan/Feb LR orders without VINs, some of us might be in for a long ride while others are more fortunate and see their car 2-3 weeks after ordering.

I don't have any experience with PPF, ceramic, etc. If my car will be leased is there an issue with these? The primary benefits are protection from scratching/chips and easier to maintain, correct?
if you are leasing, protecting you car is totally unnecessary, tesla doesn't charge you for chips and small scratches when turning the car in, especially if you are getting another telsa, you are just throwing that money away. If you want to wrap if for a color change tho I get it, I am leasing too and debating a wrap.

checking if you took delivery of yours...
Yes, I actually took delivery one day earlier than scheduled. The scheduling system kept bugging me to pick it up earlier so I took delivery yesterday. See attached pic in front of the Fremont factory. People aren’t going to believe this but I ordered last Thursday (5/23) and picked up on Tuesday (5/28), so within 5 days of ordering. I don’t know how this happened, but I got lucky and probably got a car that someone cancelled. I do know that the car was built and onsite on Monday 5/27. Obviously me being local to the Fremont area played a role. I feel bad for getting the car ahead of so many people and personally don’t think that is right, but it’s Tesla.

I am pleasantly surprised by the build quality, especially after hearing earlier reports of gaps and rattles. My car is pretty much as perfect as I can expect. There are no gaps, alignment (both body and wheel), or rattling issues. The cabin is so quiet that you start to hear things that are normally masked by road noise. There is orange peel texture in the paint, but again expected. No other debris or blemishes, actually exceeded my expectations.

I have a 2018 BMW M3 to compare it against and I would say the build quality is of course not as good, but it is getting close. For an American built car, it is superb. The first gen model 3 Performance that I looked at in 2018 was atrocious. Opening up the trunk you could see welds that looked like a kindergartener’s finger painting. Now things are so much better, welds are clean, but not as straight and uniform as a BMW, but close.

My delivery experience was amazing. It was very special for me to pick up an American made car from the factory in my neighboring community. Had a great sense of pride and appreciation for it all.

Attachments

• IMG_5712.jpeg
    IMG_5712.jpeg
    714 KB · Views: 10
I wonder if Tesla should have “expedited” delivery and VIN assignment for a fee for people that need a car asap or want theirs earlier.

Something as quick as next same spec config as theirs off the line going straight on the trailer to the showroom for scheduled delivery.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Yes, I actually took delivery one day earlier than scheduled. The scheduling system kept bugging me to pick it up earlier so I took delivery yesterday. See attached pic in front of the Fremont factory. People aren’t going to believe this but I ordered last Thursday (5/23) and picked up on Tuesday (5/28), so within 5 days of ordering. I don’t know how this happened, but I got lucky and probably got a car that someone cancelled. I do know that the car was built and onsite on Monday 5/27. Obviously me being local to the Fremont area played a role. I feel bad for getting the car ahead of so many people and personally don’t think that is right, but it’s Tesla.

I am pleasantly surprised by the build quality, especially after hearing earlier reports of gaps and rattles. My car is pretty much as perfect as I can expect. There are no gaps, alignment (both body and wheel), or rattling issues. The cabin is so quiet that you start to hear things that are normally masked by road noise. There is orange peel texture in the paint, but again expected. No other debris or blemishes, actually exceeded my expectations.

I have a 2018 BMW M3 to compare it against and I would say the build quality is of course not as good, but it is getting close. For an American built car, it is superb. The first gen model 3 Performance that I looked at in 2018 was atrocious. Opening up the trunk you could see welds that looked like a kindergartener’s finger painting. Now things are so much better, welds are clean, but not as straight and uniform as a BMW, but close.

My delivery experience was amazing. It was very special for me to pick up an American made car from the factory in my neighboring community. Had a great sense of pride and appreciation for it all.
Sometimes I forget Tesla's are "american cars". My last m3p even with all the blemishes, was the best car I've owned (went from an s4) cant wait to pick up the same spec as you performance tomorrow.

Ordered, built, and delivered in five days. Wow! Congrats!!!!!

People aren’t going to believe this but I ordered last Thursday (5/23) and picked up on Tuesday (5/28), so within 5 days of ordering. I don’t know how this happened, but I got lucky and probably got a car that someone cancelled. I do know that the car was built and onsite on Monday 5/27. Obviously me being local to the Fremont area played a role. I feel bad for getting the car ahead of so many people and personally don’t think that is right, but it’s Tesla.
Ok anybody know any good hotels in Fremont? I think I'm going to head out there from Ohio and change my delivery location and see what happens. Now what to tell my family and work?

I wonder if Tesla should have “expedited” delivery and VIN assignment for a fee for people that need a car asap or want theirs earlier.

Something as quick as next same spec config as theirs off the line going straight on the trailer to the showroom for scheduled delivery.
I would just be happy with ANY transparency as to when to expect a VIN. I get they need to boost their sales, but they’re completely screwing those early adopters who waited all this time for the M3P and ordered the day of release. What’s the point of ordering early if you’re just going to get pushed back further and further any time any Joe Schmo that lives near the factor can place an order and instantly get a VIN/delivery within a week.

I also don’t think it’s the buyers fault. It’s not their fault they live in Cali. I am more annoyed at Tesla that they care more about quick sales than dedicated customers around the world trying to just get their hands on the car lol.

Good on you! Hope you bought a lotto ticket on the same day :)

Reactions: bolduser31
Ok anybody know any good hotels in Fremont? I think I'm going to head out there from Ohio and change my delivery location and see what happens. Now what to tell my family and work?
Funny part is there’s someone on the tracker with your same config who ordered 4/26 (so only like 3-4 days earlier than you) who has a VIN. Just seems crazy how big of a difference there seems to be.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I would just be happy with ANY transparency as to when to expect a VIN. I get they need to boost their sales, but they’re completely screwing those early adopters who waited all this time for the M3P and ordered the day of release. What’s the point of ordering early if you’re just going to get pushed back further and further any time any Joe Schmo that lives near the factor can place an order and instantly get a VIN/delivery within a week.

I also don’t think it’s the buyers fault. It’s not their fault they live in Cali. I am more annoyed at Tesla that they care more about quick sales than dedicated customers around the world trying to just get their hands on the car lol.
I hear what you're saying about early ordering. I ordered as soon as i could after release date, not so much for early delivery, as much as i was more worried about the price going up with initial demand cause there was many in the M3P speculation thread saying this car would be priced on release closer to 60k and some saying over 60k. When i saw some configs under 55k for rebate access and some over 55k i thought to myself maybe this is Tesla testing things and if ordering is off the charts then what if they raise prices out of the 55k rebate threshold for all configs cause their over 55k sales figures show them they can. Watching what's been happening over the past year or two with Tesla pricing on all its cars, i wanted to get locked in when i could. I ordered on 4/25 and if they told me I'm not getting delivery until September, I'd be ok with that. This car will be amazing and worth the wait.

Reactions: xianking
Feeling alot of animosity right now against California right now because of deliveries. Sure, I get it. Lay it on us.

If it makes you east coasters feel any better we don't get a change in seasons here. (I think that's a big thing with them cause all my relatives in Michigan tell me they'll never move to CA cause we don't have a "change in seasons" and I'm missing out)

Never snows for Christmas here. Never did i get a "snow day" off for school. And we don't have basements in our houses. We have earthquakes too. Feeling any better?

No. Exactly the same here... except replace "earthquakes" with "hurricanes".

Reactions: jv92red
if you are leasing, protecting you car is totally unnecessary, tesla doesn't charge you for chips and small scratches when turning the car in, especially if you are getting another telsa, you are just throwing that money away. If you want to wrap if for a color change tho I get it, I am leasing too and debating a wrap.
blows my mind how people spend thousands on a wrap or ppf. i do understand only if its a collectible car. how many people have had to trade-in or sell a car and said to themselves, dam i should wrapped it to prevent these 20 rock chips.