Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does cash vs financing really make a difference on your priority in the delivery queue?

While most of this process is a "black box" putting cash vs financing when you first apply doesnt specifically make a difference, HOWEVER.....

1. There is some evidence over the years that not having a completed profile can somewhat delay getting a vin assigned. Putting cash completes that step.

2. With moving ETAs ( and again, they are going to move, nothing about the ESTIMATED delivery date makes much sense, it should be ignored until you get a vin, basically), Even if you are approved for financing now, its possible for your approval to lapse.

3. If your approval lapses, you will get another hard pull on your credit, and since that second hard pull will likely be more than a couple of weeks separated from the first one, it will be treated like a separate credit inquiry, unlike when you shop for a loan and do multiple inquiries in a couple week span, which all get treated as one hard pull.

Hard pulls can lower your credit score There isnt any reason to get more hard pulls than necessary, and ***waiting to apply for financing until you get a vin*** limits you to getting one hard pull for this transaction, instead of a chance of multiple hard pulls.

*** note that the strategy of waiting to do financing till you get a vin should only be done by people who know their financing will be no issue, and know they will be approved. If there is ANY question of whether you might or might not be approved, better to apply and find out than get to the end and find you cant buy the car. ***

Trade-in is valid for 30 days, which means it will expire before our cars arrive.
What does Tesla typically do when they update the trade-in at the 30 day mark?
Can I give them the trade-in at the 30 day mark before the new car is available? (I have other cars to use)

Reactions: jose3030
Anyone receive a Vin? Original order LR Blue/White19” on 1/11/24, switched as soon as available. I also own a 2018 M3P and bought a ‘24 MYP in March. Had a 22 Model S LR that was totaled. Not sure if any of these data points put me in the front of the line. I will believe it once I have a Vin.
IMG_0815.jpeg

Anyone receive a Vin? Original order LR Blue/White19” on 1/11/24, switched as soon as available. I also own a 2018 M3P and bought a ‘24 MYP in March. Had a 22 Model S LR that was totaled. Not sure if any of these data points put me in the front of the line. I will believe it once I have a Vin.
That's a LOT of Tesla's you've got! I sure wouldn't bet on the start of your EDD window being accurate (2 days from now). I doubt they'd even have a schedule slot open on this short notice. Agreed though, hopefully sooooon! :).

Anyone receive a Vin? Original order LR Blue/White19” on 1/11/24, switched as soon as available. I also own a 2018 M3P and bought a ‘24 MYP in March. Had a 22 Model S LR that was totaled. Not sure if any of these data points put me in the front of the line. I will believe it once I have a Vin.View attachment 1043241

You are the chosen one! Kwisatz haderach. Unlike the rest of us June common folk haha

I ordered a M3P on 4/23, originally showing May-June, now showing June, just like many others.

I'm feeling a bit baited with the delivery estimates, as others seem to be cutting in line; hopefully it sticks with June. Basically, what I'm hearing is that if I keep a car in the order queue in perpetuity and keep reconfiguring it, I'll get date priority whenever a new variant actually arrives. If someone changes configs between a M3LR to an M3P, it seems that they should get back in line with the rest of us, IMO.
My presumption is there is better margin on the M3P. Thus converting a LR to M3P helps TSLA bottom line perciularly if they have supply chain issues with white LR interior. I do understand the sentiment, being one bumped from May - june to June.

Anyone receive a Vin? Original order LR Blue/White19” on 1/11/24, switched as soon as available. I also own a 2018 M3P and bought a ‘24 MYP in March. Had a 22 Model S LR that was totaled. Not sure if any of these data points put me in the front of the line. I will believe it once I have a Vin.View attachment 1043241
Welcome to the club. I had a refreshed 2021 S that was totaled towards the end of last year. I picked up a 2022 MYP on Dec 30th to take advantage of the discount and tax credit and to see me over till they revealed the new performance model. This will be my 5th Tesla!

Long time lurker (read all 5 million pages of the spec thread haha)

First time poster. I'm in Australia, I ordered about 5mins after the configurator opened. Red with black interior. First Tesla although have been a fan and shareholder a long time. Coming from the Audi RS3 stable which I loved but the future marches on.

Attachments

• 438238288_435029795798667_5356820288189309512_n.jpg
    438238288_435029795798667_5356820288189309512_n.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 4
So close to pulling the trigger (still loving my 22). Really want to read some real impressions.
If you can watch that Jason Cammisa video and still say that you have to think about it then I am not sure what will convince you. Go watch that video end to end. This is a guy that only cares about the emotional experience of a drive. He has "poo-poo'd" electric cars in the past as not engaging enough. Then he does a complete 180 for this car and says it is just about the best NEW sport sedan you can buy today. For that guy to say that publicly is all I need to hear.

This car offers ridiculous Performance for the dollar but it also offers a lot more luxury than past Model 3s have offered. If you can get around the
"No Stalks" issue then honestly this car sounds pretty incredible.

If you can watch that Jason Cammisa video and still say that you have to think about it then I am not sure what will convince you. Go watch that video end to end. This is a guy that only cares about the emotional experience of a drive. He has "poo-poo'd" electric cars in the past as not engaging enough. Then he does a complete 180 for this car and says it is just about the best NEW sport sedan you can buy today. For that guy to say that publicly is all I need to hear.

This car offers ridiculous Performance for the dollar but it also offers a lot more luxury than past Model 3s have offered. If you can get around the
Yep, other than the stalks, a HUD and "proper" 360 camera are about the only features missing from a car in this class. The highland m3p looks like a homerun. None of those are deal breakers in the slightest. I ordered as soon as I could.

I mean 10.99 capability would be nice, but that doesn't feel different to a 11.05 or whatever, so anything around there is plenty fast enough.

All that for 85k (Aud) in a world where the i5n is 120k and a M3 compX drive is like 200k with options.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I submitted a trade in upon order on 4/23.
I finally got a confirmation back w/ the pricing/estimate for trade in last night.
It was on par w/ what was quoted on the website when I submitted info.

So they are LOOKING at pictures and trade-in info now.
Scared to complete it as it supposedly is only good for 30 days and I still have a 'JUNE' EDD.

I am sure this will be a very unpopular post:p but any recommendations for 18” wheel for the new performance? Way too many potholes in Indy and I am sure I will be like some of my friends with 21” wheels that have to replace them often.
We don't know if the brake calipers are bigger or not so we don't know which ones will fit or not. I have 18" T Sportline wheels that I will test fit on mine when I get it.

Reactions: RodPGH

Ok will do. I am not sure who this gentleman is but your excitement has been noted!

Just need to figure out tires now.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Ok will do. I am not sure who this gentleman is but your excitement has been noted!

Just need to figure out tires now.
Cammisa is one of the most respected Auto journalists there is. The other people that were there were there because they have large audiences that they can reach out to.

Cammisa was there because he knows cars better than just about anyone else. That and he has a pretty big audience too.

What are you looking for in tires?