Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I dont understand, is why someone on a private facebook group who is trying to prove they are the first confirmed delivery in the US would only have 1 picture, of a steering wheel (which doesnt prove anything) rather than ask the delivery agent ("hey can you take a quick pic for me with my phone"?)

I mean, I hate to be skeptical, and in this case it feels like my skepticism is slightly unwarranted, but that is the most random of random pics ever for "proof of delivery" since it doesnt prove anything, and it would have been EXTREMELY easy to have someone take a pic of you standing next to the car with the door open getting in it, or something.

Shrug.. in this case I feel like there is a good chance we find out its all above board, but... there is also a chance its not, given how "shakycam" that pic is.

the white interior does look good BUT I am not sure about the interior white doors. It looks like a suede material and how dirty will they get? Will they be easy to clean?
Someone else mentioned it too but the white interior doors are then same synthetic "pleather" material like the seats so they'll wipe clean just fine. Having sat in both the black interior and the white interior, it really comes down to a matter of your taste. Personally, the black interior feels higher quality and will show less dirt over time. White tends to get dingy and harder to keep pristine, and the perforated seats are going to hold the schmutz in the holes, making them perma-dirty after awhile. Think of how many washes your white t-shirts can take before they look old and off-color

Because I had nothing better to do at work, I compared that video's acceleration/highway passing times to this 2023 Model 3 Performance quarter mile run at a drag strip. Used a frame counter to get "exact" measurements between the two.

22 M3P 60-70: 0.817s
24 M3P 60-70: 0.733s

22 M3P 60-80: 1.800s
24 M3P 60-80: 1.600s

22 M3P 60-90: 3.117s
24 M3P 60-90: 2.633s

22 M3P 60-100: 4.717s
24 M3P 60-100: 3.933s

22 M3P 70-80: 1.000s
24 M3P 70-80: 0.833s

22 M3P 70-90: 2.300s
24 M3P 70-90: 1.900s

22 M3P 70-100: 3.900s
24 M3P 70-100: 3.200s

"Exact" in quotes since the videos are only accurate within ~17 ms / ~34 ms as the 2023 is in 60 FPS and the 2024 is in 30 FPS. The 2023 is also on a drag strip in presumably optimal conditions (SoC unknown but likely high given the 3.32s 0-60) while the 2024 was ran on what looks to be a random interstate.
3.32 0-60 mph is really slow for the old car even without subtracting rollout. 1/8 mile time is slow too.

You're all going to love your car and be thankful you waited. You'll mostly forget about the wait once you sit in your car for the first time. As a matter of fact, the wait will make actually sitting in your car for the first time even better. Don't let it upset you. This is the closest you get to Christmas as an adult.
By far the best advice lol thank you

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would be more than happy to take a decrease in range for more performance. If you told me this car does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and a 1/4 mile in low 10's but the catch is the range is now 200 miles, for a 55k sedan, where do i sign up for that!!!
I’m definitely with you on that. I’ll take a significant bump in acceleration & sustained power, at the expense of range any day. Perhaps Tesla will offer this exact same thing one day, in the form of an acceleration (Ludicrous) boost!! 🤞

Reactions: arkhos and jv92red
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would be more than happy to take a decrease in range for more performance. If you told me this car does 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and a 1/4 mile in low 10's but the catch is the range is now 200 miles, for a 55k sedan, where do i sign up for that!!!
I may have made a comment earlier about what if the EPA was much less than originally posted. I wasn't stating oh yeah it's going to be. I was confident it was pretty accurate but was just bringing up the thought. Less range for more performance f yeah I'll take it! But less range for same performance would be very upsetting for me.

Reactions: jv92red
I looked through a few Dragy runs for the old Model 3 on YouTube and they all seem to fall between 3.3-3.5s 0-60. My own Model 3 Performance on 18s performs similarly. I'd say 3.32s is closer to average.
There are 159 times on Dragy between 3.20 and 3.29. I did sub 3.30 10 times when mine was 100% stock. If you don't heat the battery then 3.30+ is likely. If you do heat the battery then sub 3.30 is likely.

3.30 without subtracting rollout is ~3.11 with rollout subtracted. 3.23 without subtracting rollout is 3.04 with rollout subtracted. The old cars were quicker than advertised when you heat the battery. The new cars should exhibit that behavior but perhaps even more so.

• Informative
Reactions: RBBJ