Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love this thread! But lately been reading a lot of complaints on EDD and how Tesla structures their estimated dates and vin assignments. Yes I have a VIN, but my dates fluctuated so much that I truly felt the frustration and anxiety of it. But then out of no where I got a VIN assigned and then I no longer cared. All I could think about is the car and just having it in my possession. So point is, I understand the annoyance and frustration. But that comes with the process of buying these cars through Tesla. Get excited! These vehicles are amazing and once you have it you’ll stop thinking about it! Praying for more vin assignments this month

Hang in there everyone. It is a joy to drive right out of the box.
IMG_1714.jpeg

What’s the best way to finish the “insurance” part in the app after getting a VIN. Do I need to actually call around and pick the insurance I want to use and change? Or can I just put in my current insurance and then switch once I take delivery?

I just dont want to delay delivery. So far it’s stilll greyed out so I would like to finish anything I need in the APP to move things forward.

Also… do I need to make this “final payment” thing in the APP or can I do that on delivery day after I inspect the car?
I just uploaded a screenshot of my current insurance policy on my current car. They accepted that and scheduled delivery. I think all states have at least a 7 day grace period on migrating insurance to a new vehicle (my state has 7 day, but my insurance gives me 30 days). So policy doesn't have to be hard swapped the day you take delivery for that car to still be covered.

Reactions: Raptor911
I just uploaded a screenshot of my current insurance policy on my current car. They accepted that and scheduled delivery. I think all states have at least a 7 day grace period on migrating insurance to a new vehicle (my state has 7 day, but my insurance gives me 30 days). So policy doesn't have to be hard swapped the day you take delivery for that car to still be covered.
Thanks! Right now my EDD is 6/28-6/30. Do I need to finish the insurance thing before they’ll set up an exact date for pickup? Like what MUST be completed before they’ll set up a delivery day?

Thanks! Right now my EDD is 6/28-6/30. Do I need to finish the insurance thing before they’ll set up an exact date for pickup? Like what MUST be completed before they’ll set up a delivery day?
I just took a pic of my insurance card for one of my current cars now and it was accepted. How can you have a insurance card of a car that you don't yet own?

Reactions: webbie313
For all the PPF people, I have a question. I’m not sure about the prices where you are but in Tampa FL, the cheapest PPF I could find is around 5500-9000 from clear to stealth to color change. With those prices which is more than 10% of the car what makes you decide to go with it? It’s also apparent that you’ll never get that money back when going to sell or trade in the car. With that added cost with the car, couldn’t you get a used plaid?
These people doing PFF are not doing it for an investment. I too find it insane people are spending almost $10k on after market stuff on a $50k vehicle but I calculate ROI on investments for a living and could never think about doing something like this on a depreciating asset. To each their own

Brokerage funds have to be sold from the money market, I think, so it may take a couple more days.
It looks like since May 28th's settlement rule T+1, settling individual stock trades is done the next business day, and 'certain mutual funds' are in the same timeframe. Those that are not are instead T+2, the second business day after the trade. Additionally a money market mutual fund trade's proceeds are available on the same day as the trade.