Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I haven't messaged them yet. My EDD window starts Saturday (I have a VIN) so I probably won't message them until Monday. Then I might ask if they know the pickup location and have any update on delivery day. I don't even know which location they are going to want me to go to.
If you go to the registration tab of your delivery tasks and select “View”, you should be able to scroll to the very bottom and see the delivery location. I had posted about my issue with the site Tesla picked and after a stop at my local store, they were able to change the pickup location for me.

Getting closer to the start of my EDD date, 5/25 - 6/22, but haven’t received a VIN. Neither has my EDD updated like most. Ordered a W/B combo, April 23rd. Out here in the East Coast (NYC Area). Anyone experiencing same thing? Or what have ya’ll seen if you had no VIN coming close to a day or 2 of start to your EDD?
I'm in the same boat exactly -- White with black interior, ordered 4/23, EDD 5/25-6/22 for a couple of weeks. My pickup location will be to Oneida or Mt. Kisco.

Getting closer to the start of my EDD date, 5/25 - 6/22, but haven’t received a VIN. Neither has my EDD updated like most. Ordered a W/B combo, April 23rd. Out here in the East Coast (NYC Area). Anyone experiencing same thing? Or what have ya’ll seen if you had no VIN coming close to a day or 2 of start to your EDD?
Yea im 4/23 order, east coast. My window is still 5/22-6/19 and it’s the 23rd now lol. No vin.

Reactions: Sandee3
If you go to the registration tab of your delivery tasks and select “View”, you should be able to scroll to the very bottom and see the delivery location. I had posted about my issue with the site Tesla picked and after a stop at my local store, they were able to change the pickup location for me.

Thanks. I checked and mine says "Your delivery location and method will be determined when you schedule your delivery appointment". How does that make sense? I have a VIN and my delivery window starts Saturday so I'm sure they know where it's going.

You are my twin. I ordered white/black on the same day, denver, and my dates moved to and from the exact same dates lol
Question for you since you’re in Colorado. How does registration work in this state through Tesla? It seems like they charge much less than the state charges but from the used vehicles I’ve purchased since moving here you have to buy your plates from the state and they charge you based off the value. This is the only state I’ve ever lived where registration isn’t handled by the dealership you’re buying from

Just an anecdotal data point, but my range is 5/22-6/5 and it hasn’t changed and I don’t have a VIN. Based on the experience of others, I expect my range to get pushed back to July ish, and then I’ll be hopeful to get it pulled in as others have as well. My target realistic goal is end of June, but these recent delays make me think it may be later than that.

Edit - as I wrote this, it updated to July 8-August 12 lol. Now I’ve just got to be hopeful that it pulls forward.

Reactions: SmooveSailing
Question for you since you’re in Colorado. How does registration work in this state through Tesla? It seems like they charge much less than the state charges but from the used vehicles I’ve purchased since moving here you have to buy your plates from the state and they charge you based off the value. This is the only state I’ve ever lived where registration isn’t handled by the dealership you’re buying from
Yeah the registration costs here are insane. New cars you can guesstimate it's about 2.5% of the msrp. It goes down each year. When picking up the car you'll sign the titlework and get a 60 day temp plate, then Tesla files it with the county motor vehicle you live in. The dmv people take about a month or two to process your titlework, then you'll get a postcard looking notice in the mail saying you can go to the dmv and pay for your registration and plates. Sometimes there are delays with titlework and they allow one extra 60 day temp tag from the dealer you purchased from if needed.

Ordered 4/23, confirmation email 12:16 PM EST.
White/White.
Raleigh, North Carolina.

RN121540XXX.
EDD1: May - June
EDD2: June
EDD3: May 27 - June 30
EDD4: May 22 - June 19

EDD5: just updated to July 9 - August 13

How factual is that new range? Kinda crazy.

As it has been stated multiple times, the word "factual" and EDD should not be used together.

In fact, one member earlier in this thread said something very similar happened to him with a nearby EDD getting pushed way out, right before he got his VIN. So while it can be frustrating (trust me, I get it, this is my 3rd Tesla) don't look too far into the EDD movement.