Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BMW M5 Comp, Sf90, Amg Gt 63s amg, BMW M8 Comp, BMW M3cs, 911 Turbos, 911 Turbo, Porsche Taycan Turbo, 296 gbt, Dodge Demon, Tesla Plaid, Rimac Nivera, Bugatti Chiron, Bugatti Divo, Bugatti Veryon, Porsche 918 Spyder, Lucid Air Sapphire, BMW M5 CS, Audi R8 V10+, Mclaren 765lt, Mclaren 720s, Lamborghini Hurucan performante, Ferrari 812 super fast, Audi Rs7 performance, Mclaren Senna, Mclaren 675lt, 570s, Avendator, Nissan Gtr noemi.
Now list the MSRP next to each one. haha

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
You don’t think? While I don’t think it’s the main deciding factor, from reviewing the tracker there is no doubt that the far majority of people with VINs are 4/23 orders (again, fully aware that many with later dates have gotten vins).

I also wonder if there is any benefit to changing around config or delivery location, or if you’re just going to likely further screw yourself by doing this. My EDD went from 5/30-6/13 to 7/15-8/19 like 3-4 days ago. At first I was telling myself some ppl get pushed out far then suddenly get a VIN, but that’s not happening so now I’m starting to get bummed again lol. Just keep trying to tell myself that EDD doesn’t mean much, but not sure I’m convincing myself that well lol.
My sample size is very minute but my EDD (East Coast) got pushed twice. I have seen posted on this forum, where people with same color combo ordered the vehicle three weeks after I did but got VIN assigned in a day or two and got the vehicle delivered. I am sure it's cost effective for them to deliver car on the West Coast and bump my delivery out by months. I think EDD does mean something when it comes to location. Oh well, it sucks but it is what it is.

It's random, no one knows. But until you get assigned a VIN, again no one knows, the date ranges you see are meaningless. Once you get that VIN and your EDD updates, then you can semi count on it being accurate or change ever so slightly.
The EDD just plays a massive mind game on you. It pushes out your date far so you lose all hope of a reasonable delivery, then randomly it draws it in close for a few days and then extends it out a few months like a big F you. This has been my personal experience lol.

There has to be an algorithm for VIN assignment, but it’s impossible to interpret because as soon as something seems to make sense, the complete opposite happens. For example, I had someone order the same day as me (earlier in the day) with the exact same config and pickup location get a VIN weeks ago and yet I have an EDD of July-August date range. Have also seen multiple people with VINs that ordered weeks after me picking up from a location 2 hours from me. Because surely I wouldn’t be willing to drive 2 hours to get it, nope let’s give it to someone who ordered weeks after me.

I swear some masochist must be working over there assigning these VINs who’s getting off torturing people lmao

My sample size is very minute but my EDD (East Coast) got pushed twice. I have seen posted on this forum, where people with same color combo ordered the vehicle three weeks after I did but got VIN assigned in a day or two and got the vehicle delivered. I am sure it's cost effective for them to deliver car on the West Coast and bump my delivery out by months. I think EDD does mean something when it comes to location. Oh well, it sucks but it is what it is.
Yeah I agree. It’s obviously beneficial for them to deliver to closer locations first which is why so many ppl in Cali after getting VINs/deliveries, but there has to be a point where they prioritize someone who made a purchase that isn’t in Cali. You can’t just keep forever delaying someone who ordered weeks ago because new orders keep coming in from a closer location. Although, maybe they can, because it sure seems like that’s what happening lol.

You can’t just keep forever delaying someone who ordered weeks ago because new orders keep coming in from a closer location. Although, maybe they can, because it sure seems like that’s what happening lol.
If the accountants tell Tesla to pump up the numbers for the month and quarter, then this is exactly what will happen. It's a big middle finger to those east of Cali but it's either a short term game strategy to boost sales now and lose some sales later and/or they know "x" percent of order holders outside Cali will wait an extra 4-6 weeks.

If the accountants tell Tesla to pump up the numbers for the month and quarter, then this is exactly what will happen. It's a big middle finger to those east of Cali but it's either a short term game strategy to boost sales now and lose some sales later and/or they know "x" percent of order holders outside Cali will wait an extra 4-6 weeks.

Yep, last few weeks of the quarter will be 95% West Coast deliveries.

The fact that no M3Ps have been delivered to OR/WA tells me that this is not the strategy.

View attachment 1051606
I got this message I guess as a reply to my earlier question about whether my car had reached the delivery location yet. Why is this from a California number? They say my care is scheduled to arrive "here". From what I know "here" should be my local SC in Florida, right? Just wondering why I got this from a Cali number: maybe the local service center sends messages through the mother ship or something?

I asked them if my car was at the local SC yet and what to expect since I believe my financing and trade-in have expired. They always seem to reply with the absolute minimum number of words as if each character costs $1000. :rolleyes:
Probably a corporate cell phone. Here would be the SC

Hello, my ordered M3P as been sitting at the local Tesla center (in the lot) for the past 1-2 weeks and the delivery date range keeps getting pushed out by a day each day. Tesla will not lock in a delivery date.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this typical or is there a problem with the car? Tesla won’t provide any details.

Thanks.