Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful cloudy day in LA to show off my new tints, looks great and I now dont regret getting gray, I thought I wanted red but knew I made the right choice from the start. I can finally call it mine. I honestly hated this car without tints, like most cars, but she's back to normal now. Ceramic tints 20% all around 45% windshield. Next I will tint my headlights and taillights, I dont even think its a question now if I should do that or not, going full stealth.

View attachment 1054449
View attachment 1054451
View attachment 1054447View attachment 1054448
on the fence with continuing with 5% all around or 15 all around and 70 on windshield. does the windshield tint help the sides look darker? any pics with minimum reflections? across the windows?
thx

What brand tint and price? Is that white interior? Maybe the clouds make it look darker
I got a good deal from a guy I use all the time, he charged me around $400 for ceramics all around for friends and fam, his pricing is good though from my experience. I forgot to ask what brand he used, im 90% sure it was CIR Suntek as he mentioned thats what he usually uses. He is mobile so he will come to your house and do the tints there too which IMO saves me another $50. I can DM his info if you need it, LA area. And yeah it was white interior, I was expecting the interior to make it look brighter as my last M3p with white was pretty bright, but maybe it was a combo of the clouds and me tinting the front windshield thats making it look darker. I need to see it in the sun

on the fence with continuing with 5% all around or 15 all around and 70 on windshield. does the windshield tint help the sides look darker? any pics with minimum reflections? across the windows?
thx
I can try and take some more pics w/o reflections for you later. I dont think ive ever gone darker than 20% so not sure how I would deal with that, The front windshield is 45% so it definitely makes the interior look a bit darker than not doing the windshield. I did the same tints last time on my Blue/white m3p without the front windshield and it was way brighter than this one

Reactions: eric135i
I’m just

Did you do the back glass full or half. Tint guy wants like 700 more to do the full rear instead of half.
Full, when looking from the inside out you can see there is a difference in tint that fades from the roof to the back window but pretty sure from the outside it looks like one solid piece. Also 700 more? damn lol, i paid about 400 total for all windows and windshield, ceramic but that was discounted pricing

Reactions: eric135i
Full, when looking from the inside out you can see there is a difference in tint that fades from the roof to the back window but pretty sure from the outside it looks like one solid piece. Also 700 more? damn lol, i paid about 400 total for all windows and windshield, ceramic but that was discounted pricing
Yeah i got quoted 750 for 3m Ceramic IR but thats assuming doing half back glass. I guess they really dont want to do the full.

I kinda wanted to leave the glass roof stock and just get shades. But having a line there might kill me...

I’m just

Did you do the back glass full or half. Tint guy wants like 700 more to do the full rear instead of half.
i have found that some tint shops make a ton of $ claiming that the rear glass is difficult and charge extra. shop elsewhere. scam alert. i've tinted up to the defroster line and happy with it. the fade line is there no matter what.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Thanks so much for posting this!! I’ve been wondering when I get mine if I’m just going to have to turn back around and give it back up for service to fix some little things. Glad to hear the potential dash rattle and probably even little gap adjustments can be done myself!

You're welcome. I prefer to fix minor things myself if I can. I can't remember ever having a car that had zero rattles: I always have to fix one or two. And I'd rather do this stuff myself than risk someone tearing into the dash and potentially breaking something else.

Anyone from South FL. (Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale area) taking delivery this week or next week? I woke up to my order being pushed for the 8th or 9th time but this time only by a day. I know I’m being paranoid but my concern is that somehow my order is given to someone else and I get a BS excuse that pushes me back. I know a few post ago a member said he got reassigned a new VIN while getting excuses from the SA then being dodged. That sounds shady AF to me. I’ve had my VIN for weeks and have not been able to schedule a pickup/delivery date while others say they could make an appointment shortly after receiving a VIN. I was being very patient but that last story and my recent push back has definitely shifted me into a different gear. I think I will stop by the SC as soon as I get out from work or tomorrow morning.
Broward here, pickup center is Miami Gardens, Ive had my VIN since 6/1, and they gave me a range of June 4 - June 13 on vin assignment. Got pushed on Monday to June 8 - June 17.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
My EDD updated today to 6/7-6/16 (was 6/13-6/20). I messaged my SA asking if there was any chance it was coming in by the 7th as that's when my trade expires. Responded that it's estimated to come in the 9th. He/she was going to see if the trade team would extend the offer but wasn't sure if they could. Nice of them to try but I would be very doubtful they would extend it.
While my SA didn't directly message me back I got a notification to schedule delivery. Earliest was 6/13 4:30pm. I think the car was scheduled to come in 6/9. Will have to move my last patient but it will be worth it. I may be 15-20min late for pick up but hopefully they won't mind. However I checked my trade in offer and they extended it by 7 days which was unexpected but obviously good news. So if your trade in date is close to delivery seems worth asking if they can extend it.

I've been going back and forth deciding between MyQ and Homelink. MyQ is $300 for a 10yr sub and Homelink is $350. I already have MyQ installed in my garage ($30) where I can control the door from my watch or phone. The signal path is roughly this: watch/phone sends data via internet through LTE/5G/wifi to MyQ server --> Server sends data to my MyQ device via internet then routed through my wifi. There's a fair amount of lag in this process ranging from 3 to 15 seconds depending on signal quality and internet traffic.
The advantage I see for Homelink is that it's a direct RF garage door signal emitting device not dependent on internet connection signal quality and 3rd party server response time. I may just go with Homelink.
I had bad luck with MyQ not being reliable and charging a subscription for the inconvenience. Homelink does everything except have awareness of whether the door is open or not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/795696592406119/user/1348620047/
From

Tesla Model 3 Performance: INSANE EDITION Owner’s Club

Michael Krell ·
·

Sadly dropping off my brand new M3P to service after only 200 miles for a fault that by all indications means cells in the battery pack have failed and it needs a full battery pack replacement
😢
no indication yet as to how long it will take to get a new battery pack. Wish me luck!

1717784727878.jpeg

1717784831411.jpeg

Was getting frustrated as i was in the same situation, 2 Weeks with a VIN assigned but no update on scheduling for delivery. Finally got my SA to schedule me today after countless days of nagging for updates lol! Delivery set for next tuesday!!!

I would suggest either going in and asking to schedule or nag them just like me lol😆
Finally got them to respond. Scheduled delivery for tomorrow afternoon.

That makes me want to try MyQ. My garage door is already a MyQ opener connected to wifi. I have the Homelink on my current Model 3, but it's been a pain. It only opens the garage if I'm facing it or very, very close to it. So when I pull out of my garage, I have to just barely pull into the driveway to activate it, and even then I often have to press it two or three times. I like the idea of MyQ doing it via internet instead of RF.
MyQ was less reliable for me than homelink was.

Reactions: xianking
From

Michael Krell ·
·

Sadly dropping off my brand new M3P to service after only 200 miles for a fault that by all indications means cells in the battery pack have failed and it needs a full battery pack replacement
😢
no indication yet as to how long it will take to get a new battery pack. Wish me luck!

View attachment 1054488

View attachment 1054489
😢

From

Michael Krell ·
·

😢

View attachment 1054488

View attachment 1054489
You would think they would just give him a new car with only 200 miles

Reactions: StealthedLuda