Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How frequently is it acceptable to bug your SA for updates regarding delivery date updates lmao. I was told on Monday that it’s expected to arrive early next week.
They seem to be very good about contacting people when it's time for delivery. They told me a few days ago it would arrive on the 22nd and then a day later i was called to schedule delivery

Has anyone’s service center offered test drives of the Performance? I’ve been told our local and surrounding SC’s will not have one to drive soon, if ever. The rep said others test drive the Long Range and make their decision based on that… I think that’s selling the new Performance short.

I think you deserve an award for miraculously exercising enough self-control to not immediately kangaroo punch them for their suggestion.

They seem to be very good about contacting people when it's time for delivery. They told me a few days ago it would arrive on the 22nd and then a day later i was called to schedule delivery
Okay thanks. That was my general impression but it worries me because I have seen a few people post on here saying they waited so long after their VIN and then they ended up following up with the SA and they’re like “oh yeah it’s here… let’s schedule delivery”. I don’t want that happening to me but I also want to balance following up and being a pain in the ass haha

Okay thanks. That was my general impression but it worries me because I have seen a few people post on here saying they waited so long after their VIN and then they ended up following up with the SA and they’re like “oh yeah it’s here… let’s schedule delivery”. I don’t want that happening to me but I also want to balance following up and being a pain in the ass haha
If I were you i would go by the Tesla location you're getting your car delivered to and bother them there. I did that a few times so i'm sure they remembered to call me once they saw my car ready for scheduling

If I were you i would go by the Tesla location you're getting your car delivered to and bother them there. I did that a few times so i'm sure they remembered to call me once they saw my car ready for scheduling
Yeah haha that’s where I went on Monday when they told me likely early next week. It’s on my way home from work, so not a big hassle to check in. I just wasn’t sure how soon was “too soon” to check back in without being annoying lol.

Yeah haha that’s where I went on Monday when they told me likely early next week. It’s on my way home from work, so not a big hassle to check in. I just wasn’t sure how soon was “too soon” to check back in without being annoying lol.
Try messaging the app asking what day they show the car is arriving in your city. that's what got them to tell me

It seems like they just have one for each location in medium and small markets. It's a compromise between trying to market the car but also deliver those that have already been ordered. Best to keep the only one they have at the location in the showroom so every customer can see it vs. being gone a few hours each day for test drives or in the service bay repairing damage caused by "oh shiiiiii" test drives.
Yah, it was clearly the most popular car in the showroom along with the Cybertruck. This was at the Santana Row location which is in Silicon Valley and probably the biggest shopping area in the Bay Area right now. Everyone was getting in the car to the point I had to wait 15mins just to sit in it. Another reason why I would never buy a showroom demo of that car, it gets heavily fondled.

First post, figured I would help out a fellow Floridian. Little jealous I had to wait until today to get my car (pick up in a couple hours). I think I ordered before most of the FL people that already received theirs (around 12:43pm on 4/23). It would appear that mine arrived off the rail in Jacksonville with all the others buy got buried in the transport yard and they had to move other inventory before my car could move again. Hopefully no damage occurred while sitting at the yard.

Anyhow, onto your repeating errors.

SCCM = It's complaining that it doesn't see the stalks on the steering column, to be expected, ECU is shared with Model Y still, and it still supports those (that's how AO and others will get stalks working on Highlands)
DIF = Communication timeout with the HV BMS, this might be of some note or concern down the road, may just need to exercise a lose communication cable
VCRIGHT = Passenger seat sensor isn't calibrated or isn't sending valid data, this should be looked at by the service center because the possible outcome is that the passenger airbag module may not function in a crash

Wanted to give an update. I did a 2 scroll wheel reboot and it must have recalibrated or otherwise cleared its indigestion. All errors are gone except an occasional SCCM error. I don't think it'd hurt to do a reboot when you get your car just in case the firmware update didn't completely finish all calibrations.

The only thing I have seen about this related to someone actually saying "I am transferring FSD" in this thread, is this post below from a relatively new member. Since they say they are "transferring FSD" perhaps they can detail some information about what circumstances they are doing that under.

I dont remember seeing anyone else talk about active offers to transfer FSD from tesla. I dont follow, and am not counting, comments made by the CEO at meetings. I would be counting official offers from Tesla either through the app, or via email, or on their official website. Its just how I am, too many things said by that particular person are either optimistic, or not accurate, so I dont pay much attention there.
@E.Mac Can you give us some details?

Drove a round trip to Chicago yesterday, 140 miles each way. I-65 is not known for its smoothness but not the worst. Noticed how rough/sensitive the 20 inch wheels reracts to uneven road surfaces. Definitely need to go around even small potholes. My previous car has 235/40R19. There is still a huge difference. Also I just noticed the Chinese version of the car , theirs
comes with 19 inch wheels, a little bit thicker side walls. Also their Aero caps are all the smaller ones . Looks much better! Which we have that options here.
1000014695.jpg

Yah, it was clearly the most popular car in the showroom along with the Cybertruck. This was at the Santana Row location which is in Silicon Valley and probably the biggest shopping area in the Bay Area right now. Everyone was getting in the car to the point I had to wait 15mins just to sit in it. Another reason why I would never buy a showroom demo of that car, it gets heavily fondled.
I had a similar experience in the showroom in Dublin, CA. A really big dude and his dad kept getting in and out of the one M3P there to see if the seats would work for them. There is no way the seat bolsters could handle that kinda abuse from so many customers on a daily basis and stay firm.

How frequently is it acceptable to bug your SA for updates regarding delivery date updates lmao. I was told on Monday that it’s expected to arrive early next week.
Don't until you get your VIN because it is pointless otherwise and you are just being an annoyance to them. If you have a VIN and they said delivery date next week, I'd reach out Friday morning if you haven't heard from them

Reactions: hkarthik