Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 4/25 and Edd got pushed from mid June to 7/22-8/12 wtf!

In NJ, anyone in similar situation?
I’ll swap you dates. …..
IMG_2610.jpeg

Got treated similar in FL. I know EDDs are "Fluid" per my SA. but this type of expectation and then switch, without explanation, has really gotten me feeling like a Chadamo at a broken CCS charger in the back of a Walmart. Thanks to the veterans and advise here that's not how EDD work. Imagine the poor saps who don't get the advise on how the monkey works.

Actually started looking for alternate options, as going to need a vehicle. How can I trust my 8/10 Edd doesn't slip. The used tycans are starting to look pretty sweet, also looking at lightnings (I know totally different) .

I think we are in the end of quarter push, and those with destinations at a long distance who don't have a vin / car in WIP are getting slapped to Q3 so they can maximize deliveries to western states that will make Q2. We could get lucky if they make a random match, but I think we are getting it up the bung hole. $TSLA. Don't forget to vote your shares.........Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:
How hard are the break supposed to be to press? I'm not sure if maybe I just haven't gotten used to the car yet, but it seems like pressing hard on the brakes, doesn't stop the car much faster than natural regen does.
Race brakes. I'm guessing they stop installing them from factory. People like the race look, not the race driving. Gotta get them hot. I noticed it too, but about the same as my trackpack pads I had before.

Delivered. Amazing in every way but WAY lower (physically) that I expected. Forgive me, I am an old guy and I came from a Tundra+Model Y so I didnt expect it. Still, its a blast - way faster than I expected, great ride, great tech, etc. Tesla customer service not so great, but the build quality is great so it makes up for it.
When my coworker got us that was the first thing I noticed was the fact it so much lower. Scared me for a second lol but man does it help with the ride. Def more sporty for sure. Enjoy it!

I'm in NY and ordered 45 minutes after it went live and still don't even have a vin. North East is getting no love at all. At this point I figure something has to be up because other areas of the country seem to be through the first few days to weeks of orders.

I understand it's not a line and logistics impact things but this feels and looks like it goes beyond just logistics unless there's something significant at play.

Reactions: Tylerjk019

I’ll swap you dates. …..
View attachment 1054624

I will say this. EDD doesn’t matter. Best to ignore. I had a og date range May 23-30, and then it changed on the 24th to July 7- August 11th. Week later it moved up to June 23-30. And then 3 days later I got a VIN assigned on June 3rd. Now date says June 17-24. It can be hellllla frustrating when they change dates or don’t set real expectations, but I can’t imagine how hard it is for logistics to give people accurate timelines when transportation is a thing along with production and the possible problems that come from that. Be excited! It’s coming! Sooner rather than later. From what I’ve seen most people’s dates that are that late, typically update sooner. I wouldn’t give it much credence. Good luck though 💪💪