Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never felt this way about a car before, but I got Space Grey and I don't love it, I do think it is the best a dark grey can look but this car was meant for red. I don't even think blue, black or white come close to how good red looks either. I went with space grey because I thought I would like it more than the flashy red, but man, I just don't get excited when I look at my car, something i've never experience before. I should have got red, price didnt even matter as I was leasing and pricing was similar.

Grey is exactly that, stealthy, which is fine, I get why people like it, but this color is not for me. It hides 90% of what makes a performance a performance, the front grille changes just disappear into the dark color and same with the carbon fiber spolier. You can't see those details at all meanwhile on red, they POP. Just my opinion though.
I agree completely, I saw one in SG at the local show room right next to a model s plaid in the same color and for me it just loses the lines of the car. Parts blend in and it’s just not my personal cup of tea. Entirely subjective though

This thread has been moving so fast it’s insane. It doesn’t make a difference to me now that I have my car, but I will mention something I’ve been thinking throughout this thread. There are so many off topic and needless posts that it makes it almost impossible to keep up with the thread unless you read posts two or three times a day. EDD updates, delivery updates, genuine questions, etc are all great and normal. It’s the 50 replies to amateur 0-60 times and 20 people answering one persons question with different versions of the same answer. That stuff clutters the thread so much.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I agree completely, I saw one in SG at the local show room right next to a model s plaid in the same color and for me it just loses the lines of the car. Parts blend in and it’s just not my personal cup of tea. Entirely subjective though
I mean we can say its subjective, but I think its a fact, if we both look at it and notice the same thing, its probably true lol. I mean I just parked my car this morning to get coffee and was just looking at it, I couldn't even tell it was a performance from looking straight on lol. Deeply regret SG, oh well.

Just got my delivery date for this Friday the 7th in Rockville, MD.

Not to everyone: I could NOT get anything from my SA message, so I called CS and I got a tremendous amount of info, exactly where the car is in transit and they also said I could schedule my delivery date now. None of that would have happened if I didn't call. I wish I would have sooner. I got really frustrated by my SA constantly saying they have no update to share whatsoever. Hope this helps someone else.

Just got my delivery date for this Friday the 7th in Rockville, MD.

Not to everyone: I could NOT get anything from my SA message, so I called CS and I got a tremendous amount of info, exactly where the car is in transit and they also said I could schedule my delivery date now. None of that would have happened if I didn't call. I wish I would have sooner. I got really frustrated by my SA constantly saying they have no update to share whatsoever. Hope this helps someone else.
When was your Order date? I ordered mine on 4/28. My pickup location is Rockville MD as well. Still waiting on my vin.

Order Date: April 25, 2024 | 3PM PDT
Config: Black / Black
Delivery: Sammamish/Seattle Wa

Original EDD: May/June
Updated EDD 6/3: June 25 - Jun 30
VIN Assigned: Yes
VIN Date/Time: 06/04/2024 @ 11:00 AM PDT via text | Confirmed afterwards in APP
Pickup Date: 06/08/2024 - Alerted via text at 11:01 AM PDT
Ah! You're right next to me! (Issaquah) :)
Congrats!

I can read but I'm missing your point. An alignment measures the actual setup and isn't based on theories related to road surface. There is no guessing. So, if the car is fine, the readings will show it. You would only adjust if things are out of specification. Plus, I don't agree with you that people are as numb to life as you imply. Cars are what they are today because the MAJORITY gets it. It's odd that you are so charged about minimizing alignments. I'm actually lost that you think pulling to the right may mean it's "good". If you don't do alignment on a Tesla MP3, it won't get more than 15,000 miles PERIOD. Those are facts. Your experience and vast depth of knowledge can't override facts.

By all means, get an alignment! No one is trying to take your God given right to get an alignment, especially if you think the factory alignment will tear the tires off the car! My 2021 never needed an alignment and I'm trading it in on original tires for the M3P and the tires still look brand new. So I was just pointing out that driving the car a few miles and detecting a slight pull to the right may not necessarily mean you need an alignment! If it did that consistently even on non crowned roads, I'd certainly have an alignment too.

Last edited:
Took delivery today in St. Louis. Whole process only took 10 minutes, and the car is absolutely perfect. They mentioned this was the first delivery of a performance here. I was worried about the interior LED alignment but it’s perfect. Good luck to everyone still waiting. It truly is worth the wait.
Sweet. I’m gonna guess the train takes them to Chicago from Cali then from there they get shipped on truck to st.Louis and kc. With that said hopefully the truck hurries up with mine to kc lol congrats!

Reactions: impatient_guy
I mean we can say its subjective, but I think its a fact, if we both look at it and notice the same thing, its probably true lol. I mean I just parked my car this morning to get coffee and was just looking at it, I couldn't even tell it was a performance from looking straight on lol. Deeply regret SG, oh well.
just wrap it! I ordered SG/WHT but I prefer WHT/WHT. The incentive was too good to pass and with the savings, I can wrap it a different color if I wanted it, later on.

I've never felt this way about a car before, but I got stealth Grey and I don't love it, I do think it is the best a dark grey can look but this car was meant for red. I don't even think blue, black or white come close to how good red looks either. I went with space grey because I thought I would like it more than the flashy red, but man, I just don't get excited when I look at my car, something i've never experience before. I should have got red, price didnt even matter as I was leasing and pricing was similar.

Grey is exactly that, stealthy, which is fine, I get why people like it, but this color is not for me. It hides 90% of what makes a performance a performance, the front grille changes just disappear into the dark color and same with the carbon fiber spolier. You can't see those details at all meanwhile on red, they POP. Just my opinion though.
That's why I had to choose Red this time. I love my white Tesla now, I like white on the new performance but there's just too many white Teslas now. Then this red comes out and WOW. The red and black combo brings out the design, the front and rear spoilers, brakes, rear diffuser, etc.

Last edited:
This thread has been moving so fast it’s insane. It doesn’t make a difference to me now that I have my car, but I will mention something I’ve been thinking throughout this thread. There are so many off topic and needless posts that it makes it almost impossible to keep up with the thread unless you read posts two or three times a day. EDD updates, delivery updates, genuine questions, etc are all great and normal. It’s the 50 replies to amateur 0-60 times and 20 people answering one persons question with different versions of the same answer. That stuff clutters the thread so much.

My 2 cents.
So you rather this thread be where all people posts are "omg, got my VIN, xoxo" "omg, my EDD got push out again" all day long?