Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to go on a hunger strike till they get me a VIN :)
I need to loose a few pounds, but this many my Dr would not support.
I've had my charger waiting since November... I'm not sure if the constant reminder makes it better or worse waiting...
I cut the breaker to turn off the reminding green light. 🫣

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Getting a Tesla, especially the M3P, is super exciting, and you're right to think about protecting those seats, especially with little ones in tow. Car seats can take a toll on the upholstery over time.

For a practical solution, you might want to look into getting some seat covers. TESERY offers "Tesla Model Y Seat Covers" that are designed to fit well and protect the seats from daily wear and tear. They're made to ensure safety isn't compromised, which is key with car seats involved. Hope this helps you keep your M3P looking as sleek as the day you got it!

What's with these bot 'vendors' spamming threads?

1718453907957.png

Opened service alerts in service mode to find this. The car didn't warn me (as a customer) about them but now that I see them, should I be concerned? Could a few others check to see if they have similar messages? Wonder if it's an issue with early firmware?

Depends if you are looking for cheap or predictable. Main reason I buy new is that a)I plan to keep long term and b) I want something that can have consistent expected costs. I use cash flow accounting and knowing I won't have any unexpected large liquidity reducing events means I can run with less liquidity than I otherwise would need to.

Does this offset the entire haircut, no, not quite, but if offsets a good chunk of it with the benefit of reliable transportation and the latest cost saving tech which could come pretty close to balancing it out.

This all only applies if you can actually afford new cars though.
That last point is the kicker. Most people these days buy cars they can't afford, hahaha.

Recently found this forum and figure it's about time I jump in with my experience as I saw a few others in the Syracuse, NY area. I wasn't planning to get an M3P. I was looking at BMW M3s and my bimmer head buddy (who has owned many M3s and Porsche track cars) told me I might want to look at the new M3P. I was pretty impressed so I placed the order not realizing the car was this fresh and had just been released. Then I found this forum...

5/27 - ordered Stealth Gray/White, lease so I can get the EV credit and ease into the Tesla world
- original EDD June
-same day I got the notification about the restrictions with picking up the car on tribal land at Verona/Oneida. I looked into doing it through Mt. Kisco - the Verona/Oneida people couldn't help me get in touch and a few messages/calls went unanswered. So, I've decided to stick with Verona/Oneida location. I suppose I just have to hope they really do do a good job inspecting the vehicle for me. In general the SA has been responsive within a day or so on all of my texts.

6/1 - received VIN
6/7 - they scheduled delivery date of 6/29 but sent a message that that is for internal use only so they can generate DMV documents.
6/12 - no documents yet - saying they can't generate the docs until financing is complete. I did confirm they won't pull my credit again.

So, I'm in a holding pattern. For those that have taken deliver in Oneida/Verona - did it go ok? How long should I expect to wait to get these documents that I need to FedEx/UPS back to them? how was the trade in process?

Reactions: arkhos
Recently found this forum and figure it's about time I jump in with my experience as I saw a few others in the Syracuse, NY area. I wasn't planning to get an M3P. I was looking at BMW M3s and my bimmer head buddy (who has owned many M3s and Porsche track cars) told me I might want to look at the new M3P. I was pretty impressed so I placed the order not realizing the car was this fresh and had just been released. Then I found this forum...

5/27 - ordered Stealth Gray/White, lease so I can get the EV credit and ease into the Tesla world
- original EDD June
-same day I got the notification about the restrictions with picking up the car on tribal land at Verona/Oneida. I looked into doing it through Mt. Kisco - the Verona/Oneida people couldn't help me get in touch and a few messages/calls went unanswered. So, I've decided to stick with Verona/Oneida location. I suppose I just have to hope they really do do a good job inspecting the vehicle for me. In general the SA has been responsive within a day or so on all of my texts.

6/1 - received VIN
6/7 - they scheduled delivery date of 6/29 but sent a message that that is for internal use only so they can generate DMV documents.
6/12 - no documents yet - saying they can't generate the docs until financing is complete. I did confirm they won't pull my credit again.

So, I'm in a holding pattern. For those that have taken deliver in Oneida/Verona - did it go ok? How long should I expect to wait to get these documents that I need to FedEx/UPS back to them? how was the trade in process?
Wow, deliveries really are assigned by a monkey on cocaine. I'm super happy for you but this stings the most of any post I've seen. I'm just a bit east of you in Albany, ordered 4/23, 45 minutes after things went live and still have no vin.

Wow, deliveries really are assigned by a monkey on cocaine. I'm super happy for you but this stings the most of any post I've seen. I'm just a bit east of you in Albany, ordered 4/23, 45 minutes after things went live and still have no vin.
Yeah there really is no rhyme or reason to this. I’m a few states over, ordered 4/23 as well. Happy for OP, but what the actual f. Lol

Just remember, it's a very happy monkey.
So he does his job exceedingly well by pressing ALL the wrong buttons (and all your right buttons!)

- original EDD June

6/1 - received VIN

Unbelievable! How did you manage that? Several of us in this area ordered on the first day April 23 and have heard absolutely nothing about our order. Now projected for the end of July. Doesn't make any sense. You don't know how lucky you are. I think that you will find it more fun than the BMW. Enjoy.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Welp my EDD just changed from July 1 - Aug 5 to July 3 to July 31.
I am losing hope guys!
/me letting go of the rope.
Yeah this sucks lol. I got all excited Thursday when a random wave of VIns came and now it’s back to nothing. My EDD is still 6/20-6/30 Midwest 4/23 order but at this point I am totally anticipate getting pushed out with how slow things are going

Could someone who has taken delivery please peek in your Service Alerts and see if you are getting any service messages? Mine has a bunch and they may be artifacts of an early firmware but if not, I'd like to keep an eye on them if they are unique to my car. The one that is most persistent is "SCCM_a016_HardwareError" regarding the steering column control module.

To see your messages, you can click on the car icon, software, hold down where it says "MODEL 3", and type "service" when it asks for the password. Then just click on Service Alerts lower right and look under the "service-fix" tab to see if you have any alerts. To get out of service mode, just hold down the red exit arrow on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!

Just had my EDD moved up from June 20-30 to June 15-29. With them putting today on the EDD maybe that's a sign VIN is incoming soon?
That's what I'm hoping for as well. My EDD changed to 6/13 to 6/27 a week ago and has been creeping one day forward starting on 6/13. Now it's 6/15 to 6/28. Given that we are both PHX deliveries, maybe there is some logic to this (i.e., we are in the same batch/delivery). I don't see you on the tracker. What's your order date and config?