Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone who has taken delivery please peek in your Service Alerts and see if you are getting any service messages? Mine has a bunch and they may be artifacts of an early firmware but if not, I'd like to keep an eye on them if they are unique to my car. The one that is most persistent is "SCCM_a016_HardwareError" regarding the steering column control module.

To see your messages, you can click on the car icon, software, hold down where it says "MODEL 3", and type "service" when it asks for the password. Then just click on Service Alerts lower right and look under the "service-fix" tab to see if you have any alerts. To get out of service mode, just hold down the red exit arrow on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!
First post, figured I would help out a fellow Floridian. Little jealous I had to wait until today to get my car (pick up in a couple hours). I think I ordered before most of the FL people that already received theirs (around 12:43pm on 4/23). It would appear that mine arrived off the rail in Jacksonville with all the others buy got buried in the transport yard and they had to move other inventory before my car could move again. Hopefully no damage occurred while sitting at the yard.

Anyhow, onto your repeating errors.

SCCM = It's complaining that it doesn't see the stalks on the steering column, to be expected, ECU is shared with Model Y still, and it still supports those (that's how AO and others will get stalks working on Highlands)
DIF = Communication timeout with the HV BMS, this might be of some note or concern down the road, may just need to exercise a lose communication cable
VCRIGHT = Passenger seat sensor isn't calibrated or isn't sending valid data, this should be looked at by the service center because the possible outcome is that the passenger airbag module may not function in a crash

Was scheduled to pick up Monday afternoon but got a text yesterday evening that said I could pick up today. Definitely worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_5601.jpeg
    IMG_5601.jpeg
    773 KB · Views: 5
Got bit by the EDD monkey today:

2024 M3P Ultra Red/Black, no FSD.
Initial OD 4/25/2024.
EDD1: 5/28 to 6/30.
EDD2: 5/30 to 6/27.
EDD3 (on 5/25): 7/12 to 8/16.
EDD4 (on 6/08): 6/18 to 6/30.
EDD5 (on 6/15): 7/22 to 8/26.
Some people are getting September dates. Iirc there are a few October dates as well.

If I don’t take delivery in 2024 I will have to cancel my order as I won’t qualify for the incentive next year. I’ll most likely hold on to my current car and re-assess in five or so years how the EV market is.

Reactions: hkarthik
Some people are getting September dates. Iirc there are a few October dates as well.

If I don’t take delivery in 2024 I will have to cancel my order as I won’t qualify for the incentive next year. I’ll most likely hold on to my current car and re-assess in five or so years how the EV market is.

There is zero chance you dont take delivery of this car in 2024, if you dont put your order on hold. I would even say there is only like a 1% chance that your order makes it to the end of july (unless you put it on hold).

Reactions: Jakub1 and Dr.DMP3
Well poo. Day 1 order (RN12153xxxx) and date just pushed to July 28 to Sept 1. Is this some punishment for not proceeding with CT order when it appeared.
I also have a CT order with and that didn't seem to affect me.

What was interesting for me, was I ordered the Red and white like 6/1 and didn't realize it didn't work with the tax incentive, so then I made a gray white order 6/3 and the red white order immediately went to something like delivery next week. I canceled the red and white and then the next day got the same thing for the gray and white.

• Informative
Reactions: arkhos