Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until someone breaks i to your car and basically has a key to your garage door and your address in the glove box.
If someone breaks into my car and steals the car, then I'll know. Takes 2 seconds for me to go to my opener and wipe out all paired remotes. And then re-pair each car back into the opener.

If someone breaks into my car, and doesn't steal it but is looking in cubbies and glove boxes for something of value they will find nothing but my car registration as i never keep anything of value in any of our cars. The remote will not be anywhere in site and not in any cubbie or glove box. How would a criminal know where i hid my remote? Are they REALLY looking for that in the few minutes if that to take what they can and split?

Either way, i wipe out that remote and re-pair my remotes.

Reactions: DocHolliday
If someone breaks into my car and steals the car, then I'll know. Takes 2 seconds for me to go to my opener and wipe out all paired remotes. And then re-pair each car back into the opener.

If someone breaks into my car, and doesn't steal it but is looking in cubbies and glove boxes for something of value they will find nothing but my car registration as i never keep anything of value in any of our cars. The remote will not be anywhere in site and not in any cubbie or glove box. How would a criminal know where i hid my remote? Are they REALLY looking for that in the few minutes if that to take what they can and split?

Either way, i wipe out that remote and re-pair my remotes.
How do you wipe your remote if you are away from your house? What if its valet? You gonna know if they swipe your remote them, they aren’t breaking into tour car per-say. And are you serious about hiding your remote. Most people dont even think about it. I just think physical remotes are risks. But I tend to look at things differently.

Any garage door can be hacked pretty easily to open it. I don't worry too much about that. You could have anything in my garage as there's just junk and tools in there. To get into my house you still have to get through the deadbolt and alarm. And before then I already have you on camera and the video stored in the cloud. With that said, ALL of that can be defeated if you really wanted to. It's all just managed risk.

How do you wipe your remote if you are away from your house? What if its valet? You gonna know them? I just think physical remotes are risks. But I tend to look at things differently.
Only time there are not family members home, then we're on vacation and my car is in the garage. And when we do go on vacations we disable the opener completely. It's what i do, i know, I'm anal about stuff too.

And to add to security, If you were to look at my garage door emergency release pull you will see i have zip tied that not to release because I've seen videos of people breaking into garages by sticking a hanger above the seal and hooking the release cord from outside allowing them to manually lift the door once released. Already got that covered.

Any garage door can be hacked pretty easily to open it. I don't worry too much about that. You could have anything in my garage as there's just junk and tools in there. To get into my house you still have to get through the deadbolt and alarm. And before then I already have you on camera and the video stored in the cloud. With that said, ALL of that can be defeated if you really wanted to. It's all just managed risk.
Don’t live a flashy life and live well below your means…also have good insurance so you can easily replace the things in your home. As for the people you love in your home…defend them ruthlessly!

Sorry for the ignorance but which page is the tracker on?

its stickied to the top of the model 3 ordering subforum:

Oh wow what are the chances… lol. Think there’s any way they pushed it through? Or a complete coincidence?
[/QUOTE]
Right??I can't imagine it would somehow push a vin, cause the change hasn't officially gone through. It's got me second guessing the color switch haha, cause who knows how far back red is gunna set me on the timeline.

Got my VIN today!! UR/Blk, order date 4/30. My EDD bumped up to 6/4 - 6/13. What's weird is I didn't get a txt or notification from the app. I've been busy all day so has only refreshed the app this morning and nada. I fired the app about 1.5 hours ago and saw i had a VIN. Just swapped it back to lease from cash. I'll fill out the lease app tomorrow.

I have multiple garage doors. With homelink, I can open them all. With myQ, wouldn't I have to pay for 3 subs?
Respond to wrong person? I prefer homelink. I despise MyQ. Was an early adopter with the very first MyQ garage door made but I will never buy Chamberlain/lift master again after the bs they pulled with the insane subscription prices that cost more than the garage door opener itself did and they started charging after the fact when I'd already bought the garage door opener.

Reactions: Jakub1
Unless you don’t want to drive 2 hrs to a Tesla center for them to install and program. If it even works with the Highland which I have not seen a positive answer on yet.
Mobile service used to be able to do it from what I understand, but I'd still drive 3 hours to have them install it. You have no idea how much I despise Chamberlain/lift master for their absurd MyQ bs. I'd sooner get out of my car every time I got home and manual lift my garage door than pay them a subscription to use something I already paid them for years ago.

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the steering wheel issues but glad it was taken care of immediately. As for the turn signal button feel, how is the haptic feedback quality? Does it offer a satisfying simulation of a "click" when you press on them? MKBHD complained that the buttons offered no feedback in his review which was odd. Almost everyone stated that the new signal buttons gave a clicking feedback sensation and sound when pressed.
The turn signals are physical buttons the get pressed in and click, no haptics, so far they feel good.