Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following-up on this with some not so great news:

The hubs indeed still have the stepped lip for 2024 Model 3 Performance.
View attachment 1058663

The back of the wheels have stepped cutout to accommodate for this, like on all previous Model 3/Y factory wheels.
View attachment 1058664

The good news is all the current wheel accessories, such as hub-rings and spacers for Gen.1 is fully-compatible with Gen.2 (Highland). H&R hub-centric spacers test fitted.
View attachment 1058665

While I had the wheels off, I decided to weigh them with tires and all.

2024 Model 3 Performance Front Wheel
20x9 +34 with 235/35/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires - 48.8lbs
Wheels only - 22.7lbs (according to Unplugged Performance)
View attachment 1058666

2024 Model 3 Performance Rear Wheel
20x10 +45 with 275/30/20 Pirelli P Zero Tires - 53.4lbs
Wheels only - 23.4lbs (according to Unplugged Performance)
View attachment 1058668

I also confirmed the rear wheels moved to the front will not clear the suspension arm. I'm ball parking around 17mm spacers for sufficient clearance for those wanting to source two OEM rear wheels to run 20x10 square setup.
View attachment 1058670

I also confirmed the mini wheel covers are a pain in the ass to take off! 😠 WHY TESLA?!
View attachment 1058671

Here's the test fit of 14/14mm H&R TRAK+ Spacers that we sell. Front is slightly too aggressive for my taste, but fine for some.
We also sell a "Moderate Flush" kit consisting of 5/14mm spacers, which I think will be more appropriate. These spacers are very straightforward to install.
View attachment 1058673

That's all for now. Will continue to test and note different things along the way. I will eventually get around to making a dedicated build thread for this car. For now feel free @ reply me if you are curious about anything else!

Thanks,
Danny - [email protected]
Is the pic with the “Moderate Flush” spacer kit?

So in randomly checking the app, I find that for some reason, they automatically set my delivery date to tomorrow (6/23) at 5pm. I never set or confirmed this appointment LOL. Has this happened to anyone?

Sent an IM in the app asking to reschedule, so far no reply.

As much as I would like to take the car tomorrow, still have to get the financing ironed out and my CU is closed until Monday.

I mean if I really really wanted to, I *can* take delivery tomorrow, but I don't wanna do that. Gotta be patient, lol.

So in randomly checking the app, I find that for some reason, they automatically set my delivery date to tomorrow (6/23) at 5pm. I never set or confirmed this appointment LOL. Has this happened to anyone?

Sent an IM in the app asking to reschedule, so far no reply.

As much as I would like to take the car tomorrow, still have to get the financing ironed out and my CU is closed until Monday.

I mean if I really really wanted to, I *can* take delivery tomorrow, but I don't wanna do that. Gotta be patient, lol.
The first delivery date I scheduled got changed without me knowing. No notification or message or anything. I messaged them and they said they were having issues due to the cyberattack on dealerships so it could be a little delayed.

Here are some tint references
55% Windshield
5% back
15% front
Ceramic XR Plus
Came out to about $1k after tax (overpriced I’m aware)
View attachment 1058864View attachment 1058865View attachment 1058866View attachment 1058867
Another thing that I have heard much was with the turn signals. For some reason my brain thinks that the left should be on top and right on bottom. I’ve heard someone say it once and always thought no way that sounds right lol.
It’s the way it is now because to turn right you’d flick up on the stalk and left is down so they kept the direction up vs down

• Informative
Reactions: spennnyy and arkhos
Just picked up the car in Colma and see couple performance at the lot. checked everything before final payment. Just request service for some misalignment issues which are at bumper, frunk and ambient light. No other issues was found now.
Just found the road noise is pretty high when drive over 70mph in freeway especially on the rough road. It’s my first EV, not sure if this is normal or just because of the bigger wheels.

Reactions: emuloid
I sure hope that is true! That would be wonderful! :)

I keep checking the app like an addict, though... ;)

Grats on the VIN!
Haha, I understand. I was checking it like a mad man. Part of me wants to believe there is a scoreboard with how many times you have checked your order, and that’s how they decide who get’s their cars.🤣

Thank you! I scheduled delivery for the 26th shortly after posting my last message. Getting excited now!

Picked up on Friday! What a great car!!!

Just wanna say… was driving in my new M3p. On the 101 passing through Oxnard. Looked over and saw my first ‘24 M3p in the wild, not at a service center, out on the road. Fellow SG, but white interior.

Dude was eyeing my car, maybe I was his first ‘24 M3p in the wild too ya know?

I pointed at him and smiled as I pulled up beside him (we were sitting in traffic). My fiancé yelled at me and said “Don’t do that! You can’t just point at people!!” I said “it’s a new model 3 performance!”

The guy saw me pointing and immediately smiled. I waved, dude waved back. Game recognize game. Finance shut up. We went our separate ways (fellow M3p, not finance). Little moments like that make the wait totally worth it!

I just locked down the demo one in NJ. 45 miles or so. Being in NH I can essentially only get a car from Paramus NJ because reasons. I’m headed down to NY this weekend anyway, about an hour away. Hopefully the car isn’t a disaster and this isn’t a mistake. 😂
So the plan is they’re delivering this car to me in NH some time this week. Just curious, what rights do I have if the car is in bad shape? Can I still deny taking delivery and not accept it? As I already paid in full I understand my money may be locked up for a while which is fine. Or is it the case that no matter what I have to take the car? Thanks!

So the plan is they’re delivering this car to me in NH some time this week. Just curious, what rights do I have if the car is in bad shape? Can I still deny taking delivery and not accept it? As I already paid in full I understand my money may be locked up for a while which is fine. Or is it the case that no matter what I have to take the car? Thanks!
Interesting scenario. I did not pay for M3P before inspecting because I was afraid of issues. My car did have issues and I refused delivery. I would imagine they would allow you to refuse it but they may keep your $$ for however long it takes until you get another vin.

Btw … when I refused my delivery I was told the next refusal would mean I lose my deposit and would have to submit another order

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
Stopped by the Brandon Mississippi service center. Middle of freaking no where. Have never seen it mentioned in this thread but the SA said they’ve had multiple M3Ps picked up from there so far. Shows just how small of a group this forum is compared to the whole public
That's pretty aggravating considering I'm an early day 1 order with that pick-up location and still have July/Sept date.

Interesting. For those days it sat at the delivery location, did you have a VIN that whole time? Unfortunately my local place is not a delivery location, but they have been helpful. Any contact through the app has been near worthless.
Yes. I got my VIN 5/16 and the one day march started on May 29 which is the day my car arrived at the SC (eventually confirmed by my SA).

Woke up excited as I was scheduled to pickup at 2:00pm today, but that was extinguished by a voicemail from my SA mentioning the car went through inspection and was subsequently placed in a “containment hold which is a recall that we need to take care of before we can deliver it”.

Does anyone know what this could mean more specifically?

They said they cant have it fixed until Wednesday. Welp.. the wait goes on for 4 more long days :’)
My guess is that they are talking about the EPA firmware that has to be installed and your SC is just busy and won't get to it until Wednesday.