Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if you had a guess, what would it be.
I'd guess you sweet talked them into PDI before software, and asked them to skip the Cleaning/Detailing. When I was in my local center on Tues, I asked if they PDI before the firmware so it would be ready, and was told they usually do not, incase the fix takes longer than expected, and they have to detail the car twice.
I did sit in my car on Tues, and they clearly hadn't PDI'ed or anything as it was all protective plastic wrapped, etc.

I'm excited to see the firmware go out and someone get their car though, it bodes well for the rest of us!

Small request for the person that has control over the google sheet, could we add a specific column for people to designate if they have cash, financing, or leasing chose in the app? Long story but I was messing around with chatGPT and asked it to analyze the sheet and see if she could give me an estimate of when I may receive a VIN (May 30 was the answer) but I then asked if it thought having cash chosen was the best option to make the VIN show up quickest. In short the answer was yes but basically, if we have some data on this, we might be able to see if they really are prioritizing orders that have that chosen. Trying to crack the code!

Reactions: M3PDenver
I'd guess you sweet talked them into PDI before software, and asked them to skip the Cleaning/Detailing. When I was in my local center on Tues, I asked if they PDI before the firmware so it would be ready, and was told they usually do not, incase the fix takes longer than expected, and they have to detail the car twice.
I did sit in my car on Tues, and they clearly hadn't PDI'ed or anything as it was all protective plastic wrapped, etc.

I'm excited to see the firmware go out and someone get their car though, it bodes well for the rest of us!
Somewhat. I just want to note I legit was issued the first verified vin. I also had the earliest delivery, before Danial.
I’ve been very open on Facebook about it, you can see my vin.

Small request for the person that has control over the google sheet, could we add a specific column for people to designate if they have cash, financing, or leasing chose in the app? Long story but I was messing around with chatGPT and asked it to analyze the sheet and see if she could give me an estimate of when I may receive a VIN (May 30 was the answer) but I then asked if it thought having cash chosen was the best option to make the VIN show up quickest. In short the answer was yes but basically, if we have some data on this, we might be able to see if they really are prioritizing orders that have that chosen. Trying to crack the code!

I suggested this (putting cash instead of financing in the order ) a long time ago as it was a proven thing to do to make sure your order is not held up by financing, expired financing approvals etc etc.

( here, in post #221 of this thread, on april 30th. Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room )

Its more "processing orders that are complete" vs "prioritizing cash". If you have financing and it hasnt expired etc, you should be good, but "cash" skips all that, and you can always change to financing once you get a vin.

If you want to finance, put cash first in the order, and AFTER you get a vin assigned, you message the person who contacts you to setup delivery and reply "you know, I was going to pay cash but I have changed my mind, Can you re open my order so I can apply for financing in it?" (if you want to apply for Financing through Tesla)

or

Arrange your own outside financing (after you get a vin) and tell the delivery agent by text " I was gonna pay cash but changed my mind and arranged outside financing. I will be using XXX company, putting YYY as a down payment, and the rest coming from the financing company".

The only reason to apply for financing first is, if you think rates are going to go up, AND you think your order will complete while your application is active and you lock your rate, or if you are not sure whether you will get approved or not.

Last edited:
Somewhat. I just want to note I legit was issued the first verified vin. I also had the earliest delivery, before Danial.
I’ve been very open on Facebook about it, you can see my vin.
Cool @ the first verified VIN, and then being the first delivery that was "officially allowed". We're all living through you at this point it seems.
I've still got an early appointment tomorrow, they haven't pushed me yet (it's almost 530pm here). Of course, someone earlier today was pushed 1 hour before appointment time.
I figure if they HAD done my inspection and then the software got pushed, they'd still make it for me. But if they didn't inspect up front, I doubt they'd keep the 9am appointment. Of course, I'm super happy to be flexible during the day and come whenever they could get it. Fully expecting though, "Our next available schedule slot is Monday" with the computer system.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Jangy
Cool @ the first verified VIN, and then being the first delivery that was "officially allowed". We're all living through you at this point it seems.
I've still got an early appointment tomorrow, they haven't pushed me yet (it's almost 530pm here). Of course, someone earlier today was pushed 1 hour before appointment time.
I figure if they HAD done my inspection and then the software got pushed, they'd still make it for me. But if they didn't inspect up front, I doubt they'd keep the 9am appointment. Of course, I'm super happy to be flexible during the day and come whenever they could get it. Fully expecting though, "Our next available schedule slot is Monday" with the computer system.
I also have an appointment tomorrow at 12:30 pm, haven’t heard anything yet. Fingers crossed! Assuming you’re also taking delivery in AZ by your username? That’s where I’m at too

JUST got a VIN after checking the app at least twice an hour today. Haven't gotten a text or push notification about the VIN assignment.
  • Red/Black
  • Central Florida
  • Ordered 04/23, ~1:30 PM EST.
  • New EDD: 06/07 - 06/14 (previously 06/18 - 06-30).
Hopefully others in/around Central Florida get their VINs soon as well.
Congrats. There's hope.
O-town here. Currently at the 06/18-06/30 like you were previously... Fingers crossed..
Blue/black
4/23

Reactions: RBBJ